British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Rye House V Newcastle Premier League 11/06/2016

10miles away is torrential if this hits it will be off

Clouds quite high. Can't see any significant rain for a while. Not many here unfortunately

Steady rain , great track shape, super ht 14 move from old man lanham to win the match, v enjoyable

• Like 1

Shocking from our reserves again, well done Rye.

I can accept Lewis having a couple of bad meetings as he has been very good up to the last couple of meetings. What I can't accept is the continuation of a rider who is not anywhere near premier league standard - it is honestly bewildering why!!!!

Edited by acclennell

Though ref Cris Gay did his best to ruin an otherwise exciting match, by as usual holding the tapes to long causeing countless re runs ,,Up to heat 13 Rockets had only 3 heat winners ,Ed twice and Ben in heat two, which suggested the Diamonds were the more likely winners,,,Then Ed wins heat 13 and then Leigh Lanham rides the best race of his season followed home for a 5-1 by Kasper who had another brilliant night in fact with Ben the reserves scored 16 points to the Diamonds reserves 3 And with Ed winning heat 15 the Rockets ran out winners 48-42 Lambert ,,Worrall and Kus were all highly competitive for the Diamonds,,Another great advert for speedway at Rye House...e

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

Rye don't have the fire power of Newcastle so needed to avoid last places hence poor return from their reserves.

I didn't expect Rye to get near Newcastle let alone win and whilst the meeting didn't quite have the drama of last week

congratulations are due for a very gutsy performance - will need Karger to stay out a bit longer too!

I'm not sure if we should be worried by Jye Etheridge getting in some laps after the meeting...

Poor result. We should have had the firepower to get 3 or 4 points. These results, like Sheffield no points, could prove costly to our Play off chances. Interesting that was Ryes 6th home meeting with no away meetings yet.

Poor result. We should have had the firepower to get 3 or 4 points. These results, like Sheffield no points, could prove costly to our Play off chances. Interesting that was Ryes 6th home meeting with no away meetings yet.

You're right Dave that is in my opinion minimum 3 points lost tonight, 3 at Edinburgh, minimum 1 at Glasgow and Sheffield and out of the League Cup also.

MK has improved and doing what we were hoping the last few meetings but has had a few very poor ones also

VP is a bit hot and cold

RL/SW although getting points are losing out in heats 13 and 15 a lot recently

LR has had 2 terrible meetings but is doing a lot better than I expected at the start of the season

LL I won't go on about him as may upset a few but I think most know my opinion

DP is nowhere near current premier league status and must be replaced

Think the team needs a kick up the backside or I can see a very disappointing season ahead coming up as we're already out of the League Cup and as Dave has said current form could prove costly in qualification for the play offs. At this moment in 4 heats we are riding with 3 riders and this must be stopped immediately. I had high hopes for this team pre Edinburgh but since there are a few worrying signs starting to develop. It shows if even Dave is commenting on poor form as he is as loyal as they come to the team and the riders. Over to you George.

You're right Dave that is in my opinion minimum 3 points lost tonight, 3 at Edinburgh, minimum 1 at Glasgow and Sheffield and out of the League Cup also.

MK has improved and doing what we were hoping the last few meetings but has had a few very poor ones also

VP is a bit hot and cold

RL/SW although getting points are losing out in heats 13 and 15 a lot recently

LR has had 2 terrible meetings but is doing a lot better than I expected at the start of the season

LL I won't go on about him as may upset a few but I think most know my opinion

DP is nowhere near current premier league status and must be replaced

Think the team needs a kick up the backside or I can see a very disappointing season ahead coming up as we're already out of the League Cup and as Dave has said current form could prove costly in qualification for the play offs. At this moment in 4 heats we are riding with 3 riders and this must be stopped immediately. I had high hopes for this team pre Edinburgh but since there are a few worrying signs starting to develop. It shows if even Dave is commenting on poor form as he is as loyal as they come to the team and the riders. Over to you George.

We've only ridden 2 home matches in the league and already been to Glasgow, Sheffield and Edinburgh, probably 3 of the hardest away fixtures and we got at least 40 at all three which home fans reckon were their most entertaining matches of the season in each case. We'll climb up the table in due course once we get more home matches in. The team hasn't yet fired all on the same night but in a play-off situation I'd back us to have won over 2 legs in any of those away matches with a full team which I reckon we'll have come the play-offs. Keep the faith.

• Like 4