British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Hanock's Monster Diarrhoea

Good to see all the marketing experts out in force on this thread.

Nothing to do with either their dislike of Hancock or their vendetta's against the GP of course.

• Like 2

Strange no mention of Holder, Woffinden, Lindback with their Monster cans?! Nor Magic, Pawlicki, Hampel (when fit) of their Red Bull cans?! Must be just a Hancock thing...!

Maybe its more obvious because he's interviewed so much due to his many continued successes

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

Monster is the best drain cleaner around.

Second to croak a cola

Strange no mention of Holder, Woffinden, Lindback with their Monster cans?! Nor Magic, Pawlicki, Hampel (when fit) of their Red Bull cans?! Must be just a Hancock thing...!

Maybe its more obvious because he's interviewed so much due to his many continued successes

Quite possibly it's more noticeable because of the frequency.

Personally never tried the stuff nor Red Bull. I no longer drink Coke or Pepsi either..I think the difference between Hancock and the others you mention is principally the age thing. Woffinden and Lindback sort of fit with the image of the stuff. To be honest I can't remember seeing the others with the drink thingys tho I'm aware that Hampel is sponsored by Red Bull cos it's on his kevlars.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

I can recall Durex condoms sponsoring the England test team. One famous photo featured Peter, Les, Phil and Neil Collins all wearing the racejackets with Durex logo prominent. Perhaps not the best advert for the product?

Especially when it's all about the race to come first.

• Like 1

Monster is the best drain cleaner around.

In some cases that maybe should be Brain Cleaner

Quite possibly it's more noticeable because of the frequency.

Personally never tried the stuff nor Red Bull. I no longer drink Coke or Pepsi either..I think the difference between Hancock and the others you mention is principally the age thing. Woffinden and Lindback sort of fit with the image of the stuff. To be honest I can't remember seeing the others with the drink thingys tho I'm aware that Hampel is sponsored by Red Bull cos it's on his kevlars.

Exactly - hardly any people in their 40's will drink that stuff.

It's as ludicrous as teenagers appearing in ads for horlicks.

• Like 1

Second to croak a cola

Funny you should mention them, they are the owners of Monster

The more Hancock shows us that bloody Monster drinks bottle on every bloody interview, the less likely I am to ever try the stuff. I am a realist, and I know they have to show their sponsors on their bikes, caps etc, etc but there is something about Hancock's constantly shaking that water bottle in front of the camera every friggin time that is a bit OTT.

So is anyone willing to admit being gullible enough to fall for Hancock's branding diarrhoea and having been tempted to try Monster?

I know a few years ago when Greg Hancock rode for Tarnow that he received an urgent phone call(during a GP)for not parading his sponsors logo to its full potential whilst being interviewed ;)

How would you like to be phoned up while at work by an MD of a corporate company who sponsors you to say that the colour of a logo on your race suit isn't the correct colour of the company that sponsors you? :o More than likely the reason why Mr Hancock is showing(or ramming)the Monster Energy product to us at every available opportunity. :wink: .

Doesn't Hancock have the European distribution rights for Monster? I'm sure it's one of his business interests outside speedway.

he definitely does for Sweden, not sure about the rest of Europe though

Maybe - just maybe - Monster are trying to increase their market share in the over 40's age group - after all doesn't that represent the vast majority of speedway's audience?!

Maybe - just maybe - Monster are trying to increase their market share in the over 40's age group - after all doesn't that represent the vast majority of speedway's audience?!

Monster's main market share is in the 27-37 age bracket, which isn't as far off from Hancock as some on here would have you believe.

Monster's main market share is in the 27-37 age bracket, which isn't as far off from Hancock as some on here would have you believe.

Well, 9 years, older.

So a fair bit really.

You've got to admit it is just a bit cringeworthy though.

The way he does it.

Like Dad-dancing at a pool party to Little Mix.

And still believing that the youngsters are laughing with him. Not at him.

Edited by Grand Central