British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue Colts V Mildenhall 6 May 2016

I am so glad that Belle Vue is up and running and I look forward to the NSS proving the old adage "Great things are worth waiting for".

I can't wait to get there, for either league.

It's sad that someone tried to poison the well - no, tragic....for them, not Belle Vue.

I was wondering how to respond to that pathetic, patronising and ignorant post but you have done it for me.

Absolutely spot on, couldn't agree more :approve:

You're very kind and comments like these mean so much when they come from such a respected poster.

Despite appearances I actually hate having to tackle people like that - I've always had a real problem with injustice. Now all I have to do is face my old Rye House friends and explain how I had to stick up for the Fen Tigers - I'm already in enough trouble for announcing there.

It's just so sad that someone who has made a significant contribution to speedway journalism in the past, far, far more significant than mine, can be trying so hard to damage the sport now. I do hope I don't end up like that in my dotage, which I think is due next week. Anyway, it should be all about Belle Vue here now so I'll shut up.

I can't believe that Belle Vue have a proper track again after all these years! Party time!

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

Dan Bewley take a bow

One of the best performances I've ever seen.

Also fairnplay jobs Armstrong. Still life in the old dog. Heat 13 being the highlight. Superb riding skills from Jonathan.

Very impressed with mountin.

The track is awesome. It's going good to be the best track in the world. Absolutely brilliant shape and very very very fast

• Like 3

Superb performance from Dan Bewley on his home track debut.

Track held up well and produced some good racing.

Hope the weather holds for another week so we can get meeting 2and 3 on.

After Bewley had finished his scheduled four rides and had a maximum, I thought that was it, but no, out twice more, for a reserve replacement and Heat 15. The most impressive home début I have ever seen.

• Like 2

18 point maximum in his 2nd NL meeting on what is basically a neutral track. The lad has clearly got something going for him!

He may be new to speedway but he knows how to ride a motorcycle definitely one for the future.He can actually get round Armadale! Impressive.

Great advert for national league speedway and far better than some of the matches I saw at the dog track in the so-called elite league.The track looked great and rode very fast and what a talent young Dan Bewley is.Credit to Mildenhall for taking the fixture and providing some excellent speedway.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the first meeting at the NSS. As one who saw PC's first meeting for Rochdale Hornets, all I can say is that Dan Bewley's Colts debut was every bit as impressive. Such control and such speed for one so young. Mildenhall were good value too, contributing to an excellent evening's entertainment. It will be interesting to see how the Aces and Robins handle the track one Wednesday. Can't see the Robins being put off by the track, it really is awesome.

Yes it looks like the sort of top grade fixture that befits a so-called National Speedway Stadium. :icon_smile_clown:

For once, the Penge village idiot actually got something right...by accident

It WAS indeed a top grade fixture befitting such a stadium. Congratulations to all involved with the stadium and to all 14 competing riders. Great stuff.

• Like 1

A most enjoyable meeting with a good crowd. The stadium is fantastic with excellent viewing right up close to the action, and the banked ultra fast track produced some good racing with passing both inside and out wide.

Dan Bewley was very impressive particularly so considering his very limited experience.

Plenty of riders to look out for (well 7) current form says the danger men will be Connor Mountain & the evergreen Jon Armstrong although Alfie Bowtell is certainly one that may also catch the eye.

Good post. Connor Mountain was excellent, & unlucky when his chain went in heat 15. Alfie Bowtell solid & Jon Armstrong was great to watch, especially as the dirt went wider later on.

Hope (& suspect) that the Colts hierarchy are keeping young Dan Bewley's feet on the ground, praise raining down tonight & deservedly so after an 18 point max. First time I've seen him race live, exciting prospect, seemingly effortless but quick too. Look forward to watching him improve further over the coming months & years.

Really enjoyable night, my first taste of NL racing in ages, will definitely be back for more. :approve:

• Like 1

I saw Dan Bewley ride for the Colts at Cradley and knew he was pretty good. He really only looked like being beaten once, when Connor Mountain trapped on him in the first run of heat 12. Otherwise he was fast from the starts and very fast out in front.

The rest of the Colts were a mixed bag but there was enough there to suggest that they will be entertaining enough for the rest of the season.

For the Fen Tigers, Mountain and Jon Armstrong were as consistent as ever, with Armstrong (who I am reliably informed has ridden at all three Belle Vue tracks) pulling off a brilliant ride in heat 13.

The star of the show, though, was the stadium because its magnificent. What's even better is the size, shape and banking of the track lead me to be believe that Armstrong's superb ride will be the first of many excellent races there and it will be a most fitting place to hold meetings of the highest calibre.

Can't wait to see the Aces on it.

• Like 3

Great reviews of last nights racing and even better reviews of the track and stadium.

Anyone care to list the final match score?

Thanks - just managed to get to the site and see the result.

My broadband speed at the best of times is 1.5mb/s, there is a fault at the moent and best I can get is .8 mb/s, thats point eight

Sometimes i dont get through to a site, the fault leaves me with no broadband then it kicks back in.

Living in a countrified area has its pluses but times like this is very frustrating