British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches (lc) - Sunday, March 20th (3pm)

We are now looking ok to cover on Updates Baldyman, thread will be set up shortly. Been an ever so slightly stressful morning trying to get things organised though, especially as I decided to go out last night, so everything is being done through the haze of a hangover this morning!

Thanks Sue. I would have been there myself..but after Thursday I instantly decided to stay at home instead.

You know more about Riss than me Scotsman and obviously followed him more closely than I.

But from afar, it seemed he was getting a lot of stick for the first half of the season.

Not sure how you or anyone can say Riss is "streets ahead" of Castagna, when Castagna has only ridden 9 meetings in the UK whilst Riss rode the whole season!

Yes that seems to have been missed but never mind.

I just find it a bit strange how much the knives are out in force for a lad that has only ridden 9 meetings in the UK, and came over mid season and was shoved in the number 2 berth from the off!

Extremely harsh. His two appearances at Foxhall were appalling though it has to be said, and he's going to have to master his home circuit.

But Christ let's give the lad a fair crack of the whip to do it!

No your key words were "at the half way stage last season as he was pretty woeful ".

Erik was never that.

Bear in mind he was world long track champion at that stage having been the youngest ever winner in 2014.

He was team championships runner up in 2015 - can't remember where he finished in the individual in 2015, possibly runner up.

He had barely ridden a speedway bike when he came over and it was a bit of a culture shock from long tracks to Armadale.

Anyway back to Ippo and Paco......

I think the lad' will be ok if persevered with.

Yes he never threatened the points scorers on Thursday but I said on the night that I expect him to do better away from home. I'm sure he was keeping it safe on his debut and he did look safe.

And Ippo will still finish top 6 this season.

Sarj will get used to having to sit still at the start and will eventually get among the points.

Top 3 will score well and Risager will do what Risager always does.

Ritchings did better than I expected but never looked that safe.

Think it should be reasonably close today at Scunny.

I did mention that paco could come into his own on some away tracks, let's hope tonight is one of those tracks. He has scored here before so that's going to help him. Can ipswich pull off a shock win this afternoon?

Hope to be following this on updates.

That's a n000 so far :neutral:

Clash of the Titans in Heat 9 - Holub v Covatti. Who will break their duck?

oh what a surprise Holub can only manage to beat Covatti... that help nicely with his average reduction! :o

Looks like Tungate has been teaching Castagna a few things! :o

oh what a surprise Holub can only manage to beat Covatti... that help nicely with his average reduction! :o

Looks like Tungate has been teaching Castagna a few things! :o

You sure about that ? :wink:

45 - 45 great result tbh. Good comeback and glad Paco got a couple of points,

that will help with his confidence. Sarj did well too.

Best wishes to Wilko.

Edited by Badge

If morten was there would have been an easy win. Get our track with some dirt on it and we will be okay

• Like 2

Scorps + 20

King & Covatti Ippo's only heat winners.

Oops that was as close as some of the prediction on Thursday

Draw well more than I expected think lewis woukd have taken that after last Thursday

If morten was there would have been an easy win. Get our track with some dirt on it and we will be okay

Agree Baldy only the 3 from Mortens rides so as expected we missed him today.

Lots of positives from this though. Our top 5 (with Morten in it) is potent we just need to get a few of the lads going.

As I said this morning Paco scored paid 8 here last year from his first ever visit so somethings not right with him and both King and Sargeant are looking under powered.

Sargeant looking better on Kings machinery in his last two so a few of the lads are obviously having a few machinery issues.

Every confidence they'll soon get that right though and we can use these LC meetings to get things sorted ready for the PL campaign.

Great to see Nico flying again and also Lewis Kerr settling back in very nicely after his crash last year.

Onwards and upwards.

Well done ipswitch obviously thursday was one of those freak results that occur now and then