British Speedway Forum

Tomorrow (Monday) will be a rinse and repeat,

My favourite track for spinning that is.

Great way to start a day :t:

(Let the youngsters tell the oldies what that means). :wink:

agree about buzz he has the exact same average as danny king, yet king is classed as a heat leader....yes thats right ,,,but doesnt sound right does it!

one member one vote ...yes you would think but is it?............

wouldnt it be nice to have clarification, and it would also be good if us fans got to see what promoter voted for what rules etc....

and also what promoter drafted rules and who voted or backed him up

then we would see which promoters stick together and work things out amongst themselves before any agm , then obviosly vote and get a majority therefore completely knackering up some of the other clubs hopes of team building,

it does seem odd that the rules always tend to suit clubs down south...

but i doubt us fans will ever get clarity after all its the bspa....

Maybe they could have their AGM in the Big Brother house, then we could watch it! :D

https://twitter.com/SkySpeedway

the plot thickens...

Well obviously they can't call meetings off!! But they can change their mind about covering them. I'm sure KL wouldn't want to ride on a Monday unless it's cos sky are there.

I reckon because of the overnight rain Buster wouldn't be able to get on track following the bangers yesterday and then maybe he also wouldn't be able to do what he wanted during the day because of SKY setting up for tonight ... possibly?

If the reasons are as simple as not wanting to race on a Monday after Sky pulled out or, not being able to get on track today then why haven't Kings Lynn just said so?

Isn't this the new Chairman of the BSPA with a self professed desire for openness and transparency.

• Like 2

If the reasons are as simple as not wanting to race on a Monday after Sky pulled out or, not being able to get on track today then why haven't Kings Lynn just said so?

Isn't this the new Chairman of the BSPA with a self professed desire for openness and transparency.

Think it's quite obvious Kings Lynn don't want to race on a Mondays,dont think they ever have only when its been on Sky.

agree about buzz he has the exact same average as danny king, yet king is classed as a heat leader....yes thats right ,,,but doesnt sound right does it!

one member one vote ...yes you would think but is it?............

wouldnt it be nice to have clarification, and it would also be good if us fans got to see what promoter voted for what rules etc....

and also what promoter drafted rules and who voted or backed him up

then we would see which promoters stick together and work things out amongst themselves before any agm , then obviosly vote and get a majority therefore completely knackering up some of the other clubs hopes of team building,

it does seem odd that the rules always tend to suit clubs down south...

but i doubt us fans will ever get clarity after all its the bspa....

I would imagine that a fair amount of 'horse trading' goes on prior to the AGM and maybe even during so Promoters get what they wanted from any rule changes..

Nothing wrong with that as quite normal in most areas of business to try and gain that competitive edge..

I would also imagine that Poole in particular would be in a quite advantageous position when negotiating, as their investment in riders over the past ten years or so has provided them with an envious asset base.

With many teams, it has to be noted, only too happy to dip into their asset base, rather than have taken the financial risk themselves and buying these riders when they had the same opportunity..

Poole do have an advantage however it is, (in the main), because of shrewd investment, risk taking and having a clear business plan for success both on and off the track..

All done by someone with a clear vision of what he wants from running a professional sporting club and enough business savvy to seemingly quite often get what he wants from the AGM each year..

I hope the Aces can soon be in some of these 'advantageous positions' in both the near future and longer down the line...

Edited by mikebv

https://twitter.com/SkySpeedway

the plot thickens...

As the tweets suggest, Sky have not called any meetings off, nor have they said they won't broadcast due to the weather.

It is implying the CLUBS are telling them 48 hours in advance not to broadcast as the weather MIGHT be poor. I suspect this is because there is a penalty clause in the contract if Sky set up and a meeting is postponed?

• Like 1

imo, its more to do with having the strongest team on paper year on year, if every team was as strong the league would not be the laughing stock it is, matches would be closer which in turn makes it more exciting for fans , which would result in more fans going , more exposure , more sponsorship , more media exposure, having one team winning all the time is doing damage to the sport , wspecially when it looks like the other teams are ther just to make up the numbers,

the rules on team strengths point averages etc were originally brought in to stop a team monopolising the league , so that all teams started equal , well that has failed when a team looks head and shoulders above all other teams before a wheel has been turned.....

we the fans should demand how the rules are orchestrated , which promoter drafted which rules , and which promoters backed who , who voted for what and why! tranparency but we wont get it cuz the cat will probably be out the bag then .....

over the years they have invented some ridiculous rules , that thou at the time of implementing them they say there brilliant ideas that edison would

of been proud of yet after one season those rules are then disgarded and some new ones dreampt up , year on year this is happening......

• Like 1

Sky may not be telling clubs to postpone a meeting early but I bet they are putting the pressure on the BSPA and therefore the clubs to cancel meetings. As BWitcher suggest perhaps there is a fine.

All that Sky have done in this instance is to be the first to announce the postponement. The clubs/BSPA should once again have got their PR/Communications sorted out - at least to have a prior arrangement with any media for the news to be announced at the same time.

All that Sky have done in this instance is to be the first to announce the postponement. The clubs/BSPA should once again have got their PR/Communications sorted out - at least to have a prior arrangement with any media for the news to be announced at the same time.

Not quite all Sky have done to be fair. The fixture was changed from Thursday to Wednesday to suit Sky who then had it changed again to Monday. That may or may not have entailed extra work and/or costs for either or both clubs but it's not exactly professional on Sky's part, they must know their schedules.

As for PR etc, I believe Neil Watson posted on Facebook that Sky announced it earlier than the clubs expected so I assume there was a plan as to when to announce it and Sky jumped the gun.

In case anyone is interested in the weather, some rain overnight but no puddles this am and it's been light rain off and on since 0800.

Edited by Star Lady

We seem to have a situation now where third parties are announcing a staging promoters event is cancelled. This should ONLY be done by the staging promoter in the first instance.

Anyone doing otherwise shows scant regard for these promoters business.

We seem to have a situation now where third parties are announcing a staging promoters event is cancelled. This should ONLY be done by the staging promoter in the first instance.

Anyone doing otherwise shows scant regard for these promoters business.

But in these days of technology it only takes a couple of clicks and it's done - if Sky have why on earth hadn't Kings Lynn? If it was the club's call they knew first didn't they?

why were they made to move it from there regular race night to a monday, i can remember a few times that poole were on sky on wednesdays , so why make them move it ....