British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

the Worrall twins are not u21 so cannot be reserve, how many more times must this be explained?

Have to agree with those who would have king in the team, I certainly wouldn't have before last night, but he was excellent in Cardiff.

Sorry about that completely forgot about under 21 when I posted, I will write 500 lines " The reserves for the WTC must be under 21" ;)

I would be very surprised if Woofy was at BV next year, he did not endear himself with the management at the PC meeting.

• Like 1

From what I heard last night Tai and Robert will be two and King another after his performance last night. The last place will be between cookie and bomber.

Woffy to bv? Never happen, steve brum said he will only ever ride for wolves in the uk

• Like 3

From what I heard last night Tai and Robert will be two and King another after his performance last night. The last place will be between cookie and bomber.

I would agree with that if I was team manager.

TAI: as much as I don't really like him as a person, it would be madness not to have him in the team. He's a great rider.

KING: would be the 2nd rider on the team sheet for me. He was the stand out rider on the Belle Vue track in the British Final, he's in good league form and he was brilliant in a tough line up at Cardiff last night. Proven he can mix it with strong riders.

LAMBERT

He has a lot of talent esp when it comes to racing from behind and he seems to ride the track well. It's hard to know what he will do when up against a strong line up but he copes okay in the league so I would give him the chance.

For me the last place would be between Harris & Cook.

HARRIS: I won't read to much into the British Final as he tried a new engine for that meeting and it didn't work for him. However for Coventry he has been racing very well in the EL and had a good meeting when he got the set up in Prague. He always rides well in the World Cup. My only concern would be if he can adapt to the Belle Vue track as not his best so far. Harris is also the highest averaged Brit in the EL.

COOK: should benefit from home advantage but when you look at his home form it's been very up and down. He can be a good gater but as we saw in final he does sometimes stick to one line so not a out and out racer.

I would see how they both do it practice on the day and decide then.

For me Nicholls is struggling at his home track and is not in the best form. He's one of my fave riders but i don't think he should be in the team just because he is willing to ride for team GB this year, where was he the last couple of years when we needed him.

That leaves between Bates & Ellis for reserve. Tbf I think both would struggle against the top riders so would just be there to make up numbers.

Edited by mdmc82

Bomber liable to get the nod on experience and sentiment. Rosco not likely to pick BV boys

HARRIS: I won't read to much into the British Final as he tried a new engine for that meeting and it didn't work for him. However for Coventry he has been racing very well in the EL and had a good meeting when he got the set up in Prague. He always rides well in the World Cup. My only concern would be if he can adapt to the Belle Vue track as not his best so far. Harris is also the highest averaged Brit in the EL.

He should stop playing around with Engines. His experimentation hardly ever works - and the result is what we all saw in the British Final.

He should get something that works - and stick with it.

• Like 1

Tai is not worth the risk as a captain, maybe the BSPA will step in to make sure he isn't after Cardiff

Tai is not worth the risk as a captain, maybe the BSPA will step in to make sure he isn't after Cardiff

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

And then again maybe, just maybe they won't. Just a hunch.
  • Like 3

lmao you don't half talk some drivel me thinks BWitcher has got you square to rights

• Like 1

lmao you don't half talk some drivel me thinks BWitcher has got you square to rights

Bwitcher is not the brightest spark,So I don't even bother to reply to his twaddle.

I agree in that I don't think he is the right character to be captain. King has been a club captain and comes across as supportive and conciliatory. Would have King, Harris and Nicholls ahead of Woffinden for captain.

• Like 2

Bwitcher is not the brightest spark,So I don't even bother to reply to his twaddle.

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Tai Woffinden is named in the quoted post as a possible Belle Vue rider in 2017? If he does join theAces it will be in the wake of many all-time speedway dignitaries over the years, legends like Frank Varey, Eric Langton, Jack Parker, Max Grosskreutz, Ove Fundin, Peter Collins, Chris Morton etc.

None of them would have besmirched the sport in the way that Woffinden did at the British GP in Cardiff this weekend.

Chris Morton deliberately knocked Alan Grahame off and broke his leg. Do you think using a swear word is worse than that?

• Like 2

Chris Morton deliberately knocked Alan Grahame off and broke his leg. Do you think using a swear word is worse than that?

One doesn't justify the other, except possibly if you're Alan Grahame.