British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Craig Cook Signs For Peterboro' In Prem League (double Downer)

Its easy money for EL heat leafers. Or should be. They should average over ten.

I believe that any EL heat leader should be nowhere near the PL.

However now the MC have given their clear reason it shows that the reason was clash of racenight and nothing more than that. A lot on here should be apologising the the MC for thier wayward remarks.

As I said listen to what riders say not what any fan thinks or believes.

Adam Ellis is riding NL and he's a EL heat leader, but i dont hear you complaining about that!

Adam Ellis is riding NL and he's a EL heat leader, but i dont hear you complaining about that!

Excellent point, money obviously much harder to earn in the lowest league.

Came onto this threading thinking just how stupid it is for Cook to be riding in the PL, considering he is an EL heat leader. In no way should he be dropping down.

Now reading a few pages in, common sense has been used by the MC to block the move. It has upset the Peterborough promotion but tough. An EL heat leader should be nowhere near a PL team berth. Easy pickings and to make easy money. That's all this was.

Cook hasnt yet been picked to ride for his Polish club. They would never give him a berth if they see is after easy money.

BSPA MC are bang on the money with stopping the move IMO.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO.

Danny King ? EL Heat leader.

• Like 1

We don't need to listen to what they say...

Did Simon Stead and Olly Allen score more pts in the EL or PL?

We don't need to listen to what they say...

Did Simon Stead and Olly Allen score more pts in the EL or PL?

Which EL and /or PL team did you ride for then as you obviously know more than Allen and Stead

• Like 1

Danny King ? EL Heat leader.

Josh Grajczonek is an EL Heat leader too.

I commented earlier that it was stupid that Cook's move to Peterborough had been blocked - I didn't realise that both BV and Peterborough race on a Friday night! So it isn't as stupid as I initially thought and I was wrong!

• Like 4

Excellent point, money obviously much harder to earn in the lowest league.

Spoke to Adam about this exact point on Wednesday. The NL is Good for testing setups and new gear. Not bothered about PL as has more than enough racing with Poole, Eastbourne plus continental bookings.

Spoke to Adam about this exact point on Wednesday. The NL is Good for testing setups and new gear. Not bothered about PL as has more than enough racing with Poole, Eastbourne plus continental bookings.

So he is stopping a youngster from progressing into NL to do some testing.

The fact you and the BSPA think that's acceptable just about sums up the sport in this country

• Like 1

Which EL and /or PL team did you ride for then as you obviously know more than Allen and Stead

What a ridiculous comment.

It is harder to score pts as an Elite League heat leader than as a Premier League.

It doesn't matter what Oliver Allen or Simon Stead have to say about it.

Both of them found it far, far easier to score pts in the Premier League than the Elite League.

The only caveat to that would be riding as a second string in the current Elite League format... but that doesn't last for long if you score well.

So he is stopping a youngster from progressing into NL to do some testing.

The fact you and the BSPA think that's acceptable just about sums up the sport in this country

The fact that he's replacing one of two injured riders for Eastbourne, and today Mildenhall are appealing for riders as they've also ben hit by injuries. Where are all these youngsters that he's allegedly blocking ?

• Like 1

Releasing two ineffective Danes for two British Riders is not in the best interest of British Speedway :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve if you think it's easy money in the PL I suggest you take a listen to the Home Straight podcast and hear what Olly Allen and Simon Stead said.

I daresay what the 2 riders say would be irrelevant to any Poole fans as the riders aren't Poole assets.

Also the 2nd division has never mattered to them not even when they were perennial midtable contenders.

Regarding CC111 if he did ride for Peterborough I could foresee a situation on a Sunday where his Polish team want him to ride so he misses a Peterborough match ttherfore getting a 28 day ban.

Edited by Triple.H.

I daresay what the 2 riders say would be irrelevant to any Poole fans as the riders aren't Poole assets.

Also the 2nd division has never mattered to them not even when they were perennial midtable contenders.

Regarding CC111 if he did ride for Peterborough I could foresee a situation on a Sunday where his Polish team want him to ride so he misses a Peterborough match ttherfore getting a 28 day ban.

I think the fact that Cook was willing to sign for Peterborough would suggest he was giving up on Poland for the time being, he is/was recalling his equipment from Poland to.

• Like 1

Came onto this threading thinking just how stupid it is for Cook to be riding in the PL, considering he is an EL heat leader. In no way should he be dropping down.

Now reading a few pages in, common sense has been used by the MC to block the move. It has upset the Peterborough promotion but tough. An EL heat leader should be nowhere near a PL team berth. Easy pickings and to make easy money. That's all this was.

Cook hasnt yet been picked to ride for his Polish club. They would never give him a berth if they see is after easy money.

BSPA MC are bang on the money with stopping the move IMO.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO.

You talk some absolute garbage at times.

Adam Ellis is a heat leader yet you seem to think thats fine for him to go even lower than the premier league and ride national league!! Come on give your reason why thats ok but Cook isnt??? A British rider wants more track time surely thats good for Team GB isnt it??

Adam Ellis shouldnt be allowed to ride National League its disgraceful that a rider of his ability takes a place from a young English lad.

You want Josh G not to ride premier league?? You want Danny King not to ride premier league?? Do you even think before you post??

Do you know the reason Cook's move was blocked?? I believe you dont.

He isnt allowed to double up because the race nights clash. If it was another club it would have been fine as quite rightly it should.

Lets hope Ellis is barred , as he should be, from National League and that if Kyle Newman is a heat leader then he is stopped from riding for Plymouth!

What a strange post