British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

World Under 21 Championship 2016 - "live On Eurosport From Final Series 2"

Why Lambert ? he wasn't good enough tonight.

How many wild cards can a person get?

Why bother making him enter and then get changed and even have to ride a few races.

Just give a pass to the finals.

Lambert to my knowldge has been given one wildcard, to the GP semi finals. Given that he missed qualifying by a point in the hardest quart final, and that after he lost 3 points to an engine failure while miles clear, as well as the fact that he is just 18, surely meant it as a well deserved wild card.

As for this time: he was 1 place outside the qualifying spots, in arguably the roughest qualifier, was carrying an injury, and the meeting was halted at a point when he was yet to have a heat of the inside gate - had the meeting gone the full duration i'm confident hw would have finished top four. Add to that the fact that he is clearly one of half a dozen riders good enough to finish top 3, its surely a no brainer to give him one of the wildcards. It would be harsh if he missed out due to the fact that two other brits had qualified as ,with all due respect to Ellis and Bates, they are older and clearly a chunk back in terms of ability at this stage of their careers.

Seems all the hype we had on Lambert a couple of years ago is evaporating at a speed of knots.

Now and again I hear stories about how wonderful he is and how he is the next Loram. Stories of coming from the back at Leicester a few weeks ago to grab a point for his club. Some Kings Lynn fans on here were stating he would be their number one by the end of this season.

Then it comes to tonight and hes out of the u21, in a field he should have come through.

Will he get a wildcard? Does he deserve one? I hope the lad developes into a useful rider and can challenge to represent teamGB regularly, but I have yet to see anything to tell me he will good enough to become a top rider.

There were other casualties as well. Kurtz and Predpelski. Both should have made it through. No good blaming the rain.

the hype is rapidly disappearing? He's 18, he had plenty of time still on his side to live up to the hype.What exactly do you expect him to have achieved by now?

HE's already established himself as a heat leader in the EL, made a good showing in the world cup last year. I think any KL fans saying he would end the seasona s their number 1 did it before Puk came back - certainly not beyond the realms of possiblity that he could sinish ahead of Batch, Schlein or Mads in the averages (though tbh i cant recall seeing KL fans stating he would do this).

Plenty of Poole fans going on about Ellis this season (and he has been impressive), but in meetings riding as a HL I believe Lambert averages roughly double what Ellis does (this is NOT a dig at Ellis).

You cant blame the rain, but when a meeting goes to only 12 heats, its going to be somewhat of a lottery who qualifies, and i think that is evidenced by the calibre of rider going out. On merit, the wildcard surely should go to Lambert, a Pole and Kurtz (probably in that order).

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 4

Lambert to my knowldge has been given one wildcard, to the GP semi finals. Given that he missed qualifying by a point in the hardest quart final, and that after he lost 3 points to an engine failure while miles clear, as well as the fact that he is just 18, surely meant it as a well deserved wild card.

As for this time: he was 1 place outside the qualifying spots, in arguably the roughest qualifier, was carrying an injury, and the meeting was halted at a point when he was yet to have a heat of the inside gate - had the meeting gone the full duration i'm confident hw would have finished top four. Add to that the fact that he is clearly one of half a dozen riders good enough to finish top 3, its surely a no brainer to give him one of the wildcards. It would be harsh if he missed out due to the fact that two other brits had qualified as ,with all due respect to Ellis and Bates, they are older and clearly a chunk back in terms of ability at this stage of their careers.

the hype is rapidly disappearing? He's 18, he had plenty of time still on his side to live up to the hype.What exactly do you expect him to have achieved by now?

HE's already established himself as a heat leader in the EL, made a good showing in the world cup last year. I think any KL fans saying he would end the seasona s their number 1 did it before Puk came back - certainly not beyond the realms of possiblity that he could sinish ahead of Batch, Schlein or Mads in the averages (though tbh i cant recall seeing KL fans stating he would do this).

Plenty of Poole fans going on about Ellis this season (and he has been impressive), but in meetings riding as a HL I believe Lambert averages roughly double what Ellis does (this is NOT a dig at Ellis).

You cant blame the rain, but when a meeting goes to only 12 heats, its going to be somewhat of a lottery who qualifies, and i think that is evidenced by the calibre of rider going out. On merit, the wildcard surely should go to Lambert, a Pole and Kurtz (probably in that order).

I'm sorry, but I disagree with your assessment of who should get a wildcard. The event is meant to be a 'World' Championship and for speedway as a sport to diversify it is too 'comfortable' to give wild cards to another Brit, another Pole and another Australian when all three countries have multiple representations in the actual event already.

I know that I am biased, as my wife and her side of the family are Finnish, but Nike Lunna should be at least considered. He beat both Lambert and Kurtz last night, finished with the same total as Lambert and one more than Kurtz with arguably his easiest ride to come.

It would also give the sport in Finland a much bigger shot in the arm than any further representation from Australia, Britain or Poland would give in those countries.

I'm totally bias too and would give it to Robert, he deserves it ... the semi should've been rerun, was a lottery!

No surprises sadly - the bigger federations wield more influence and get what they want. I can understand why each of three wild cards were given places, but cannot understand why Pawel Przedpelski is the first reserve, when he was nowhere near the cut-off for qualification at Belle Vue.

No surprises sadly - the bigger federations wield more influence and get what they want. I can understand why each of three wild cards were given places, but cannot understand why Pawel Przedpelski is the first reserve, when he was nowhere near the cut-off for qualification at Belle Vue.

He's gone massively backwards this season

He's a Monster rider, rides for Team Monster in SBPC. Ohh and U21 Worlds and SBPC are both promoted by One Sport.

Been about 15 years that we've had a rider "in the series". Kylmäkorpi was in the finals around 2000 and 2001 as a Finn.

He's a Monster rider, rides for Team Monster in SBPC. Ohh and U21 Worlds and SBPC are both promoted by One Sport.

Been about 15 years that we've had a rider "in the series". Kylmäkorpi was in the finals around 2000 and 2001 as a Finn.

Thanks for pointing out the connection - I'd have had far less complaints if someone like Brady Kurtz had been given the first reserve place; Pawel Przedpelski was placed 10th at Belle Vue with 4pts. Even if the meeting had been run to conclusion, it would have been nearly impossible for him to have finished in the top four.

Thanks for pointing out the connection - I'd have had far less complaints if someone like Brady Kurtz had been given the first reserve place; Pawel Przedpelski was placed 10th at Belle Vue with 4pts. Even if the meeting had been run to conclusion, it would have been nearly impossible for him to have finished in the top four.

Still, the wild cards for the series (and I assume) the substitute list were both? approved by the new U21 series commission. Which most likely consisted of a 1Sport member and 1-2 FIM members, most likely Castagna and the sporting director. Isn't that Gombeaud by the way, former CCP secretary? So it's not necessarily "that ugly".

Myself I have not followed Przepelski that much (other than confirmed the pronouncing of him at a Warsaw restaurant :lol::lol::rofl: ). Did ask a friend abouth him though and he said that the expectations towards him are just too high after having a killer of a season in 2015. He's still as good but it's just not enough. There might be some truth in that.

+ 1 Wild Card per event, nominated by the organising Federation. Will Max Clegg get the nomination for the Kings Lynn round. Max was the other GB nominated to complete in the qualifiers so must stand a chance to get the nod.