British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

Swindon V. Poole (ela) - Moved To Bank Holiday Monday 30th May At 4.00 Pm

Just to put things in a little bit of perspective, Poole have just been well beaten at home and haven't won away yet this season - however 'strong' they appear to be on paper!!

Matt Ford has lambasted the team for 'moaning and underperforming' (in today's local Echo - not yet in the online version so you'll have to take my word for it for the moment), telling the riders/team to 'SORT IT OUT'....'NO MORE EXCUSES'....'PUT UP AND SHUT UP'!!

Whilst also accepting that the track was not up to scratch on Monday and work is being done 'to make sure we give them the best surface possible in light of the conditions that get thrown at us!'

I'll put the link up as soon as its online - unless someone gets to it first.

Take nothing for granted. Poole were beaten at home so will be licking their wounds from that and usually go well around Blunsdon so they are well capable of getting their first away win of the season. Also bear in mind that the fortnightly team shuffle which sees Swindon's two starting second strings as heat leaders - having both been down at reserve and on false averages as a result!

I think this will be close and I would like to see a Swindon win to maintain their unbeaten run and stay at the top of the EL.

Up the Roobins!!

• Like 1

Pretty strong talk from Matt Ford and rightly so. Its pretty clear who his remarks are aimed at.

Truth is we should be doing better away from home.

Now that is interesting. Matt has a go at riders for moaning and underperforming but according to someone else Middlo is supposedly blaming the track staff.

Holder better watch his back cos otherwise he'll be out and Dudek will be in!! :D 😂 ;)

Edited by lisa-colette

Matt is firing off at the riders for underperformjng away from home. We should not be scrapping a last gasp draw at Leicester and not trying at Wolves.

Pretty aggressive message from Matt Ford. Reminds me of that boss at work that nobody liked but always came up top in the rankings. I suppose you can't be chief and run with the Indians.

There has to be a gap between boss and riders. Without it everyone would take the P. I guess the riders know who the boss is and know they cant gret away with it or the old guillotine will come down regardless of who you are. Watty, Boycey, Loram and others have all felt the chop.

The pressure of knowing not giving your best could result in losing your place certainly concentrates the mind. No one is safe yet overall the Pirates ship is a happy one.

Great to see Kyle's promotion to the top 5 lasted a long time😀.

Hope when he gets over his bad injury he gets another crack at it after 6 years of trying to get their.

• Like 2

Great to see Kyle's promotion to the top 5 lasted a long time😀.

Hope when he gets over his bad injury he gets another crack at it after 6 years of trying to get their.

'there' ;) and you sound like Gavan 😂

Great to see Kyle's promotion to the top 5 lasted a long time.

Dont think Kyle Newman will be at Poole next season somehow!!

I like Matt Ford at the end of the article saying he doesnt want to listen about rules!!! No change there then.

Surely its his job as promoter of the club to give HIS riders the track THEY want.

Its all well and good Ford whinging about riders but if they arent getting the conditions they want he needs to address the track.

Kind of deflecting the blame i think

I like Matt Ford at the end of the article saying he doesnt want to listen about rules!!! No change there then.

Surely its his job as promoter of the club to give HIS riders the track THEY want.

Its all well and good Ford whinging about riders but if they arent getting the conditions they want he needs to address the track.

Particularly so now that Starman has spilled the beans about the lack of equipment. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when he gives Matt his complimentary copy of Speedway Star next week.

• Like 2

Great to see Kyle's promotion to the top 5 lasted a long time.

Think you need to read Kyle Newman wiki

Particularly so now that Starman has spilled the beans about the lack of equipment. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when he gives Matt his complimentary copy of Speedway Star next week.

Matt gets it via post not via me. Do hope that helps...

Edited by Starman2006

Any news on Buzz is he riding? hope so great to watch.

See my post #39. Poole are expected to be at full strength (whatever that currently means :wink::wink: ) subject to no further racing injuries over the weekend.

So you haven't read the full articles then!!!! Just your usual ill-informed bo//ox!

Edited by Skidder1

See my post #39. Poole are expected to be at full strength (whatever that currently means :wink::wink: ) subject to no further racing injuries over the weekend.

So you haven't read the whole articles then!!!!

Don't know why you bother mate, he can't resist it.