British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick Vs Ipswich 18th

With the new British Champion in their midst I am sure the witches will fancy a point or two this Saturday, but if Bellego goes as he did a couple of weeks ago then I see a home win. Delighted to see the club bringing a new asset, much better than bringing in a journeyman rider as some have done, if Gappmaier is anything like Romano Hummell then Berwick will be onto something. Good to see former riders now helping the club find possible signings.

• Like 2

Slightly off subject, but I saw in grass track sidecar result that a certain Mark Courtney won a couple of races does anyone know if that is Mark the former Berwick Legend?noticed that he recommend Berwicks new signing.

Think we need Matty to have one of his better meetings on Saturday as IMO it will be a tight hope Va Va Boom is in top form also looking forward to it.

Slightly off subject, but I saw in grass track sidecar result that a certain Mark Courtney won a couple of races does anyone know if that is Mark the former Berwick Legend?noticed that he recommend Berwicks new signing.

Mark (Scott's dad) lives in Poland these days, doesn't he? He is also 55. Suspect it is doubtful -- more than doubtful -- he'd be doing sidecar grass-tracking.

Think we need Matty to have one of his better meetings on Saturday as IMO it will be a tight hope Va Va Boom is in top form also looking forward to it.

Matty is the fifth rider in the averages, currently on 5.43. Up from 4.96 at start of season.

Since moving up from reserve, his home league scores have been 5+2, 7+2 and 5. Doing his job?

That said, if he has 'one of his better meetings' I'm sure no-one will complain!

Edited by crescent girl

Mark (Scott's dad) lives in Poland these days, doesn't he? He is also 55. Suspect it is doubtful -- more than doubtful -- he'd be doing sidecar grass-tracking.

Matty is the fifth rider in the averages, currently on 5.43. Up from 4.96 at start of season.

Since moving up from reserve, his home league scores have been 5+2, 7+2 and 5. Doing his job?

That said, if he has 'one of his better meetings' I'm sure no-one will complain!

Saturday nights 3 pointer came when he beat 2 reserves one who had not scored ;)

Does he?.there are a few 55year olds doing sidecar grass tracking ! Thanks for your reply though.

there are a few 55year olds doing sidecar grass tracking ! Thanks for your reply though.

The Courtney brothers have no fear. There are tales of them averaing 70mph on the 315 mile journey from Berwick when they rode for the Rockets in the late 80's.

*edit* My PB is 63mph, but that's leaving at 4am with a couple of stops ;).

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Why not, Granty senior was riding grasstrack until his illness and Coopermans Dad Clive stil rides grasstrack

Its now or never for the Witches this weekend.

Two poor shows and its game over for 2016.

Ive got a feeling for a narrow win at Berwick and a point at Newcastle .

Good opportunity for Danyon to give the management someting to think about......

• Like 1

Ipswich were very impressive up here last season, out-gating Berwick consistently. They have a strong heat leader trio in King, Covatti and Barker, who all go well around Shielfield and very good second strings in Sarjeant and Risager. Berwick may hold an advantage at reserve, but who knows how the new signing will perform. I like the booking of Bellego as a guest, he knows Berwick well and has been flying lately, hopefully he will keep that going on Saturday. Berwick will have to be on top of their form to take anything from this, but if they can replicate the performance against Edinburgh they have a chance. Looking forward to this one a lot.

• Like 1

To all the riders, stay safe and bring back 4 big points for the fans.

Ipswich have been a bit of a bogey team in recent seasons , but I still fancy Berwick to win by about the same margin as they did against The Monarchs last Saturday

Its now or never for the Witches this weekend.

Two poor shows and its game over for 2016.

Ive got a feeling for a narrow win at Berwick and a point at Newcastle .

Good opportunity for Danyon to give the management someting to think about......

Bet you didn't sing those first four words in an Elvis like voice down a "borrowed" megaphone did you, Bruv of Bruv? That would drive the Ipswich locals away in their droves...

Berwick, and their fans, were mega (phone) at Rye House a couple of weeks ago. Witches ARE a better team than their results, especially at Foxhall, suggest - the inclusion of Barker making them a solid BET for the play-offs - if you were a gambling man..... Pools Panel says = Score Draw.

Danyon signed with a view to riding in the Witches 2017 EL side, I guess, as the proposed HL line up will be so strong that a low average British qualified Reserve will be a must have? ("Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble, all the Witches say.....")

http://wn.com/hubble,_bubble,_toil_and_trouble

A safe and enjoyable meeting wished to all.

• Like 1