British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Poole Pirates, Mon 9th May 2016 @ 19:30

Massive away win is all I can see. Only thing stopping it could be Bjarne returning to Leicester and thinking he's a Lion again so giving about 4% effort. Hopefully Wozniak has a meeting like he did against Swindon and Ulamek becomes a new man

Well I'll have to follow this on updates from the land of BWitcher next week.

If the Pirates are in the right mindset, then a narrow away win is a distinct possibility.

Weather forecast for Monday - Leicester..

Difficult forecast, lots of convective activity from today through to at least Wednesday next week with a weak plume advecting warm, moist unstable air from the continent and up into the UK..

It looks like the south west will be the first area to go nuts, maybe as early as overnight tonight with elevated thunderstorms hopping over the channel and triggering home grown storms, these will gradually move north into Saturday (central England, west Midlands, possibly east Anglia) as we move into Sunday. Some heavy rain, will accompany thunderstorms, but, and its quite a large but, not everywhere will see them..

Monday should be mostly dry, warm and humid, maxing out around 22c/24c. Again isolated thunderstorms are likely to break out during late morning and again heavy rain where these storms do break out. These Monday storms will be fewer and further between than Sat/Sun and will clear the Midlands in the early afternoon, so there should be NO issues weatherwise, once we get past 1pm/2pm Monday.

Monday evening should be dry, warm but a little less humid, temps around 18c to 20c.

I will update this forecast on Sunday afternoon..

C'mon the Lions, we can beat these pesky Pirates!!!!

Going up for this. 4th time lucky? Hopefully Ellis will be back. Bjarne might have a point to prove.

Dont worry there'll be plenty of room . nobody from Leicester will have any money left after a weekend of drunken stupidity .

• Like 2

I am going to stick my neck out and go for 43-47. Someone have the guillotine ready 10 pm Monday!

Don't want to worry anyone but Holder only scored 3 points in both matches at Leicester last season. Pooles best riders on both occasions were Magic, Newman and Starke!!!!

Don't want to worry anyone but Holder only scored 3 points in both matches at Leicester last season. Pooles best riders on both occasions were Magic, Newman and Starke!!!!

This will be another opportunity for them to reduce their averages, then Matt will get in another heat leader.

Edited by A ORLOV

That bodes well then! :D

Wozniak on fire tonight in Poland. Great meeting to watch as well.

Sorry to take this slightly off the topic, but do any of the Pirate fans know why Adam Ellis is not in the British Semi Finals.

Strange since he has a high average in the E.L.

Not picked for a place.

Anderson was a class act at Leicester guesting for other teams, if he has an off night I feel a lions win.

That was last season, he will be better now. Magic was terrific there last season but they don't have Doyle. Steve Worrall is a good guest and should score the same as Newman and although Starke rode well there Ellis is a better rider if fit. Hans is going well so expect a big score from him and Bjarne rode there so an away win definately on the cards. Edited by foreverblue

That was last season, he will be better now. Magic was terrific there last season but they don't have Doyle. Steve Worrall is a good guest and should score the same as Newman and although Starke rode well there Ellis is a better rider if fit. Hans is going well so expect a big score from him and Bjarne rode there so an away win definately on the cards.

Probably risking the wrath od upsetting Poole fans but i think i would much rather put money on Worrall scoring a fair bit more than Newman at Leicester this year especially with the strength the Lions have lower end and Stevie has a fair of pair of gating gloves on at the moment could easily score big double figures again