British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

I think Holders problem is he doesnt want to go all out when the track is not to his liking and risk injury. I said Buckowski would be a big miss and he was, he wouldnt have moaned about the track just got on with it.

I think Holders problem is he doesnt want to go all out when the track is not to his liking and risk injury. I said Buckowski would be a big miss and he was, he wouldnt have moaned about the track just got on with it.

Yes agree. And that 3-3 surrenderd by Cuppacoffee would never have happened as Buk would have been out in the dirt and not hugging the line inviting the passes.

Wow! What a meeting! Congratulations to Belle Vue for putting out a very formidable side. Mark Lemon and his team would be well deserved of a title this season.

THE BURNTFACEMAN SUMMARY!

Kyle Newman was a shining example of the FTR system working exactly as planned! His strong performances in the easier than premier league reserve races set him up perfectly for a role in the heat leader position. He may have only scored 2 points from 4 rides but he was definitely competing at his level. Electric out of the gate and constantly trading positions in the thick of the action.

[bFM'S Rider Of The Night!] Brady Kurts proved, as expected, to be a massive trump card! His experience at heat leader level allowed him to make a mockery of his reserve berth by smashing in a scintillating 5 pt performance!

Chris Holder continued his excellent grand prix form by showing that you don't actually need to win anything to come out on top.

Adam Ellis produced some classic reserve racing, demonstrating perfectly that the league is stronger now than ever before. His reserve performances last night were akin to those of the great Daniel Davidsson; breathtaking.

Bjarne Pedersen rode a stunningly average debut meeting. His determined and skillful performance to just about beat premier league double-upper Richie Worrall was one of the highlights of the night.

Hans Andersen was pants.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 2

The Poole Albert Pierrepoint Pirates are back.

Watt went a few weeks back for under performing. Who has Mattie got lined up on the chopping board this time ?

Edited by semion

Can I ask a question about the Elite Draft system, as I obviously have not understood a key principle?

I thought the intent was to bring on British riders?

Why is Brady Kurts at reserve? Is it because Kyle Newman was promoted?

Can I ask a question about the Elite Draft system, as I obviously have not understood a key principle?

Yes Kyle Newman after 6 years was finally thrust into the main team and basically was poor.

Not yet on the level of Garrity and Steve Worrall but a solid reserve for Poole in the next 10 years

• Like 1

It's quite straight forward really.

The FTR system allows up and coming British riders to gain crucial experience in races that are more diluted than the premier league. After a few weeks of storming these easy races, the riders are promoted to the main team whilst maintaining their artificially high average. This forces our inexperienced (or simply not heat leader material) Brits to suffer a disastrous hit to their confidence, flap around at heat leader level for a few weeks, before returning (minus any confidence) to their original reserve position.

In the mean time, perfectly good second string riders from all parts of the planet can spend a little time in the speedway paddling pool of protected FTR races.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 3

Yes Kyle Newman after 6 years was finally thrust into the main team and basically was poor.

Not yet on the level of Garrity and Steve Worrall but a solid reserve for Poole in the next 10 years

Yawn Gavan just yawn. Your obsession with Starman and Kyle is very boring now!
  • Like 5

Don't blame him do you? Your promotion need to invest in your track big time!

• Like 1

No i don't blame him.

Because he should have been on the hl list, its not rocket science!

You still seem to be saying Watt shouldn't have been on the heat leader list yet his average at the start of the season was nearly half a point more than Kylamakorpi and well over a point more than other riders on the hl list. You were saying Kylmakorpi (and several others obviously) shouldn't be on the hl list wern't you or was it just Watt?

I don't know if you've noticed the deep hole that I'm digging for you, lol!

No hole at all, the heat leader list isn't based purely on averages is it.

Edited by foreverblue

Fact #1..Bjarne is a poor mans version of Todd Wiltshire, start tart.

Fact #2..Most riders nowadays cant ride on anything other than a smooth, slick track.

Fact #3..The Pirates don't like it up em!

Fact #4..Brady Kurtz is an accident waiting to happen.

Trees, on 24 May 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

So on that assumption any fan walking into the stadium and see's a track that is anything other than ultra smooth can expect riders to not put it all in?

Yawn Gavan just yawn. Your obsession with Starman and Kyle is very boring now!

Obsession?

Most of the Poole fans on here came on and congratulated Belle Vue and moaned about the track.

Starman bangs on and on about how wonderful the Poole track is so i was hoping for his views? I was hoping for his views on how poor and uninterested Holder was. His views on Kurtz continually overriding.

With regards to Newman ive recently had a Poole fan banging on how he should be seeded to the British Final as he could possibly win it!!

Newman in my eyes isnt as good as Garrity or Worrall and he looked very poor last night

• Like 3

Fact #1..Bjarne is a poor mans version of Todd Wiltshire, start tart.

Fact #2..Most riders nowadays cant ride on anything other than a smooth, slick track.

Fact #3..The Pirates don't like it up em!

Fact #4..Brady Kurtz is an accident waiting to happen.

So on that assumption any fan walking into the stadium and see's a track that is anything other than ultra smooth can expect riders to not put it all in?

It's an on going problem at Poole with their rich promotion not getting to grips with it, yeah if it's potentially dangerous I wouldn't expect 100%. And come on, Holder knows every inch of that track, he has been great over the years, he's clearly peed off about his track ...

Seems to me from watching the meeting last night at Poole, that a lot of the problems could be caused by over watering, and, this is important, with the track surrounded by structures with varying height/width that some areas of the track seem to be in some sort of perma-shade, some in bright sunshine and some in partial Sun/shade... This would cause real issues with track surface consistency... (Wet, deep, slick, rutty, wavy, etc)

If this is the case, the track needs special attention, and varied watering, rather than just flooding the whole track...

• Like 1

It's an on going problem at Poole with their rich promotion not getting to grips with it, yeah if it's potentially dangerous I wouldn't expect 100%. And come on, Holder knows every inch of that track, he has been great over the years, he's clearly peed off about his track ...

Agreed. The track was bad and then the mistake was made to overwater it.