British Speedway Forum

8 teams with 40 riders at Worky in 2009.

12 teams with 57 riders on Saturday. Even if half of them had 2 bikes that's going on 90 machines to accommodate

Edited by Shads

Still rather impressed that I put up a tent all on my own :D

All the best

Rob

Tell the truth Rob you were watching Ray Mears on YouTube all week picking up hints and tips Edited by Triple.H.

when the 4s were run @ worky , they had another large pit area to fit in the extra people/bikes .

maybe there wasnt enough space at the showground .

To be fair the Peterborough pits are not too bad and bigger than most but 12 teams at 5 riders a team is 60 riders so it's possible you could have wanted space for 120 bikes and that's just ridiculous, so running it how they did made good sense to me.

• Like 3

They could've tun semifinal 3 1st

So SF 2 was last so their teams fans could have a moanfest about sitting around allday

when the 4s were run @ worky , they had another large pit area to fit in the extra people/bikes .

maybe there wasnt enough space at the showground .

a long wait for some fans to see their team and the ones that didnt qualify had to sit out the meeting till the last few races . the interest could have been there right till the end .

but , it is what it is .

Workington didn't have as many riders to fit in when they hosted it.

Anyway, pre-meeting I moaned that the 3 groups would be separate and in effect 3 meetings but I thought to worked well. So think they should stick with it.

http://peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2886.2

For people that couldn't make it, this is the kind of action you missed, and to say there were loads of heats like this wouldn't be an understatement

SPEEDWAY...

• Like 1

Because the weather was good and there were no major delays I thought the three group system worked well.

• Like 1

You're mental! I'd be in my own comfy bed

My caravan is very comfortable thank you :rofl: and the added benefit was being able to self cater, burgers and sausages Saturday and a nice gammon steak on Sunday. Proper real ale was also available from the chiller!

• Like 1

agree with all those comments . just the way it is i suppose .

Jenga, there were only 8 teams in it when it was held at Worky. Two semis and a final - a total of 28 races. I went to a couple of the meetings. I remember the one Moggo for Worky in his final race before his retirement.

Peterborough's pits are massive for the fours - they extend them with extra roofing. I think the choice to run the semis one after the other was more to do with the confusion of running three meetings at once. Two semis at a time was OK, I'm not sure if three would be.

All the best

Rob

8 teams with 40 riders at Worky in 2009.

12 teams with 57 riders on Saturday. Even if half of them had 2 bikes that's going on 90 machines to accommodate

To be fair the Peterborough pits are not too bad and bigger than most but 12 teams at 5 riders a team is 60 riders so it's possible you could have wanted space for 120 bikes and that's just ridiculous, so running it how they did made good sense to me.

Workington didn't have as many riders to fit in when they hosted it.

Anyway, pre-meeting I moaned that the 3 groups would be separate and in effect 3 meetings but I thought to worked well. So think they should stick with it.

missed these orf .

it seems the people slagging off the meeting this weekend were the ones not even there

isnt that always the case with speedway

• Like 2

Brilliant weekend of Speedway....

Many thanks to Ged Rathbone and his family for making it possible and hat's off to the track staff.

Well done to all the rider's for putting on a show for the fans. Can't wait for next year as I can see this getting bigger and better. The camping touch was brilliant (how nice to have a beer and enjoy a meeting and not worry about he journey home) definitely a Glastonbury feel well done all. 😊....

• Like 1