British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Should Ex Riders Get Into Speedway Free?

Think what you want but both points are sadly true,.

I don't think they should ask the name of the child or the disabled person under what was said, but I do understand Colin people are nosey for gossip but won't get names out of me.

People aren't being nosey for gossip. People are doubting your word.

People aren't being nosey for gossip. People are doubting your word.

it's only you and Fred flange who is asking for the name of a child and disabled person,that is wrong.

I honestly don't care if you believe what i said or not as what I said is sadly true which shows some promoters are not fit to be in charge of a family sport.

My thoughts on the subject. Pit access restricted to anyone involved in the running of the meeting, any ex rider applies for an annual stadium pass at a reasonable fee, say £50 which gains entry to any meeting. The receipts from this are given in full to the Ben Fund.

• Like 5

My thoughts on the subject. any ex rider applies for an annual stadium pass at a reasonable fee, say £50 which gains entry to any meeting. The receipts from this are given in full to the Ben Fund.

What a great idea, I think it would see a lot of ex riders return to watch the sport again and superb for the Ben fund.

You just need to convince the BSPA good luck but great idea for a good charity.

No... Why should they?? Should former track staff? Mechanics etc get in free also?? They are human beings the same as the rest of us, not some type of gods just because the rode a speedway bike.

I too find it disgusting if a paralysed rider was asked to pay.

If you're the team mascot surely in a small way you're involved in the "show"

a disabled rider should pay disabled rate.... Just like everyone else who is disabled.

No... Why should they?? Should former track staff? Mechanics etc get in free also?? They are human beings the same as the rest of us, not some type of gods just because the rode a speedway bike.

I thought speedway riders put their lives at risk to entertain the public ? I don't think the fans come to see the ex mechanics and ex track staff so they shouldn't get in for free.

Edited by robert72

It's up to the individual promoter imo .....

• Like 1

I thought speedway riders put their lives at risk to entertain the public ? I don't think the fans come to see the other two so no they shouldn't get in for free.

what difference does it make? They have given their time and effort for their club, probably over many years... Way more than a rider would ( in most cases)

it's only you and Fred flange who is asking for the name of a child and disabled person,that is wrong.

I honestly don't care if you believe what i said or not as what I said is sadly true which shows some promoters are not fit to be in charge of a family sport.

why is it wrong??

Just name the tracks and promoters and keep the identity of the paralysed rider and child you have decided to use to make a point to yourself.

#jackanory

You really are stupid.

#YAWN

Not right to give out names and I won't

OK then. Send me the names of the mascot and rider and I will confirm for you that it is true, and i promise not to publish their names and tracks.

• Like 6

Lol!

You've revealed a story about a paralysed rider, a 'child' and at least two promoters and at least two tracks and you can't reveal any details for some sanctimonious bollox.

Why has this not been mentioned before, both the paralysed rider and the child are far more significant stories than the one doing the rounds but nobody else has mentioned it?

#liar

I have mentioned about the paralysed rider story ages ago when discussing the Ben fund,so it's not new.

The word is respect

Let me chime in about ex riders in Poland- they always get in for free some of them have special free pass cards too issued to them.

Edited by pawel115