British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

It's an on going problem at Poole with their rich promotion not getting to grips with it, yeah if it's potentially dangerous I wouldn't expect 100%. And come on, Holder knows every inch of that track, he has been great over the years, he's clearly peed off about his track ...

I would like some answers too. How has the most successful Elite League team got such a rubbishe track?

Agreed. The track was bad and then the mistake was made to overwater it.

It's called 'a clueless track man'.

• Like 1

Early season fillers?

....and anyway, the EL is all getting rather curiously interesting isn't it. Makes a change! Bring it on I say. Wolves doing well (strangely). BV with a few home meetings in hand. No guarantees of wins there with no home advantage. The Dobins and Bees up and down. Lakeside getting stronger all the time with no slip ups at home yet. It's all to challenge for this year more so than ever so far. Even if the EL is a watered down half empty pint of stale milk!
Shiver me timbers, walk the plank and Up ye Pirates.

Dobins? Bloody cheek, btw weve won 6 on the bounce so technically we arent 'up and down'....bad start then into overdrive , as for Coventry no comment!

• Like 2

So after a later than usual night at Wimborne Road (enjoying the sponsor's hospitality) and a bit of a lie-in this morning, I thought I'd check on the thread and see if I would be surprised at (m)any of the posts?! The quick answer to that - is NO.

Well done to Belle Vue - I personally congratulated Mark Lemon and Scotty at the end (I sponsored both when they rode for Poole) - much the better side on the night. It'll be interesting to see how S.Worrall (Sponsor's Rider of the Night!!) fares when he's in the 1-5 in June - yes I know he beat some decent riders last night too!!

As for the track, it does need to be re-bladed to get rid of 'the waves' - whether it will be tackled in June remains to be seen!!?.

Other than that and the overwatering (which was understandable after a day of sunshine and no rain!!!) I don't think there was too much wrong with the track prep. The 4th bend falls by Hans and Bjarne were caused as much by them taking the wide line into the wet heavy stuff, when they are both traditionally white line riders.

The new pairings didn't help the Poole team either, but hey ho the world hasn't ended just because Poole have been beaten at home for once - fairly and squarely too.

Just a final word about Kyle Newman.......His first proper meeting back after his injury and clearly he has lost a bit of race fitness as well as being a little tentative. He'll be ok, as will the Pirates when they bounce back.

In the meantime, the knack for Matt and Middlo will be to keep the team in 4th spot whilst seeing what changes the averages will allow come August. If they can do that, then that's 'Magic'!!! :-) :-)

ps. I predicted 43-47 so wasn't far wrong!! And my fantasy team did very well too - thank you both teams!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Good result for the lads, just hoping we can now get a run of matches and get into a regular stride.

Turned out to be a good finish racing wise after around 9 races of usual gate and go poole fare. Up to that point we had The Aces pass Jonas on what looked like a slow (ailing?) motor and the Gp leader plus Pooles greatest rider pass the Worrall twins, our current and future reserve riders.

The dirt moved out and the tricky conditions meant throttle & bottle were the order of the day. This played right into The Aces hands against their FTG opponents.

I'm old school and don't mind a tricky track and maybe we should be asking that riders adapt themselves and their machines to cope better with this kind of tracks and thus provide us with a higher level of entertainment. A regular poole track would have seen, say Howarth pop out of the start and win handsomely but deep down do you want that - really?

So after a later than usual night at Wimborne Road (enjoying the sponsor's hospitality) and a bit of a lie-in this morning, I thought I'd check on the thread and see if I would be surprised at (m)any of the posts?! The quick answer to that - is NO.

Well done to Belle Vue - I personally congratulated Mark Lemon and Scotty at the end (I sponsored both when they rode for Poole) - much the better side on the night. It'll be interesting to see how S.Worrall (Sponsor's Rider of the Night!!) fares when he's in the 1-5 in June - yes I know he beat some decent riders last night too!!

As for the track, it does need to be re-bladed to get rid of 'the waves' - whether it will be tackled in June remains to be seen!!?.

Other than that and the overwatering (which was understandable after a day of sunshine and no rain!!!) I don't think there was too much wrong with the track prep. The 4th bend falls by Hans and Bjarne were caused as much by them taking the wide line into the wet heavy stuff, when they are both traditionally white line riders.

The new pairings didn't help the Poole team either, but hey ho the world hasn't ended just because Poole have been beaten at home for once - fairly and squarely too.

Just a final word about Kyle Newman.......His first proper meeting back after his injury and clearly he has lost a bit of race fitness as well as being a little tentative. He'll be ok, as will the Pirates when they bounce back.

In the meantime, the knack for Matt and Middlo will be to keep the team in 4th spot whilst seeing what changes the averages will allow come August. If they can do that, then that's 'Magic'!!! :-) :-)

ps. I predicted 43-47 so wasn't far wrong!!

Jano i had a feeling you would allude to something like that....anyway cant type for long have to go and service the Jet 'ski'..

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

Why is Chris Holder a shadow of his former now in the UK last night his actions and comments were a sharp

chritisim to Poole.

If he's lost the passion for the UK then go as his Poland score of 15 from 5 on Sunday and GP standing clearly show

he has intentions elsewhere!

• Like 2

Belle Vue really showed last night they are a team to be feared.I saw them at the Abbey about a month ago but there lack of racing sharpness cost them that night.Nicholls was superb Fricke S Worrall impressive and well at times Zagar oozes class at his best a pleasure to watch.Young Jacobs was the one i felt for on the pace and a couple of times he got himself in the wrong position at the wrong time.If he keeps working at it a tidy little rider there, Poole to me look vulnerable to me another change has to happen for them to win the league.Of the draft riders you have to say looking at it Garrity has done better than people have been saying.For me S.Worrall is the only other draft rider who could cope in the top 5 because his gating is excellent.Auty,Ellis,Kerr,Newman,R.Worrall Wright i like them all and i want them all to stay in the EL are not quite there as top five riders.

• Like 1

I think most of those EDRs listed would cope as 2nd strings in their respective 1-5s - just not Heat Leaders!!

• Like 3

Yawn Gavan just yawn. Your obsession with Starman and Kyle is very boring now!

Whats his problem now Lisa. Did he not see what i wrote last night ? Of course he did and he didn';t comment he was sat on the poole thread for ages so he had the chance to say well done. But like many others on here he picks on the post that suits him The man is just a king sized prawn who needs to get a life and bugger off back to his own boring threads.

Edited by Starman2006

Brilliant performance and win for Belle Vue last night, Nicholls was inspired and the rest of the side all contributed. Track was a disgrace though, no excuses can be given for something as bad as that. Poole need a re-think about whats going on at the moment as too many of their riders aren't performing.

From a Belle vue point of view keep the track as it is most of our riders seemed to love it.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

It's called 'a clueless track man'.

If its Gerard Richter (and I think it is) he's anything but clueless.

Word I got was that it needed ripping up and completely relaying about 3 years ago but it simply hasn't been done and now he can't do anything with it all.

Down to Matt Ford, it seems.

• Like 2