British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 11 May, 2016.

Think Rohan can push on now i think away he really can make a difference mega quick when in front.At home is where he needs to improve he will I believe.I think i was one of a few that was not bothered when Rohan replaced Dakota i personally rate him higher.I think Tungate/Wright/Sedgy are the riders that could make/break Swindons season the worry for me is Poole will make another change at some stage.?

Morris is the key to our team for me. We are always going to have a decent reserve down there and Josh G is steady eddy in the middle of the pack doing his job every week. If Morris can score 8/9/10 every week as back up to Doyley then we will be alright. Its a big IF though! He definitely has it in him to do it but can he maintain the consistency? After the first few meetings i'm genuiely shocked how the last 4 meetings have gone. Didn't see it coming at all. Long way to go though but the league is very unpredictable due to these stupid FTR average rules.

• Like 2

Why all this nonsense about the importance of reserves? There have been many examples of this over the years. Remember the Rio rocket at Poole a few years ago? He scored mega points at reserve, as many others have.

It's not always one can say they enjoyed getting beat at home, last night for me was one of those occasions, Swindon riders were obviously more happier with their bike set ups and it showed on the track. Some good races, even the some FTG races were good to watch with riders trying different lines.

Heat 9 for us B V fans was the best race as young J J held on for a 5-1 with R W against the 2 Robins snapping at his back wheel, JJ certainly brought the house down in that race.

I have no doubt that after a couple more home meeting the Aces will get their set ups right, their gateing boots on and hopefully start making the NSS a fortress.

A big well done to the Robins on 4 well deserved points, if JD had of been there I recon we would of been on the end of a 56-34 tonking.

• Like 1

First off. Well done swindon. Better team on the night. I don't buy all this neutral track rubbish. We have practiced and done more laps than the swindon boys. Swindon were just the better team on the night.

Yes there was some boring races but we're some very decent races and close races. It's only the end match on track. What do people expect. The track needs 5/6 meetings to bed in before we will start building up the dirt. All though I did think a watering would have helped. Not once did the water truck make an appearance.

Colin meredith is on holiday so Tony swales did track. Maybe that was something to do with it. As he ain't as good as colin. Colin will be back soon thank God.

Regarding the ticket office fiasco, belle vue have been advertising printing your tickets at home all week to try and make it easier for the ticket office. Unfortunately probably over a thousand people decided to buy tickets on the day. I got mine through printing of at home so I just got straight in. No ques. That is Deffo the way to do it.

Tungate was on fire. Looked real good. Albeit at reserve. All though he was beating our 1-5 also.

What are the pits like and is there good viewing for the fans to look at whats going on?

Might be wrong but don`t think theres any viewing area of the pits. I did look down over the grandstand wall you may catch a glimpse of a rider but that's all. Not much passing last night but Bombers pass on Nicholls was superb I bet he had a grin on his face when he went back to the pits.and then he bet him again which must have made his day Bomber would have had more but for Zagar taking him high upto the fence. Wasn`t impressed with Zagar his tactics seems to be to wait till the last bend before having a go. Once your in the grandstand you can`t roam around your pretty much there in the grandstand in your seat or in the food toilet area at the back. there were big queues at the toilets at half time. despite the racing starting late at 7-50 and a ten minute break we were on the road home all done and dusted at 9-50 so not a bad turn around. Swindon deserved there win, on last nights performance the ACES are going to lose a few at home. didn`t see a single person from another track apart from Wayne Scroggins, from what I saw the crowd were nearly all Aces fans...At a full capacity meeting I don't think there will be enough turnstiles. entry was slow with having to hand your ticket to security and then they were looking inside ladys handbags so not surprised it was a delayed start. Otherwise a superb facility and lets hope the Aces can keep it going..

Morris is the key to our team for me. We are always going to have a decent reserve down there and Josh G is steady eddy in the middle of the pack doing his job every week. If Morris can score 8/9/10 every week as back up to Doyley then we will be alright. Its a big IF though! He definitely has it in him to do it but can he maintain the consistency? After the first few meetings i'm genuiely shocked how the last 4 meetings have gone. Didn't see it coming at all. Long way to go though but the league is very unpredictable due to these stupid FTR average rules.

Hope you are right Coombdog"if Nick can get his 10s at home which he is well capable of because at his best he can get beat anyone at the Abbey.Then get his 6s plus away we could be in business fair play to Rosco was very confident in this team his faith never wavered.The next week is huge with Troy just coming back the double over the Stars is well gettable.Then the next week my big hope is that we get a 1800/2000 crowd against the best Poole and can get a another home win be great if the club got a bumper crowd for that one.

Best stadium, best track (will be), best viewing - up close to the action, best facilities - quite simply the now best speedway venue in this

country.

Everyone involved in bring this venture to fruition deserves huge credit.

Surprised the crowd wasn't bigger given the significance of the occasion and it could have done with some 'razzmatazz'.

Being 'trapped' in whatever section your in is not great, but I guess you can't move around at footballstadia either, so what the heck.

Minor niggles considering the overall impressiveness of this venue.

• Like 1

It looks unbalanced, seeing Tungate getting 15 at reserve, but is it that influential on the win?

While Tungate is scoring big down there, Wrighty is struggling for points in the top 5.

Excluding the nominated heat (which is an extra heat and he would probably stlll have been in it), Tungate scored 13. Wright scored just 2. That's 15.

On the form he was on Tungate would probably have scored at least 9 in the top 5 from his programmed rides, and Wright could have probably scored more than 6 at reserve to make more than 15 points.

It's unbalanced the sides, but I'm not sure it had a major influence on the final result. In fact we might have won by more with Wright at reserve.

• Like 1

I think with the 1 - 6 that we have that the point grachan is making is correct, the main advantage will be that if one of the 1 - 5 has an off night or touches the tapes the good number 6 can replace them for a ride.

I can see out number 6 changing all season.

It's interesting when you look at the three big reserve totals lately Wright 15, Worrall 17 (in a 39 total )Tungate 15.I still think you need the second tier reserve to chip in which Stefan did to guarantee a win away from home.

Perhaps I was expecting too much after looking forward to this meeting. It was very disappointing indeed.

I arrived at about 615 and found that you could purchase a specific seat in the grandstand, rather than just a seat. This meant that people were taking 5 minutes to do so which might not seem a long time but when there are a 1,000 or more doing so..........it didn't surprise me the start was delayed.

I wanted to stand on the first bend and was given a ticket for the south terrace. I was then assured I could go on the first bend, only to be told by security staff that I could not. I was then told that I could gain access to the first bend from the south terrace, which you can if you are prepared to walk on the track. First night maybe, but that's a shambles.

I hadn't been impressed with the presentation on Friday but last night it was worse. The announcer constantly made mistakes, while the presenter is a graduate with honours from the Mike 'I am the star of the show' Bennett academy. As I said on Friday, bring back Natalie Quirk & Ken Wrench.

Of course none of that would have mattered much if the racing had been good and after Jon Armstrong's fantastic ride on Friday I was certain we would get a lot more. We didn't.

It was a gaters paradise in which if you jumped from the start and sat on the kerb you would win. Any passing that there was came from riders drifting wide and it was painful to watch the likes of Zagar, Cook & Nielsen hammering round the outside only to lose yards. I don't know who prepared that track, but I'd be surprised if it was Colin Meredith and one fan on the mic even wanted to go back to Kirky Lane. I'd go as far as to say that the track played a substantial part in Belle Vue losing.

The way I saw it, and for anything but the first time, British Speedway had a superb opportunity to promote itself and blew it.

Plainly, there are teething problems with the ticket office. On the website they have been promoting the facility to order and print your tickets at home, so perhaps they were expecting more people to used that . Whatever they thought they now know it didn't work and will be looking at other options like not allowing people to choose specific seats on the night. Having said that, I have been to countless meetings over the years where the start time has been delayed because of queues at the turnstiles, so not something unusual. The riders were out on parade before 7.45, not a massive delay but hopefully, something that can now be avoided with the experience gained last night.

You shouldn't have been misinformed about access to the first bend terrace and not being able to move from one stand to another although that is a health and safety issue, not anything they can do anything about at the moment. Staff have been trained but no doubt will become more familiar with the various restrictions on movement as problems are highlighted.

I agree that the racing was not as good as I hoped either but there was passing and some close tussles. The excellent viewing and sheer speed all add to the excitement. How much Colin Meredith's absence affected things is difficult to say. The size and shape are good and I don't think any proper judgement can be made until the track has settled properly and Colin has had a chance to build up the dirt. As Jon Armstrong proved,it is already possible to prepare the track so that an outside line develops so I am sure we shall see that again soon.

Like with all Centre Green presenters I think it is a matter of opinion. I usually find them irritating or I can't hear them, so tend to just shut them out. I do realise though that it is part of the entertainment for some. It was good to hear Ken Wrench announce the first heat, a real gentleman and a true professional. However, I think we need to give his replacement time before making judgements. He made a few mistakes but most of us have when doing something new.

Finally, I thought the presentation was OK, pure speedway as it was at Hyde Road in the 70's. Riders coming out on their bikes for the presentation lap, not wearing helmets, no starting line girls, just get on with the racing and the EL meeting all done within 2 hours from first to last race. We even had a burst of the Hyde Road meeting start music, was it Entrance of the Gladiators. All we need now is Tokyo Melody. :lol:

• Like 3

Taking into consideration the damage done by the opening meeting , I thought it was a good crowd. Certainly a good basis to work from and improve further

Without doubt the opening two meetings have given an insight into how good this track is going to be for racing entertainment.

Nobody can deny that it is the best Speedway stadium in the country.

Can't wait for Friday's Colts meeting

We even had a burst of the Hyde Road meeting start music, was it Entrance of the Gladiators. All we need now is Tokyo Melody. :lol:

And a funfair, zoo and amusement park!

Taking into consideration the damage done by the opening meeting , I thought it was a good crowd. Certainly a good basis to work from and improve further

Without doubt the opening two meetings have given an insight into how good this track is going to be for racing entertainment.

Nobody can deny that it is the best Speedway stadium in the country.

Can't wait for Friday's Colts meeting

That 1st line is absolutely important and considering this is effectively opening night 1500-2000 people is extremely disappointing.

Worse built stadiums have had better opening night figures than that.

Over the next few weeks will tell if that's the opening night numbers and the rest of the season drops below that, that will surely become a concern to the promotion in making the stadium pay quite quickly??

What if Belle Vue continually lose at home? As you know, modern day Speedway fans ain't as committed as years gone by.

That 1st line is absolutely important and considering this is effectively opening night 1500-2000 people is extremely disappointing.

Worse built stadiums have had better opening night figures than that.

Over the next few weeks will tell if that's the opening night numbers and the rest of the season drops below that, that will surely become a concern to the promotion in making the stadium pay quite quickly??

What if Belle Vue continually lose at home? As you know, modern day Speedway fans ain't as committed as years gone by.

There's a lot who are .....

They must put every effort into the track and racing. Good racing is the future!

What is all this about not being able to access the whole stadium, don't like that at all, especially for league meetings ......

• Like 2