British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Matt Ford - No Sympathy

Draft riders didn't get an EL average so how could they use EL averages? That was decided at the start so it wasn't done to benefit Poole.

Using assets is fair enough. Encourages clubs to sign.

If riders using assets get a high pick in the second stage then that, maybe, is one that would benefit clubs who use their own assets, but what's to stop all other clubs doing it?

Its not difficult to find out there actual EL average most club websites had draft riders rolling EL average listed.

Coventry winning the EL play-offs at Poole in 2010 is probably a good place to start. That night Poole turned the hot water off in the showers, refused to give Coventry any champagne and didn't use the fireworks. So obviously Matt was a little upset.But I doubt it was just about losing that night. It goes back a little more than that though.

Too many things go Pooles way. And I don't know if thats because Matt Ford has incriminating evidence of wrong doing by others or if the other are all just too thick to realise they're being conned by him.

Thank you for that detailed response (I wasn't going to quote it all above as that would be pointless), it's appreciated as, at that time I wasn't particularly focussed on the going's on of the EL. My conclusion would be that things appear to be biased in Poole's favour.

One thing I don't get, Coventry and Peterborough walked out but Poole are now sponsored by Readypower. How does that fit with the previous animosity?

One thing I don't get, Coventry and Peterborough walked out but Poole are now sponsored by Readypower. How does that fit with the previous animosity?

Yeah, very odd. No idea why/how.

If Ford can turn Frost it does make you think he's capable of turning most to back him! But how?!

If Ford can turn Frost it does make you think he's capable of turning most to back him! But how?!

Magical powers?! He obviously a very good business man.

Well this thread was overdue. We normally get one of these threads every so often but its been a while this time.

The same old crap spouted by the usual suspects bringing up exactly the same old crap every time. Matt Ford...,booo hisss.

Dear oh dear. Some on here moaning about Poole's winning mentality. Ridiculous moan. Its a sport. Others moaning the Poole are too strong.. What's Ford going to do? Purposely build a weak team so that someone else can win?

Does anyone actually believe Trump and Sandhu were good for the sport, seriously? Trump got exactly what he deserved, a ban, and Sandhu is just counting the clock so he can close down a club to build houses.

Many may not like Matt Ford but he runs the most successful club in the country, has many sponsors and does his job very well.

Someone earlier in the thread said he was born with a silver spoon and it all came to him. No. He was a Wella hair rep and ran a fancy dress shop. He had to beg the bank for a loan to buy half the club and Mervyn let him buy it bit by bit from what I remember. I think the poster than started going on about the nasty tories and it got boring. He is probably outside Downing Street right now with a plakard shouting Cameron out.

As it is Pooles dominance will not be challenged until another promoter really steps up to the plate to challenge, rather than just thinking of survival. I hope this season we are challenged hard. And you can be sure that Poole 2017 will also be a great looking side.

Frost realised Trump wasnt all he pretended to be. In thenend Trump got rightly booted out and lost his licence. He tok his club beyond the brink.

• Like 2

Its not difficult to find out there actual EL average most club websites had draft riders rolling EL average listed.

So?

They never got official averages and that was made clear from the start. So it's obvious they can't use EL averages. Because they don't have one.

Maybe you are not aware but i resigned from promoting 3 seasons ago. At that time kings lynn had finished in the play offs in it's first two seasons of elite league racing, and prior to that we had won 9 Major Premier League competitions in the previous 5 year's.

Therefore, may i ask what i have my self to blame for and what rod i have made for my own back?

Begs the question why you packed up then. Surely you do not change a winning formula. If its not broke, you don't fix it. May i ask you why you gave up promoting ?. Because it seems the majority do not have the desire ambition nor interest to put together a side capable of wiinning a league and competing with us, Every club has the same opportunities in the Winter to sign riders, everybody starts at nought. You know Matt, he chucks his net far and wide, thats his job, and he does it very well thats why the clubs very successful. But it doesn't just stop there the whole club has that winning ethic, we don't want to finish second, nobody remembers runners up. Yes sponsorship plays a big part in Speedway, Matt works very hard retain and attract new sponsors, and everybody wants to be associated with a winning club/ team, again thats up to other clubs to do the same.

Although you have to give BV there due they pushed us last season, and to be honest, we would love to see other sides be competitive and do the same, but thats there look out, not Poole speedways.

........SCB............At the same time, Ford text Kildemand and told him Coventry had dropped him (technically true, but only for a few seconds) and asking if he wanted to sign for Poole so Kildemand agreed to sign for Poole thinking he'd been dropped. Ford rather than re-declaring the second Coventry re-declarion redeclared the Poole team with Kildemand in.

Great detailed post as usual SCB and I'm obviously not going to quote the whole lot but I'm interested in this bit because I thought Kildemand didn't even know Poole had signed him but you say he agreed. :unsure:

......Starman2006........ But it doesn't just stop there the whole club has that winning ethic, we don't want to finish second, nobody remembers runners up.

Oh yes they do. Even I can remember who were runners up in 2010.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Great detailed post as usual SCB and I'm obviously not going to quote the whole lot but I'm interested in this bit because I thought Kildemand didn't even know Poole had signed him but you say he agreed. :unsure:

Oh yes they do. Even I can remember who were runners up in 2010.

Me too as I enjoyed watching it again today

Begs the question why you packed up then. Surely you do not change a winning formula. If its not broke, you don't fix it. May i ask you why you gave up promoting ?. Because it seems the majority do not have the desire ambition nor interest to put together a side capable of wiinning a league and competing with us, Every club has the same opportunities in the Winter to sign riders, everybody starts at nought. You know Matt, he chucks his net far and wide, thats his job, and he does it very well thats why the clubs very successful. But it doesn't just stop there the whole club has that winning ethic, we don't want to finish second, nobody remembers runners up. Yes sponsorship plays a big part in Speedway, Matt works very hard retain and attract new sponsors, and everybody wants to be associated with a winning club/ team, again thats up to other clubs to do the same.

Although you have to give BV there due they pushed us last season, and to be honest, we would love to see other sides be competitive and do the same, but thats there look out, not Poole speedways.

So you answer a question with a question and then go on to tell me how Poole speedway is the epicentre of the universe. I think once again you have proved you have nothing to offer to ANY discussion on this forum.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 7

So you answer a question with a question and then go on to tell me how Poole speedway is the epicentre of the universe. I think once again you have proved you have noting to offer to ANY discussion on this forum.

Proves one thing he's a clown

• Like 1

The same old crap in defence of Ford from the blue tinted ones. To paraphrase: if only all promoters were like Ford and cared sod all for the sport then we would have a lovely level playing field. SCB has done a fine job of detailing the manipulations of the Poole promotion. There has not been a single rebuttal or argument to deny the fact that consistent regulation changes have favoured Poole. You can't blame Sandhu for turning his back on the sport. Let's face it, the days of Elite speedway are numbered and the countdown was started some time ago on the south coast.

• Like 3

Maybe he`s just good at what he does, look after Poole Speedway.

So?

They never got official averages and that was made clear from the start. So it's obvious they can't use EL averages. Because they don't have one.

So lets use averages from another league? Makes complete sense! Edited by woz01
  • Like 2