British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Berwick Bandits Vs Newcastle Diamonds Pl 7.5.16 7.00pm

Courtney's inept management has ruined our start to the season, this is not the first decision which has raised question marks for me.

The early season optimism has completely gone.

An awful meeting, no racing and a defeat just to top it off.

Jorgensen needs to pull his finger out he's been poor all season and if he doesn't start turning up its time to get rid of him.

Bager looked worse than Mellgren at least Mellgren could gate, Bager just missed the start and hugged the white line.

It's time for Courtney to walk if he thinks Henning Bager is the answer.

As long as it's in the best interests of the sport,that's the most important thing

Hopefully our new management team won't do their usual ostrich impersonation until it's to late. Has anyone seen Crescent Girl gone very quiet last 48Hrs.

I'm pleased to see all the diamonds fans on here thanking Glasgow and their riders - barker, Richie and Victor (hopefully a nice loan fee) and not to forget henning who also helped, in a different sort of way :shock:

Until we have riders who can do something in Hts 13&15 we are always going to struggle to win meetings , poor nights entertainment

• Like 1

Tough second half to watch as the Bandits utterly collapsed :(

• Like 1

Even though you knew that collapse would inevitably occur, that was so hard to watch. People tonight saying the good feeling is ebbing away. They're right.. 10 up and we lose by 8 at home.. Should not be taken lightly. People will not tolerate that much longer.

I'm going tomorrow as I'm a mug but expect a walloping!

I know we are strong in the last three heats, but three 5-1s away from home takes some doing. Something in the tea at the interval, or George with the hair drier, whatever, it worked.

I'm pleased to see all the diamonds fans on here thanking Glasgow and their riders - barker, Richie and Victor (hopefully a nice loan fee) and not to forget henning who also helped, in a different sort of way :shock:

Great win for the Diamonds but t don't think this was due to guests. Richie always does a good job for us and Ben rode well after a slow start. Big thanks to both but Robert and Kus fly around Berwick, reasonable assumption to think we would have won anyway, possibly without a TR. Big mention to Stevie who is in top, top form and to our reserves who did well tonight.

Just returned from Berwick got to agree awful meeting just one pass in fifteen races and that was due to piper making a mistake. That's the rant over, bloody brilliant performance lads coming back from ten down to win. Big thank you to Ben Barker and Richie great performance lads fully committed.

• Like 3

Berwick remember where you are coming from. You were up against a Newcastle glasgow select. You will be in the play offs no doubt.

Too many weak links I'm afraid. Against a team who are strong at 1, 3 and 5 and when Lindgren came on strong at the end of the meeting you are going to get found out. The strength in depth argument falls down when you concede a 5-1 in heat 2 and your number 4 only scores a point. Only silver lining was Seb seemed very fast in his opening three rides and we need him firing.

There's always next week.

• Like 3

Too many weak links I'm afraid. Against a team who are strong at 1, 3 and 5 and when Lindgren came on strong at the end of the meeting you are going to get found out. The strength in depth argument falls down when you concede a 5-1 in heat 2 and your number 4 only scores a point. Only silver lining was Seb seemed very fast in his opening three rides and we need him firing.

There's always next week.

Better hope we are at least 12-14 up by the time heat 13 comes round considering they have heat leaders that are good at our place!