British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole 27/4/16 7.30pm (skysports)

Shovvy do you want custard with that Humble pie ?

Eh?

Wednesday's weather (Kings Lynn)

Looking at the models and charts, I expect the day to be mainly dry, with the odd wintry shower, which could fall as rain, sleet or soft hail and there is the risk of thunder in any heavier showers. The evening will be similar, although the frequency of the showers may increase, I personally think they will be along the coastline, and Lynn should end up missing most of the evenings showers. Temps will be around 10c but will drop significantly during any heavy showers, but will recover in any sunny breaks.. Temps in the evening will be around 6c to 8c

With busters availability of plant and nouse, you should be ok...😃 in my opinion ....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Me angry ?

You're more bonkers than I thought..

Twenty/thirty years ago winning the top league in British Speedway meant something, today it means diddly-squat..

Give me a good competitive meeting and an entertaining night out and I'm happy..

Enjoy your winning but I really don't think most people care that much anymore.

Now isnt that the truth....

Surely cannot be another Professional Sport in the UK where winning the National Title means so little?

With the ultimate irony being that so many try and manipulate situations to win it, but by their very actions then render any victory completely worthless....

Who really cares who wins such contrived nonsense?

Not the thousands and thousands who no longer attend this annual farce obviously......

• Like 1

So the MC are using an EL average for this situation but didnt use the EL averages when setting up the reserves tiers in the first place?

For that they used the PL averages didnt they and ignored the EL one if applicable?

But it doesnt matter anyway now as the reserves can now become heat leaders and anyone can now be a reserve....?

Is that correct? Have I sussed it?

They used Howarths EL average

Poole did nothing wrong, as Steve said. But yes, we all know your love to jump all over Poole given the chance, like you did last night when you didn't know what was being talked about, then conveniently buggered off to the Tai thread.. Not bad for somebody who Alledgedly supports a PL team but spends 90 % of the time on the Poole threads. Never known somebody so obsessed.

You keep going on about how Gavan is obsessed with you but you're more obsessed with him...do you fancy him more than you do Matt Ford? :rofl:

(Sorry Gavan , couldn't resist it! :lol: )

I would liked to have come up for this but its just to risky to make such a long journey with the weather unsettled as it is.

At least if it does go ahead I can watch it on tv. The track got the best possible watering yesterday with the rain and that always helps produce good racing. Lets hope we dont get one of those very heavy showers I experienced yesterday in Gloucestershire.

One thing is guarenteed if it goes ahead. It will be the best meeting so far this season on Sky. It can't be as bad as the first meeting we saw. I think we are in for a thriller.

They used Howarths EL average

I think that is because he might be left handed......

And also it was, possibly, a Thursday afternoon that the decision on his average was made so that would have effected the final outcome....

The third Thursday of the Month obviously....

A Month that had an 'R' in it of course....

But didnt end in a 'Y' as per Regulation 3.123 ©

Imagine the problems that would have been caused if the decision had been made on the Second Thursday in February?

With a full moon due that night as well?

Doesnt bear thinking about......

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

The track got the best possible watering yesterday with the rain and that always helps produce good racing.

I admire your optimism but there was very little in the way of rain/hail/snow here yesterday. The sun has been shining since 6 this morning and as I look out of the window there is not a cloud in the glorious blue sky and there is a very very strong breeze blowing and it's ruddy chilly.

I predict a crowd of about 400 and a gate and go kind of meeting.

I predict a crowd of about 400 and a gate and go kind of meeting.

Do you get any other type of meeting at Lynn these days, it's been gate and go for years.

• Like 1

The good thing is that they've made up a new rule to redress a ridiculous situation which they need to keep using. The bad thing is they've added a rule to a rule added to the original rule which all contradict themselves and other rules.

The rule book itself is a ridiculous situation which very few people fully understand (including Matt Ford apparently) and it needs ripping up and starting again.

How ever many years have supporters been saying that.

Now isnt that the truth....

Surely cannot be another Professional Sport in the UK where winning the National Title means so little?

With the ultimate irony being that so many try and manipulate situations to win it, but by their very actions then render any victory completely worthless....

Who really cares who wins such contrived nonsense?

Not the thousands and thousands who no longer attend this annual farce obviously......

Most of the EL just try to get through a season without losing too much money, I think everyone knows Poole will win the title but you make a good point about the thousands who no longer attend to watch the annual farce.

I can remember a friend saying this at the sports AGM a decade ago that allowing any club to dominate the league wasn't good for the sport in general and would kill interest, it would appear he was right.

You keep going on about how Gavan is obsessed with you but you're more obsessed with him...do you fancy him more than you do Matt Ford? :rofl:

(Sorry Gavan , couldn't resist it! :lol: )

I often post on the Poole threads as quite frankly they are the most entertaining and i guess i do jump on his posts but its only because the man is quite clearly lacking in the brain department and frankly my 10 year old can debate better and actually manages to write things in English as well.

The funniest thing is that he is in so much of his own bubble that he cant actually see that he is the poster that is ridiculed the most by everyone, he just tends to think its one or two obsessed with him.

He annoys the hell out of his own fans as well but as always never quite grasps the situation.

Still it does give some comedy value

The rule book itself is a ridiculous situation which very few people fully understand (including Matt Ford apparently) and it needs ripping up and starting again.

How ever many years have supporters been saying that.

Most of the EL just try to get through a season without losing too much money, I think everyone knows Poole will win the title but you make a good point about the thousands who no longer attend to watch the annual farce.

I can remember a friend saying this at the sports AGM a decade ago that allowing any club to dominate the league wasn't good for the sport in general and would kill interest, it would appear he was right.

How dare you say Matt Ford doesnt understand the rule book!!

Shovlar and the paperboy will be here soon to have you shot!

Bates replaces Robson due to averages - oh deah the MC stands up to Poole! shock horror. They cant do that :lol: everyone say Poole can do what they want! ​

• Like 2

Bates replaces Robson due to averages - oh deah the MC stands up to Poole! shock horror. They cant do that :lol: everyone say Poole can do what they want! ​

Poole try and do what they want only this time they have been (quite rightly) stopped. Happens every year they try to pull the odd stroke

You seriously think Bates is better than Newman? Good god.

Thats all I have to say on that.

As for Robson, they have just added an adjustment to the rule AFTER Poole booked him. So Poole did nothing wrong. However, I do see the reason why this was done and agree with it.

Read my post. I said Bates will be a better rider than Newman if he isnt already. For what its worth i think Newman is just ahead of him for now but i would say Bates wont take long to improve past a rider who has stalled at Premier level and is happy sweeping up as a fast track rider.

I dont think it weakens you to much tonight.