British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Pirates Vs Roobins, Ela, 25 Mar 2016, 12 Noon

Well I enjoyed that yesterday even with the one sided match that took place. Only Doyle, Grajczonek and to a lesser extent Wright who I thought was unlucky on a few occasions put up any resistance to Poole.

Why do they persist on using a different format to the PL though? There is no need for it anymore with the current draft riders in place.

Tungate and Morris should hang their heads in shame, Morris especially who was pathetic. Poole should breeze to another league title though, especially once Brady gets going.

Mark sadly priced himself out and Matt had no choice but to replace him. At the time it was a shame, but you are right...

Think you will find it was Norrie Allen not Mark asking for a kings ransom!

• Like 1

Think only the educated ones know that Rickardsson was more expensive than Loram it doesn't take a doctor bleeding spock to work that out does it

Mark sadly priced himself out and Matt had no choice but to replace him. At the time it was a shame, but you are right...

No Mark didnt price himself out. Norrie Allan asked for more money and Poole turned it down, then they signed Tony for more money than Mark wanted.

There is no way in hell Loram was more expensive than Rickardsson, only a fool would suggest he was. Reigning champ or not.

Rickardsson was the better league rider and worth more money. Loram cant of been that expensive as he ended up at Pboro that season did he not?

Swindon need to try and tempt shamek pawlicki in to replace one of the second strings, probably tungate. If he fits. Crying out for a second HL. The team will, imo, be figting with leicester for the bottom spot otherwise.

Can Kildemand not be tempted back?

Exactly. Poole paid Tony more then Mark wanted.

Think you will find it was Norrie Allen not Mark asking for a kings ransom!

Spot on!

Think only the educated ones know that Rickardsson was more expensive than Loram it doesn't take a doctor bleeding spock to work that out does it

I dont know much about Poole speedway but as i say i know the Loram family well and i know exactly what happened and Tony was paid more than what Norrie wanted Poole to pay Mark

I heard rumours about how much Tony was on and it was a hell of a lot!! (if they were true of course)

No Mark didnt price himself out. Norrie Allan asked for more money and Poole turned it down, then they signed Tony for more money than Mark wanted.

Exactly. Poole paid Tony more then Mark wanted.

Spot on!

I dont know much about Poole speedway but as i say i know the Loram family well and i know exactly what happened and Tony was paid more than what Norrie wanted Poole to pay Mark

You will also know then how upset Mark Loram was with Norrie that he didn't allow a deal to be done!!

Edited by Skidder1

This suggests that only Poole are capable of finding "hidden treasure" within the system (Pirates are naturally inclined to hidden treasure!) but the fact is that opportunities are the same for all teams - it takes hard work and good negotiating skills - but anyone can do it if they apply themselves.

The problem the sport has is that this 'theoretical level' number will be used all year for teams to 'strengthen up' even though a team can be miles in front of this number.

Ultimately meaning hardly any real strengthening takes place at all, as it's more 'tweaking with cosmetic changes' rather than "with this team we can win the league changes" that many teams often find they need to keep an increasingly disenchanted fanbase turning up weekly..

If Krzysztof Buczkowski was available on 6.48 and not one club approached him before Poole, then it's little wonder everyone will be blown away by the Pirates again this year. Another astute piece of team building from the red hot favorites...

Apparently he wasn't available to anyone else, he is a Rick Frost asset after all.

all our little group(front row seats between start and first bend)had a very enjoyable afternoon however it was tempered by all of us fearing a possible very boring home campaign,can certainly see" b" fixtures being skipped if the "a" match is as onesided as this,holidaymakers will of course turn up irrespective.cant ever remember poole having a good racestrip it just varies between ok and poor,yesterday the riders didnt seem to happy,holder saying in the post match interview that it was very difficult and he was glad to get out of the meeting in one piece,and anderson also saying he was just glad to stay in one piece.middlo and the clerk of the course on the centregreen after the match head to head for 10 mins with plenty of armwaving and finger pointing.swindon were very very poor but in some races the swindon riders just couldnt get round the track.lakeside next wow!!

You will also know then how upset Mark Loram was with Norrie that he didn't allow a deal to be done!!

yes Mark did want to stay at Poole I agree with you and yes he wasn't best pleased. But as I say Tony rode for more money than Mark was offered. Maybe Ford thought Tony was worth more than Mark and being truthful he was. Just don't like people lying that Mark was offered or wanted more than Rickardsson. Everyone has a value

Throughly enjoyed my days speedway action at Poole and Somerset yesterday- saw some good action( mainly at Somerset).

The highlight of the day has to be meeting Starman 2006 I`m sure I heard Matt telling him to keep the good work up on the BSF :lol:

I didn`t however meet Skidder 1 - or did i !!!! ??

yes Mark did want to stay at Poole I agree with you and yes he wasn't best pleased. But as I say Tony rode for more money than Mark was offered. Maybe Ford thought Tony was worth more than Mark and being truthful he was. Just don't like people lying that Mark was offered or wanted more than Rickardsson. Everyone has a value

In all fairness to Norrie, I think he was only doing his best from a managers point of view, Mark may not have what he as now if it wasn't for Norrie

My God, there are some sour gits on here...Poole won comfortably, that's a fact.

Poole built their team to the points limit within the rules, another fact.

Every promoter in the league had access to every available rider just like Poole, another fact.

A number of the other teams built their team poorly, yet another fact.

Matt Ford has pulled absolutely NO strokes so far, a big fat fact.

So for once us genuine Poole supporters have a lot (and every right) to celebrate. GO PIRATES!!! :t:

• Like 3

My God, there are some sour gits on here...Poole won comfortably, that's a fact.

Poole built their team to the points limit within the rules, another fact.

Every promoter in the league had access to every available rider just like Poole, another fact.

A number of the other teams built their team poorly, yet another fact.

Matt Ford has pulled absolutely NO strokes so far, a big fat fact.

So for once us genuine Poole supporters have a lot (and every right) to celebrate. GO PIRATES!!! :t:

i agree with 99% of what you write and nothing wrong with enjoying winning, however the gloating needs to be toned down a bit. The sport is on its knees and one team thrashing the others doesnt help the sport. The elite league looks like being the most boring it has ever been and the sport as a whole is suffering. The other teams look like a premier league side from about 5 years ago, not the standard of a so called elite league.

As i say Ipswich , my team, thrashed everyone in 1998. The racing on the most part was dull with 5-1 after 5-1 and i was one of many who simply didnt bother going to the meetings against much weaker sides when i knew i was going to watch processional racing. The sport itself suffers if one or even 2 teams are so much further ahead than the others.

Poole get decent crowds, i know that, but how many are going to bother going to watch Poole rack up 60 points against the majority of sides?

I pick and choose my meetings now due to cost and i wont bother watching Ipswich against say Redcar or Rye House , but when Glasgow are in town with that strong top 4 i will be there. Must be the same for Poole if Leicester or Lakeside are there the crowd wont be as big for when Belle Vue are in town

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

I think you may be getting paranoid. My impression is that virtuality nobody has said that the Poole team this year is not built within the rules.

It's not necessarily true that everyone had access to every available rider, they first have to get permission from whoever holds their contact and we don't know if that permission has been given to every promoter that asked. It may have been but we don't know.

A number of teams have built poorly but the obvious difficulty this year has been that the points limit was set too high because of a lack of quality riders willing to race here.

The main complaint and it is generally aimed at the BSPA, not Poole, is that the grading of the draft riders should have been based on their EL averages with an assessed average for the few riders who did not have an EL average. It is plain to see that basing them on PL averages was nonsensical and has given Poole an advantage. I have seen numerous posts from Poole fans claiming that Newman was the best or second best draft rider last year and most fans of other clubs would agree with that. Placing him sixth on the list has given Poole an unfair advantage because it gave them a chance to make a better second pick. That was not Poole's fault but it has created an uneven playing field.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 4