British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

I could almost understand the idea of Harris moving over but when the options are, with all due respect, Danny King – who is only 4 years younger than him or Scott Nicholls who is actually older than him I am tempted to say they aren’t the kind of riders he should move over for.

The same rules apply re the World Cup squad as they do with Harris and meetings like the GP challenge for me, it isn’t his fault other riders haven’t managed to outscore him or surpass him, nor is it reason enough not to pick him.

My Final pick would be the following;

Tai Woffinden, absolute no brainer.

Robert Lambert; Superb young talent and appears that he could handle the pressure.

Craig Cook; has the home track knowledge.

Chris Bomber Harris, never really let us down when he pulls on the Team GB race jacket.

Under 21 reserve

Josh Bates just edges out Adam Ellis.

Whats happened to Danny King he was in everyone's team this time last week

They say a weeks a long time in politics !

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2

He has just won the National Championship on the track that the Final is being held ,he surely has to be picked!!ro be honest it won't matter who they pick regarding winning though.

He has just won the National Championship on the track that the Final is being held ,he surely has to be picked!!ro be honest it won't matter who they pick regarding winning though.

You'd think so but track conditions were (hopefully) very different from what they'll be like for the World Cup. He'll get a chance to impress at squad practice (assuming they are actually having one, or hopefully several).

I could almost understand the idea of Harris moving over but when the options are, with all due respect, Danny King – who is only 4 years younger than him or Scott Nicholls who is actually older than him I am tempted to say they aren’t the kind of riders he should move over for.

The same rules apply re the World Cup squad as they do with Harris and meetings like the GP challenge for me, it isn’t his fault other riders haven’t managed to outscore him or surpass him, nor is it reason enough not to pick him.

Not sure what age has to do with anyone scoring points for Team GB? Don't really understand the second point either - the World Cup final is this year and he's in poor form internationally.

So you go watch TeamGB at BV in the SWC, want to go watch Woffinden again cos you are impressed with his talent, oh dear no chance, unless you go to Poland or Sweden, bloody great for British Speedway..... NOT! Why is he not racing here you ask, it's too much trouble!

Edited by Trees

Will hold my hand up to that one as I did after his Final win.

But have thought about it I would rather go with Bomber.

So you go watch TeamGB at BV in the SWC, want to go watch Woffinden again cos you are impressed with his talent, oh dear no chance, unless you go to Poland or Sweden, bloody great for British Speedway..... NOT! Why is he not racing here you ask, it's too much trouble!

I don't blame him, he needed to cut down and most of the accidents that he'd had were on tracks in GB (his words), plus he probably gets paid several times as much by his overseas clubs. What has happened to cut short other careers could happen to him or anyone riding, so getting what you can is a sensible idea.

• Like 1

never in my team as he isn't good enough. One flash in the pan meeting on a wet track means nothing.

Woofy

Bomber

Cook

Nicholls

Lambert

four from those five with final selection based on form going into the meeting or maybe Our Team Manager will arrange a training session at Belle Vue to time the riders in practise races.

• Like 1

As we are going to come 4th. out of 4 does it really matter?

Might as well pick the Teletubbies.

As we are going to come 4th. out of 4 does it really matter?

Might as well pick the Teletubbies.

Who would wear the purple helmet? :o:unsure: :unsure:

The Purple Helmet eh!...sounds a tad risque.

Chris Harris`s performance last Saturday has given Alun Rossiter a bit of a nudge, but I would still like to think Woffinden and Lambert are certainties, after that its a two way choice between Cook, Nicholls, King and possibly Harris.

The Purple Helmet eh!...sounds a tad risque.

Ooops - I didn't realise.

Apologies.

As they are 4 different colours anyway they need not wear helmets.

• Like 1