British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches (lc) - Sunday, March 20th (3pm)

Agree Baldy only the 3 from Mortens rides so as expected we missed him today.

Lots of positives from this though. Our top 5 (with Morten in it) is potent we just need to get a few of the lads going.

As I said this morning Paco scored paid 8 here last year from his first ever visit so somethings not right with him and both King and Sargeant are looking under powered.

Sargeant looking better on Kings machinery in his last two so a few of the lads are obviously having a few machinery issues.

Every confidence they'll soon get that right though and we can use these LC meetings to get things sorted ready for the PL campaign.

Great to see Nico flying again and also Lewis Kerr settling back in very nicely after his crash last year.

Onwards and upwards.

I did say he would come into his own on certain tracks and he was winning heat 2 before engine failure. Let's hope we can get him going at foxhall. We only lost Thursday due to lack of dirt and a few problems with sarj Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Hopefully this will be noted by CL..a track with dirt and they go well, a slick track & they are poor....

Hopefully this will be noted by CL..a track with dirt and they go well, a slick track & they are poor....

If both tracks were the same shape and length your point would be valid

No your key words were "at the half way stage last season as he was pretty woeful ".

Erik was never that.

Bear in mind he was world long track champion at that stage having been the youngest ever winner in 2014.

He was team championships runner up in 2015 - can't remember where he finished in the individual in 2015, possibly runner up.

He had barely ridden a speedway bike when he came over and it was a bit of a culture shock from long tracks to Armadale

Why do Edinburgh supporters get so touchy about their riders! It was a fair comparison. Riss looked utter pony for a good while last year and many of your own supporters were calling for a change if I remember rightly!

Palovaara is another example of a rider who took even longer to convince but eventually he began to look half decent towards the end of his Glasgow stint. You've got to give a rider more than eight or nine meetings in this country before writing them off that's ridiculous.

On today, a few "what ifs" for Ippo, what if Risager was fit, what if Castagna hadn't packed up on the last bend of heat two etc but a good result and much more like the team I think they will be.

The key for Ippo will be keeping the top 4 fit as having a bit of a tail can work against you if you're missing a heatleader like it showed today with Risager missing.

Cracking meeting :approve:

After last nights debacle, some superb racing, a close match, a brilliant last heat decider................and all in less than 90 minutes.

Scunthorpe yet again showing how it should be done.

I am sure that the result wasn't quite that the VC wanted, but take a bow anyway Mr Godfrey.

• Like 6

Cracking meeting :approve:

After last nights debacle, some superb racing, a close match, a brilliant last heat decider................and all in less than 90 minutes.

Scunthorpe yet again showing how it should be done.

I am sure that the result wasn't quite that the VC wanted, but take a bow anyway Mr Godfrey.

Have to agree, a cracking meeting. My first visit to the EWR and not disappointed with the fayre served up. Will definitely return this season.

Well done ipswitch obviously thursday was one of those freak results that occur now and then

Happens quite often in opening meetings. Some riders can jump straight on a bike after a long winter and pick up right where they left off, others take a good few weeks to get back in to things which always leads to some dodgy looking early results.

Both King and Sargeant haven't got going yet for Coventry and both are suffering early machinery problems but I don't expect that to last too long.

Decent score from Sarj and seems like a much better effort from Paco so some pride restored.

Good result and unlucky not to pick up the win.

Not a classic EWR meeting, but still a very good one with some fantastic racing from both sides. Ipswich certainly deserved a draw, think Scunny perhaps got the rub of the green today.

Covatti was superb for Ipswich, a joy to watch riders attack the dirt.. and nice to see Lewis Kerr back on track and looking good.

For Scunny, Auty looked great in his first ride, then appeared to get hampered by team mates in his subsequent rides. Not a bad showing from the rest of the Scorps, all had their moments... Hopefully Davies and Wilko are ok after their mishaps.

What a excellent meeting for my first visit to Scunthorpe, shame the witches didn't get what their performance deserved with a win, but a draw is very welcome after Thursday night. I know it's all ifs and buts, but Paco breaking down on the last bend while winning heat 2 and on a 5-1 in heat 14 until Wilko crashed resulting in a 3-3 in the rerun. Hope Wilko is not too badly hurt.

Danny still looked down on power and Sarjeant's bikes are still a concern. Nico and Lewis were excellent, surprised Lewis didn't get the nod in heat 15. Paco deserved more than his 2 points and Darryl threw away a point when he shut off too early to let Bailey pass him on the line.

Chris Louis just needs to put some dirt on the witches track as today proved we have a team of racers if they have the material to work with.

• Like 2

Well if that's a sign of this to come bring it on I say quality racing by everyone on show. Heat 15 was brilliant

• Like 2

It's a great race track at scunthorpe isn't it bash. Just imagine how good it would look if there were higher grand stands there. Brilliant track though.

It's a great race track at scunthorpe isn't it bash. Just imagine how good it would look if there were higher grand stands there. Brilliant track though.

My only fault with the place is the sight lines. They're terrible