British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 2nd June 2016

I actually think this might be decent meeting. Ulrich at 1 strengthens us, and Bellego and Andersen have been in excellent form. Hugh has been decent enough especially at home and Lee Payne has shown he is capable of a big meeting.

Kus obviously knows the best way around the MPA, Garcia was excellent last week for Glasgow along and along with the Worralls should score well. And not many riders have done as many laps here as Danny Phillips.

i would expect a 'Newcastle' win, but think (hope!) it should be closer than many think.

• Like 1

Don't like guests but accept they are needed. But surely in this case they shouldn't come from a team that's already qualified. If Richie and Fernando don't score well they'll be accused of trying to stop Newcastle qualify ing since we all know from other posts that Newcastle will beat us the next time we race 😉

Don't like guests but accept they are needed. But surely in this case they shouldn't come from a team that's already qualified. If Richie and Fernando don't score well they'll be accused of trying to stop Newcastle qualify ing since we all know from other posts that Newcastle will beat us the next time we race

That is the danger with some guest appearances. It won't happen with Richie, because of his relationship with us and his twin, and Garcia will want to show his previous visit was not a fluke, and also he needs the money. Robbo will ride as a pro, having very strong links with both Redcar and Newcastle.

Edited by Tsunami

Cubs and the Gems racing a NJL meeting afterwards ?

SOLD!!! :t::t::P

That is the danger with some guest appearances. It won't happen with Richie, because of his relationship with us and his twin, and Garcia will want to show his previous visit was not a fluke, and also he needs the money. Robbo will ride as a pro, having very strong links with both Redcar and Newcastle.

Spot on shrewd choice off guest in Coty he is riding very well at the minute just keep him & Richie safe for us please.

• Like 2

Be great to see some Newcastle fans staying back after the main meeting to watch The Gems and give us some support :-)

• Like 1

Very disappointing night and poor performance with with only 1 win from the guest riders - I had a feeling this was going to happen and as I have already mentioned could well be the thing that stops the team from winning trophies due to absent riders at key times. Time is up for DP I'm afraid as we cannot continue to persevere with a young lad who is clearly not ready for premier league racing currently. Well done on SW and MK for good performances tonight.

Edited by acclennell

Am actually slightly disappointed to come away with only a draw from that. I'm not one to normally blame 1 decision for costing us a meeting, but the decision to exclude Andersen from heat 5 has cost us the meeting. A clear cut case of all 4 back in my opinion.

That being said a gutsy performance from the Bears + guests - not the most entertaining meeting of all time but the scores kept it interesting.

Ulrich was very good value at number 1 - was stuffed up i na couple of heats but gave as good as got as well. His pass of Kus in heat 10 was certainly forceful. Branford impressed me as well - a good solid 6 and a decent audition for somewhere? Payne also very solid, 5+4 from your number 7 you can't complain. Only worry again was Bukhave. Not blaming the lad himself for the position he is in - but would be surprised if that was not his last home meeting for Redcar. One change will not make us into world beaters - but should at least give us enough to win some home meetings!

For Newcastle, Kus showed he has not forgotten the quick way around the MPA after a bad first ride. Steve Worrall was also excellent. Robson was decent enough, and Garcia started well but man and machine seemed to struggle with the extra number of rides. Have to have a big concern over Phillips - if he was ever going to score points it would be here.

Personally thought the Bears just deserved the win (I would say that!) - but pleased to see us not lose against a strong Newcastle select.

• Like 1

Quite chuffed for Redcar tonight, being a fan of a team who are having a similar sort of season to them I can understand results like this one tonight can really lift the spirits.

Quite chuffed for Redcar tonight, being a fan of a team who are having a similar sort of season to them I can understand results like this one tonight can really lift the spirits.

Which team?

Aye, looking at Ayres on Monday and Payne tonight.... Phillips seems a little way off them and although harsh is the difference between us getting away points, he needs to start at least beating other number 7's.

Started the season ok, but hasnt been on the pace in the majority of his races ive seen.

Heat 13 was a killer tonight, gated on a 5-1 but ended up a 1-5 by bend 2 and that was that.

• Like 1

Made a late decision to travel down tonight and enjoyed a good meeting although obviously a frustrating outcome for the Diamonds. That said we didn't deserve to win and were probably fortunate to get a draw after the poor decision to exclude Andersen from heat 5 (obvious all 4 back). Richie also got away with a blatant roll but he was picked off by Belego anyway.

The Bears were certainly strengthened by having Ostergaard in place of the out of form Bjerre but when we turn up with 3 guests we can hardly complain. Also no point in moaning about having so many riders missing - this is the path we chose so we just have to get on with it.

Tonight, like Friday, we were hindered by a normally very reliable guest having a really poor night. Richie just couldn't get out of the start and didn't look quick either. 13 last week, 6 this week on the same track but that's the way it goes. Garcia also couldn't replicate last week's score but certainly no complaints from me. Coty rode his heart out and was involved in the best and most brutal race I've seen in a long time with Ostergaard. Really enjoyed watching him ride - he couldn't have given any more he just couldn't get out of the start. Steve was immaculate as ever - heat 13 always looked like being decisive and unfortunately with Richie not at the races he had to try and deal with both of the Bears top 2 on either sider of him and just got squeezed out. Robbo did a good job and Kus was excellent after a poor opening ride. Danny is struggling - he can't buy a start hence he is trying to anticipate it and getting pulled back. A tough job riding at this level when you're not scoring, look at Steve just a couple of years ago and look at him now.

Redcar rode well with only Buckhave not contributing. Having a decent number 1 made all the difference. They need a decent number 2 badly.

Racing was decent - heat 6 an absolute classic. First time at the STMP for a few years and I enjoyed it - would be better if there was some grip for the riders particularly around bends 3 and 4. Richie and Kus lost places by drifting wide there. Needs to be more lines for the riders to attack as there used to be but it's one of the best tracks in the country for viewing. Great to get so close to the action.

Only had time to see the first race of the junior match. Nice smooth win for young Mr Parr. Hope the young Redcar lad was ok - nasty fall.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 5