British Speedway Forum

Harris, the only rider to express an opinion to the fans present stated that the track was rideable and never described it as dangerous or unsafe.

The management did not blame the riders, have you even bothered to read the official statement?

Why come on here and make things up?

Deleted because I cannot be bothered to get involved in petty arguements when I know what I am talking about.............

RP

Edited by Red Panda

if speedway wasnt already dead in britain, its now certainly on a life support machine!!....

can you imagine the amount of media, who would of been in attendance tonight?

Don't they say "any publicity is good publicity"... well that statement will be well n truly put to the test after this latest fiasco.

Hopefully Speedway will be the winner.

Well. that didn't turn out to be the case - and the BBC Sport web-site has reported tonight's events already:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/speedway/35854581

(At least Jason Crump being inducted into the Australian Motor Sports Hall of Fame in Melbourne today saved him from a wasted trip over just to walk the track and do a few practise laps.)

• Like 1

Mate why the hell should there be problems. They've had no rain, who the hell has been playing with the track. It should be pretty hard all the way round, and able to take a tractor blade and a grader.

short fkg memory starman
  • Like 3

Good to see the BBC covering the sport!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ah, you must have got round to reading the official statement then.

Track not 'unsafe' and management blaming the weather, not the riders.

Pity you didn't read it before shyt stirring.

When did they say in the statement that the track was safe ? I think you need to read .

• Like 2

Harris said the track was rideable or did you miss that bit?

Others have said on twitter is was unsafe and dangerous.

I'm home and over my disappointment, I hope the abandonment doesn't have far reaching consequences for the BV promotion as the stadium will be great. Look forward to the rerun/Lynn meeting there .....

• Like 3

Maybe it was Bombers way of saying, "Look guys, I'd have ridden. So look elsewhere for the reasons why this meeting isn't taking place"

Hope they can put things right and the racing is top drawer then this will all be history. Shame for fans and everyone who spent there cash being there.

When will the DVD of last night's meeting be available???!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

It's absolute garbage to use the old "NL riders wouldn't have refused", the crux of the matter is the management ballsed it up. Either you build earlier or you start later, it's only mid-March, wait a week or so. The last people that need blaming is the riders, it's the chuckle brothers in charge.

They were told by numerous sources that it wouldn't be ready this week. Call the meeting off on Thursday or Friday ffs, would everyone have been pissed off? Yes. As much as last night? No.

From the parking when first arriving through to the rubbish show on track it was a complete screw up. At least they got everyone's money though eh? Coniving bastards.

Hopefully it puts BV on very shaky ground in future but I doubt it. Speedway Star will brush over it, fans will give it another go and everything will move on.

Pains me to say it but I'm upset it's the last speedway meeting I'll ever attend. This could've revolutionised speedway but it's still rubbish.

Edited by SavalasCloutingU21Champ