British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Somerset Vs Rye House 25/03/16 League Cup

Best solution is scrap the TR rule completely from all competitions asap.

No argument from me.

Best solution is for Rye House team manager to clarify the rules before the meeting.

All the best

Rob

Best solution is for Rye House team manager to clarify the rules before the meeting.

All the best

Rob

So should every rule be clarified? Rye House have done what the rulebook says - the only reasons it's "not clear" is because Scunthorpe haven't.

No argument from me.

Or me
  • Like 1

All the best

Rob

What a ridiculous statement that is. Rye House seem to be the ones who have followed the rules so far.

• Like 3

So should every rule be clarified? Rye House have done what the rulebook says - the only reasons it's "not clear" is because Scunthorpe haven't.

I agree the rule is poorly written (or should be included in 18.2.3 rather than 18.2.4), but it's been clarified. Scunny ended up using it, but likewise Sheffield could have done, had they been 10 or more points behind.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

I agree the rule is poorly written (or should be included in 18.2.3 rather than 18.2.4), but it's been clarified. Scunny ended up using it, but likewise Sheffield could have done, had they been 10 or more points behind.

All the best

Rob

Not been clarified at all it's been ignored.

Rule 18.13 A TACTICAL RIDE (TR) ride (NB. Not applicable in any PL two-legged aggregate tie).

League cup group matches are not two legged ties,hence Scunthorpe were right to use the TR on Sunday..

Rule 18.13 A TACTICAL RIDE (TR) ride (NB. Not applicable in any PL two-legged aggregate tie).

League cup group matches are not two legged ties,hence Scunthorpe were right to use the TR on Sunday..

18.2 Premier League Cup

18.2.4 The heat format for the meetings are as per Art 18.9.1 The TR facility is not applicable.

Whatever the ruling... us fans deserve clarification. As a Scunny fan, it wouldn't bother me one iota if they amended our score, not like it would makes any difference to the result. Scrapping TRs altogether may be the way forward.

To be told one week that its not available, then the following week told it is.... whats that all about?

Hope the SCB or BSPA make some announcement before too long.

As a side, has anyone seen the rule book yet?.. has it gone to print?... Or are we are going by the online version ..if so is that still in draft form? I only ask because a week or so ago I was told it hadn't gone to print.

Whatever the ruling... us fans deserve clarification. As a Scunny fan, it wouldn't bother me one iota if they amended our score, not like it would makes any difference to the result. Scrapping TRs altogether may be the way forward.

To be told one week that its not available, then the following week told it is.... whats that all about?

Hope the SCB or BSPA make some announcement before too long.

As a side, has anyone seen the rule book yet?.. has it gone to print?... Or are we are going by the online version ..if so is that still in draft form? I only ask because a week or so ago I was told it hadn't gone to print.

The online 2016 version has been available for a week or two from the SCB website under downloads

Here are extracts from the online rule book relating to the PLC which clearly conflict.

18.2.4 The Heat Format for the meetings are as per Art. 18.9.1 The TR Facility is not applicable.

18.13 A TACTICAL RIDE (TR) ride (NB. Not applicable in any PL two-legged aggregate tie). - (The rest of the rule sets out eligibility and helmet colour)

The bold type is used by the SCB to show additions/changes to previous versions. It looks to me that when the amendment was made to 18.2.4 was made they forgot to change the wording of 18.13 which should logically read (NB. Not applicable in any PL two-legged aggregate tie or PLC meeting). Nothing in section 18.2 differentiates between PLC group matches and play-off ties.

It looks like there's a clear need for a supplementary regulation to adjust one of these. Based on what happened at the EWR clearly it's 18.2.4 that needs amending - then what happens to the Somerset result? If not then the Scunthorpe result is wrong.

What a mess!

Edited by rmc

Why would the wording 'The TR Facility is not applicable' be moved from Article 18.2.3, which relates to the Semi-Final and Final only, in 2015 to Article 18.2.4, which relates to the whole competition, in 2016 unless the intention was not to make the TR Facility unavailable throughout the Premier League Cup this season?

• Like 1