British Speedway Forum
robert72

David Hemsley Has Resigned As Promoter Of Leicester Speedway

A big difference, it can take over two hours to get to Eastbourne. Doubt Leicester takes that long!

Edit - If you said Swindon, I think most of the hardcore Poole fans would go there, even if it was just to annoy Rosco! ;):D

Lol, serves Gavan right for making fun of someone's spelling! :D

On a map Coventry and leicester are only 25 miles apart . in reality they are worlds and decades apart

First things first, Coventry to Liecester is a bit nearer than Poole to Eastie. The track at Liecester maybe as you put it crap, but who's fault is that, hmm ?

I still say Coventry would be better going there in the short term and have speedway than have none at all, and if the promotion are serious about saving the club this will give them a bit of time to find the club a new home. If they are interested.....

Those in charge at Coventry don't exactly have a great history in saving clubs.

• Like 1

A big difference, it can take over two hours to get to Eastbourne. Doubt Leicester takes that long! 😉

Edit - If you said Swindon, I think most of the hardcore Poole fans would go there, even if it was just to annoy Rosco! ;):D

Lol, serves Gavan right for making fun of someone's spelling! :D

Poole to Swindon is 100 miles as well! Fact remains, track sharing would be a killer unless it's at NL level a la Cradley to keep costs at an absolute minimum.

Those in charge at Coventry don't exactly have a great history in saving clubs.

When did they last try? Peterborough in 2014?

They foolishly tried to run a team at all three levels that year and got in a mess, but effectively they did save Peterborough. If they hadn't stepped in the club would never have started the 2014 season and they wouldn't be running now.

Edited by CB252

to be fair if managed / organised properly (a big if where anything Speedway is concerned) could be potential for a team in each league next season at Leicester.

Coventry move over for a year or two for Elite League

Leicester drop down to Premier League

Coventry and Leicester run a National League team combined.

would be a good way to bring on riders, some National League riders can double up into the Premier League team and some Premier League riders can double up into the Elite League team

• Like 1

to be fair if managed / organised properly (a big if where anything Speedway is concerned) could be potential for a team in each league next season at Leicester.

would be a good way to bring on riders, some National League riders can double up into the Premier League team and some Premier League riders can double up into the Elite League team

I don't think the premier league want Leicester back and the elite league only want Leicester to make the needed number to run for sky.

I have a feeling DH has been too vocal and the bully boys have took away his ball now,so unless someone buys him out he may just rent the track next season to the bees and Leicester won't run.

Worrying times at Leicester and Coventry

Erm this is my post. I spelt it correctly thanks.

I spelt it correctly!!! I was taking the mickey out of Starmans spelling!

I spelt it correctly Lisa , have a look at the post

Wasn't sure about the 'i and c'. Tbh though I often use my phone when posting (prefer the mobile version of the site!) and all I have to type I'd 'lei...'and it brings up Leicester! :D

Poole to Swindon is 100 miles as well! Fact remains, track sharing would be a killer unless it's at NL level a la Cradley to keep costs at an absolute minimum.

When did they last try? Peterborough in 2014?

They foolishly tried to run a team at all three levels that year and got in a mess, but effectively they did save Peterborough. If they hadn't stepped in the club would never have started the 2014 season and they wouldn't be running now.

Didn't exactly set the world alight at Mildenhall!!!

On a map Coventry and leicester are only 25 miles apart . in reality they are worlds and decades apart

30 minutes stadium to stadium. I agree with the second part of your post! It was the same when the Leicester team (Hunters & Lions) rode at Blackbird Road. Even the hot dogs & onions were better at Brandon although its taken me about 50 years to admit it!

If she takes over officially , thats the end of Leicester speedway

Will the BSPA let her? If they are as peed off with David Hemsley as some are saying, they won't want his wife and nominated successor to be the replacement. I don't know if she has a promoters license anyway?

Much more likely that BsPA would want Neil Machin to be the senior promoter,but would he want to? So then it's a question of Dave Darcy being acceptable/wanting to.

I think DH has bowled a bouncer at the BSPA by making this move and nominating his Mrs to replace him. And despite their shortcomings, even the BSPA should recognise it for what it is.

The only bit that would work is Leicester dropping back to the Premier League. Coventry riding at Leicester would be a disaster, as would running a team in the National League. Sadly not enough fans are interested in watching NL racing and if they can't be bothered to 'go down the road' to Brandon they certainly wouldn't travel to Leicester.

One thing guaranteed to 'finish Coventry' would be a move to Leicester.

Do you think Poole would survive if they had to ride at Eastbourne every Wednesday night?

I know supporters of long standing, that regularly go to away meetings, that won't even go and watch the two Bees away matches at Leicester each year because the track is so crap.

The last thing we need is Coventry at Leicester...we hate them and can't wait until they shut....the track might be "crap" but at least we have a track that is a lot better than it used to be due to recent changes.

The last thing we need is Coventry at Leicester...we hate them and can't wait until they shut....the track might be "crap" but at least we have a track that is a lot better than it used to be due to recent changes.

I dont want Coventry to shut. I'd rather have Coventry based in Coventry still though, as I really enjoy the meetings between the two sides and enjoy visiting Brandon to support the Lions. I'd never wish for another club to be shut as it would just be another nail in the coffin of our already dying sport...

• Like 7

The last thing we need is one less team or one less track.

Suggestions of Cov riding and Leicester have many drawbacks, but keeping Cov going would count as a positive. It is a good job not all Leicester fans are as bitter as you. (And yes I remember that day in late October 1983 well)

• Like 5

And at least one " very bitter " fan. ;)

WOW WOW WOW,

what a Complete & Utter Numpty This person is

• Like 4