British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 26/05/16

Huckenbeck (4.00) has a lower average than Wilkinson (4.32), so why is wilko at reserve?

From what i can work out its because Huckenbeck is the foreign #8 position, which can only replace riders in the top 5.

It may be that he's still on his assessed average?!?!

I think you're all giving Batchelor too much credit. My post was a summary of what he said, it really was a 'don't give a f**k* about what you think, I didn't fancy it, and wasn't going to try'.

Of course riders have emotions, but they're also paid to do a job and in this sport if your heads not in the right place your more of a danger to others and yourself. He'd have been better off pulling out of the meeting and Swindon using r/r that night. His whole attitude stank.

It was that bad that I now want any team riding against him to win - including Swindon!! :o (can't believe I just typed that)

• Like 2

So, I take it you have no concept that everybody's different and we all should be as hard as nails like you?

Not at all. I don't have a problem with Troy but I don't expect my teams number one to ride around like a Jack and Danny if his head is not in the right place.

He owes that to both the management and the supporters.

During the season he was throttling off entering bends and not chasing when at the back. In my opinion, he conveniently used Darcy's injury to mask his poor performances.

To then blame track conditions for his poor semi final performances was, for most Swindon supporters, enough.

So, I take it you have no concept that everybody's different and we all should be as hard as nails like you?

Not at all. I don't have a problem with Troy but I don't expect my teams number one to ride around like a Jack and Danny if his head is not in the right place.

During the season he was throttling off entering bends and not chasing when at the back. In my opinion, he conveniently used Darcy's injury to mask his poor performances.

To then blame track conditions for his poor semi final performances was, for most Swindon supporters, enough.

• Like 2

I wonder if you would be defending him so vigorously if it was Lynn who had experienced his petulance?

Spot on post.

• Like 2

He's in for it on Thursday at Swindon then!!!

thing is, Troy is Troy, you know what you're getting with him whoever he rides for.

we knew at Kings Lynn 10 years ago what he was like, kicking his bike when it packed up etc, but he has a side to him that can be brilliant on track, and hopefully Rob Lyon can coax that out of him on a regular basis.

Troy can be a world beater around the Adrian Flux Arena, and with his most staunch supporters sponsoring the club I really think he'll do well once he gets back into things

thing is, Troy is Troy, you know what you're getting with him whoever he rides for.

we knew at Kings Lynn 10 years ago what he was like, kicking his bike when it packed up etc, but he has a side to him that can be brilliant on track, and hopefully Rob Lyon can coax that out of him on a regular basis.

Troy can be a world beater around the Adrian Flux Arena, and with his most staunch supporters sponsoring the club I really think he'll do well once he gets back into things

You are right Steve he has real ability off the subject i know is Niels available for the trip to the Abbey?

He wasn't called Bratchelor for nothing :P

I'm no great fan of his but full marks to him for not coming out with the stock answers most riders spout. Far rather that than a load of tosh about bikes not being set up etc.

Batch's season last year went ** up in his first race of the season at blunsdon. Smacked the track with his shoulder after a tangle coming out of the gates. After that I don't think he was ever fully fit during the rest of the season, always a shadow of the rider he had been in recent seasons, with a few more knocks here and there if I remember correctly. Even in the GPs looked stiff as a board on the bike, especially with other riders in close proximity. Ward came in and it took the pressure off and he also managed to get out the gate a lot more, so was amongst the points again. Darcy getting injured was probably the low point of a crap year for him. Chuck in a few heavy tracks in end of season weather, which he's notoriously not a fan of, he was guff.

KL fans trying to interpret something that they weren't actually present at to make an informed opinion of......do yourselves a favour for Christ sake, before you make yourselves look any more ridiculous. If batch simply held his hands up and said he was struggling with confidence, injury, what ever and said sorry for his poor performances, Swindon fans would likely be much more compassionate towards him. He said nothing of the sort and essentially told the paying public to do one. As good as he could be this year, you are welcome to him.

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 2

Cannot see this going ahead unless southern Kings Lynn has a lot of luck as rain is forecast through till 11pm.

With all the rain due in Swindon today tomorrows meeting at Swindon may also be called off due to a water logged track, just need to check the website in the morning.

Edited by A ORLOV

Batch's season last year went ** up in his first race of the season at blunsdon. Smacked the track with his shoulder after a tangle coming out of the gates. After that I don't think he was ever fully fit during the rest of the season, always a shadow of the rider he had been in recent seasons, with a few more knocks here and there if I remember correctly. Even in the GPs looked stiff as a board on the bike, especially with other riders in close proximity. Ward came in and it took the pressure off and he also managed to get out the gate a lot more, so was amongst the points again. Darcy getting injured was probably the low point of a crap year for him. Chuck in a few heavy tracks in end of season weather, which he's notoriously not a fan of, he was guff.

KL fans trying to interpret something that they weren't actually present at to make an informed opinion of......do yourselves a favour for Christ sake, before you make yourselves look any more ridiculous. If batch simply held his hands up and said he was struggling with confidence, injury, what ever and said sorry for his poor performances, Swindon fans would likely be much more compassionate towards him. He said nothing of the sort and essentially told the paying public to do one. As good as he could be this year, you are welcome to him.

Absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

Cannot see this going ahead unless southern Kings Lynn has a lot of luck as rain is forecast through till 11pm.

With all the rain due in Swindon today tomorrows meeting at Swindon may also be called off due to a water logged track, just need to check the website in the morning.

I see that the Poole v Leicester is already off tonight because of the inclement weather forecast. As you say, the forecast is exactly the same for the King's Lynn area too, and in fact we've had some rain 13-miles away this morning, and the sky is so black, I've had to put a light on. We're only a month away from the longest day, before things start going down hill again as we head towards late summer/early autumn, were on earth have our summers gone??

So it's fingers crossed that somehow tonight can go ahead, but it doesn't sound promising.

What's it like in KL now please folks, as it's coming down by the bucket load on my roof?

Will Robins fans be hoping for a wet night then with Troy failing to score it will be a walk in the park for them. Wet Night, first meeting back from a long Injury lay off... has to be this kind of night for Tr00000Y

• Like 1

I see that the Poole v Leicester is already off tonight because of the inclement weather forecast. As you say, the forecast is exactly the same for the King's Lynn area too, and in fact we've had some rain 13-miles away this morning, and the sky is so black, I've had to put a light on. We're only a month away from the longest day, before things start going down hill again as we head towards late summer/early autumn, were on earth have our summers gone??

So it's fingers crossed that somehow tonight can go ahead, but it doesn't sound promising.

It's not exactly the same forecast for Lynn as it is at Poole, the weather fronts coming in off the Atlantic are weakening the further east they get, apart from mid afternoon, when as they pass over the Midlands they will break into heavy showers/thunderstorms due to daytime heating, and as they then move into the east of the Country, as the sun lowers, it will gradually cool down, as will the rain!!!!