British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolves Ela 4/5/16

Little Quote from Jacob Thorsell on Twitter

"Shame we lost yesterday at Poole.We kept up with them really good but lost it in the end.Track was really bad and dangerous.."

Was the track that bad or was it just slicker than a stripper's bikini line.

"Shame we lost yesterday at Poole.We kept up with them really good but lost it in the end.Track was really bad and dangerous.."

Everyone knows the Poole track is a disgrace, but never mind. When they relayed it a few seasons ago they did it in a week, it shows :rofl:

not having a pop at you by the way phillipsr

Everyone knows the Poole track is a disgrace, but never mind. When they relayed it a few seasons ago they did it in a week, it shows :rofl:

Get ALL your facts right before you have a pop. :icon_smile_clown: Tipical clueless forum warrior

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

The track looked far better than some of the tracks I have seen at Poole.

There was plenty of dirt and some good racing.

Andersen's pass of Lindgren and Masters was excellent as was his ride in Heat 15.

Thorsell himself managed a good ride to pass Wright in Heat 4 so not too sure what he had to complain about.

I think the problem some riders have is that if there is a bit of dirt down they can't handle it as they are used to riding on super slick tracks with their engines tuned as highly as possible.

Wolfie

Andersen's pass of Lindgren and Masters was excellent as was his ride in Heat 15.

Thorsell himself managed a good ride to pass Wright in Heat 4 so not too sure what he had to complain about.

I think the problem some riders have is that if there is a bit of dirt down they can't handle it as they are used to riding on super slick tracks with their engines tuned as highly as possible.

Wolfie

Its not a case of the riders can't handle it, the bikes are not set up for it nowadays.

On tonights performance Auty isnt good enough for EL. You moan for me making a point out of a part of your post! I suppose you never do that! By the way we were also well short of your estimate of 11-13 points from Auty and Wright although in fairness certainly not Wrights fault.

As for Auty being a PL number one he must be the worst number one in the league and i would back Ellis to beat him anywhere

Scores don't tell the full story.

Auty wasn't that far behind in each of his rides and battled well.

Wolfie

Wolfie

So people moan that Poole is too slick, so they put some dirt down and they still moan? Unbelievable!
  • Like 1

Lots of dirt on the track last night. A far far better meeting than the Lakeside V BV show. Shame Sky dont head to Wimborne Road more often. The racing was very good last night with Hans, Buck and Thorsell having some very good battles.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/afm0KTFtTUVQZVdxTm1RR2J8MWpNS2dEd3BFcWpHTACr1TFK9WPg23kR0d9JPoUnvvEDqxoIh_nkmhkVPb83

Showing the new look 4th bend.

It's as rough as hell when bikes have both wheels leaving the floor it needs sorting out

• Like 1

Its not a case of the riders can't handle it, the bikes are not set up for it nowadays.

matt has just announced starman will be made available in the pits to advise away teams on their set ups and track conditions :lol:

• Like 1

matt has just announced starman will be made available in the pits to advise away teams on their set ups and track conditions :lol:

Nothing to do with bike set ups mate, its the way the bikes are nowadays,. The make up will not take dirt. Thats why Antonio's track record will never be broken. Nothing to do with the actual track, its the bikes.

Edited by Starman2006

There's no excuse for having "sink holes" or "moto-x" jumps anywhere on an Elite League track....

Very true. Tracks need to be bladed first before every meeting, then you can do what you like with them, provided you have sufficient dirt on the track..

Edited by Starman2006

You cant say who is better over one meeting.Decide at the end of the season when the averages are sorted and you all can debate then who is the better rider.

No i agree with that but his EL aqverage suggests at the moment Ellis is riding better .

It's as rough as hell when bikes have both wheels leaving the floor it needs sorting out

Lakeside looked very bumpy on the telly and that track is usually not bumpy.

Even your own Captain has said the track is rubbish..