British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pogo1

Glasgow V Edinburgh ,wednesday 29/6/16, Sky Sports 7.30pm

No, you're all right. You wont need a passport to enter but you will have to have a letter signed by Jimmy Krankie to leave. :o:cheers:

• Like 2

You pretty much did p*ss on the PL parade though, "thank God we have EL next week" (or similar). So he/she wasn't exactly putting words in your mouth.

How did I?

Did I say it was a great crowd and atmosphere and the racing after heat 4 was affected mostly by the weather conditions? Positive slant on the product I would say.

Was Monday not poor then? Please correct all I have got wrong then.

Of course I'm happy to see the EL on SKY next week , that's the league I prefer and has better quality racing (IMHO of course).

So yes words were put into my mouth, incorrectly.

Really enjoyed this TiVo offering. Props to the 13 riders.

No, you're all right. You wont need a passport to enter but you will have to have a letter signed by Jimmy Krankie to leave. :o:cheers:

Better check with the silly bitch first because if she can't win she'll want to have another vote on it.

• Like 1

Better check with the silly bitch first because if she can't win she'll want to have another vote on it.

She is the ultimate in hidden agendas and this vote suits her to the ground one word to describe her would be clown.

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with Ayres' celebration, we need more of that kind of thing in speedway. Contrast that to most riders coming straight back to the pits last night at Lynn with no interaction at all.

• Like 6

It means nothing that he is a Berwick asset - riders will ride where they want to ride. If he has a great season with Glasgow and he wants to stay and they want to keep him - it will happen.

Bellago was a Glasgow asset but made no difference according to BSPA

Fantastic atmosphere and good sized crowd but we really need to keep our feet on the ground. It may be a start but we're not nearly there yet. How big will the crowd be on Sunday with no TV cameras and a smaller travelling support despite stronger opposition?

I heard the number of season books on Wednesday was far more than usual. The crowds look to me to be slightly higher than last year and I haven't heard any figures less than about 770 (can't remember who that was but Redcar or someone far away. I presume it's just a case of continuing to batter away - and Wednesday will certainly have helped in promotional terms. If they are playing the long game it looks great.

As for the league, agreed. It's so tight (other than Somerset so far) this year.

** PS I'm not a Blobby style insider, so hearing all this second hand.

Edited by damosuzuki

She is the ultimate in hidden agendas and this vote suits her to the ground one word to describe her would be clown.

Not sure this is the place for puerile comments about a politician but one thing you can guarantee, on this forum, is that people will have an opinion even if its not based on reality :sad:

• Like 2

Not sure this is the place for puerile comments about a politician but one thing you can guarantee, on this forum, is that people will have an opinion even if its not based on reality :sad:

Just the same as Nicola then.

• Like 2

Personally feel we done a lot better than the scoreline suggests only 2 down after 10 against a decent tigers side until we kind of lost our way a bit in the end, mainly having gates 1&3 in those heats didn't exactly help as gate one was dreadful.

The atmosphere last night was different class all the glasgow fans with their horns and us with our big Drum, was really great to see. Shame that the rain ruined the track a little.

Garcia being the match winner for the tigers with what was probably his best meeting to date, Encouraging signs from Mark Riss and Dan Bewley both continuing to improve. Erik a little below par and Max after a decent heat 2 went back to his normal away form. Special mention has to go to the Fish different class night, that was the Fish of 2010 hopefully that is him coming into a bit of form.

Almost forgot, Danny Ayres, got to laugh cringe worthy celebration for winning the reserve race then beat off a wee boy in his next two rides and finally hooked from his last ride. Maybe used all his energy in that celebration.

I must say I was impressed with your "wee boy" Blobby.

That's the first time I've seen him.

In novices I look for a smooth style - which he certainly has - really pleasing to the eye, on the bike.

Aggression, track tactics and speed usually come with experience, unless you're an off-the-hook natural.

• Like 1

I thought Danny Ayres was Ott with his celebration and it didn't quite cut it for the TV audience but the crowd loved it. There will be some kids who will want to go back hoping for more of the sam

Can understand the comments re Danny's celebration however he does this weekly if/when he wins.

It's more about him showing his appreciation to the fans and his love of the club - the race win is a platform for him to do so.

It's a cult thing at Glasgow and we all love it.

The kids love it and it certainly attracts 3 I know each week!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 5