British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Lakeside V Poole Ela. 8/04/16

If Rob Mear struggles (yet again) then surely Ben Morley is a better punt for future home meetings?

With all due respect to a bloke who has always given us 100%, constant 0's is basically making us a 6 man team from the outset.

I truly hope that Rob hits some form and improves; but he currently looks so off the pace, it's extremely worrying.

Nice to wake up to a forecast of a dry day and no worries about making the rotten Friday afternoon trip around the M25.

If Rob Mear struggles (yet again) then surely Ben Morley is a better punt for future home meetings?

With all due respect to a bloke who has always given us 100%, constant 0's is basically making us a 6 man team from the outset.

I truly hope that Rob hits some form and improves; but he currently looks so off the pace, it's extremely worrying.

I would imagine that might only be another one or two poor meetings away from happening.

Kennet has been in great form at Rye,why are they not using him??? Surely he could replace Bridger ?

Edited by waco

Kennet has been in great form at Rye,why are they not using him??? Surely he could replace Bridger ?

Because he has five early season fixture clashes with his PL club which would mean missing Lakeside meetings if he wasn't doubling up with Richard Lawson. Jon Cook said they were going to get those out of the way first then review the situation depending on form so Ed might yet have a full team place instead of Lewis.

Very difficult decision because Lewis on his 2014 form is a match winner, but he needs to get the Jawa going properly. His actual riding looks good to me but as others have said the bike doesn't seem to be delivering power in the way that it should.

• Like 1

I agree with that assessment of the riders except Hans is usually a lot better than merely ok, in fact I would be delighted to see him as second heatleader for the Hammers.

Despite Davey's form, it must be a good few years since he scored less than 7 at Lakeside, and the track suits his style perfectly. It is undoubtedly his best track apart from Poole. I woukd normally expect Hans and Daveyto score about 19/20 between them if Hans has 5 rides and Davey has 4.

It is an interesting balance. Poole are widely predicted to finish top and the match is a must win for them if they are to establish an early advantage over Belle Vue and the rest. If they fall short of a win it will give some encouragement to the likes of BV. Lakeside are widely predicted to finish bottom two, but if they can see the Pirates off, or at least keep,it close I doubt that any of the others will beat them at home, and they will then have decent prospects of moving up the table. So there is everything to play for.

Very difficult one to call because both sides have riders with question marks over their form just now but in paper I would say it's Pooles to lose.

What, higher than topping it, you mean? :t:

On current form, anyone could.

Adam shows his keeness to master small tracks by signing for Eastbourne today!! :-)

• Like 1

Adam shows his keeness to master small tracks by signing for Eastbourne today!! :-)

Surely he should be looking to ride in the PL rather than the NL??

Severe delays on Kent side of the tunnel anti clockwise due to accident (two lanes closed) you have been warned.

Isn't that a step backwards for him. Easy wins for him in NL league as more of a development league. Wouldn't PL have been better for him.

Severe delays on Kent side of the tunnel anti clockwise due to accident (two lanes closed) you have been warned.

BBC Radio Essex reports queues back to junction 4 (Orpington)

I have moved 20 metres in45 minutes. I can see the bridge but its complete car park. Just non moving traffic the whole way. Got two hours to go less than 4 miles but I am begining to think I wont make it. Riders could also be caught. Left hand tunnel is closed.

Edit. Just moved 5 metres.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I have moved 20 metres in45 minutes. I can see the bridge but its complete car park. Just non moving traffic the whole way. Got two hours to go less than 4 miles but I am begining to think I wont make it. Riders could also be caught. Left hand tunnel is closed.

Edit. Just moved 5 metres.

Middlo's caught in it going by his tweet. I think he said 5 miles in 1h10m

I bet Davey Watt will have a face like a smacked @rse by the time he gets to Lakeside.

Then again, why break the habit of a lifetime! ;)

• Like 4