British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions V Witches 3rd July 2016 Premier League

Scunny needed that, I am not sure if we were good or Ipswich were poor, probably a bit of both.

Some really excellent races, I think Sky need to get back to Scunny. Can you imagine what Nigel and Kelvins commentary would be like if they witnessed Auty's heat 11, it doesn't bear thinking about.

• Like 2

Scunthorpe rode well and Ipswich were disappointing yet again.

King and Covatti certainly did not score anywhere near their potential.

Ipswich riders must have been told /guessed which one of the four consortia bidding to take on the promotion reins in 2017 and that they are therefore not in the 2017 EL team plans.

If that is the case, it is quite shocking, not so much from the riders, but the current promotion and title sponsor plus Team Manager.

King testing engines again for Revolution, or just holding back before his Big Night Out in Cardiff? Also peed off that his mate Lewi Kerr has been dumped.

Covatti levelled off this season, no disrespect, but seems to be focused on 2017 SGP series and must be peed off that Castagna has gone.

Barker - you will get what you get and you could lay your mortgage on him .... or could you.

Risager - no comment, but anyone who recommends a rider, who is contracted, sight unseen, must have his credibility questioned

Sarjeant - I like him, little confidence, you get what you get, another rider who should have improved under the Louis' banner but doesn't appear to have.

Reserves: well done lads. JJ is the sort of rider Ipswich should be using (along with Danyon Hune) and OG is what he is.

Team Manager: 0/10

Promotion 2/10

Title Sponsor: 3/10

Riders: 5/10

Overall: 2.5/10 - see me, must try harder.....

EDIT:

PS: apologies Scunthorpe, that my post was totally concentrated on the Witches. Well done to the riders, the crowd, the track man and the promotion. Ryan Douglas: you little beauty, ripper, true oker mate. So pleased for you after last season. Josh Auty: I eat my words as you can get a max without targeting A N Other over your 5 heats. Well done lad, and a bit of class. Keep it going lad. The other 5 = top effort, you should be well pleased. Now if you hadn't of had the early season disruption.....?

Edited by macca56
  • Like 3

According to the bspa results page we are now called Peterborough. Is there something we don't know?

One would assume out of sympathy perhaps.

• Like 1

Let's hope the same Ipswich side turns up on Thursday

• Like 2

I thought the witches riders put their heart and soul into their performance, but unfortunately and as often is the case, the scorpions had far more heart and lots more soul. A very well run meeting by the ref and scunthorpe management.

• Like 1

Make no mistake, this wasn't just about Ipswich being rubbish. Scunny had more fire and determination - and an ability to get out of the gate - than I have seen tjem have all season

• Like 3

Yes the Scorpions had passion and determination as a whole team, I haven't seen that at home this year until now.

They looked like they could give any pl team a good contest.

I remember Danny King not being too hot round the EWR last year and didn't expect much from him but Covatti I thought would be better than he was.

Looking forward now to Redcar on Thursday and seeing Glasgow at Scunthorpe on friday.

As Rob might say "let's kick on".

• Like 1

You boys must be looking forward to Thursday. As I have said before our confidence must be smashed to pieces, and in theory we are ripe pickings for any side coming to foxhall.

• Like 1

Well you know Kennett wont get beaten around Foxhall , forgotten the last time an Ipswich rider got the better of Kennett at Foxhall or Hoddesdon for that matter .

• Like 1

Well you know Kennett wont get beaten around Foxhall , forgotten the last time an Ipswich rider got the better of Kennett at Foxhall or Hoddesdon for that matter .

Danny King, heat 1 at Foxhall, 9th July 2015. 18 races unbeaten by a Witch since. Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

From the sounds of it I'm guessing Danny (British champion) huh hmm, was doing a Craig Cook and using a 250cc bike and saving his best bikes/engines for Cardiff.

He certainly shouldn't be being beaten like he was on Sunday but heh ho that's how it is with Ipswich this season.

• Like 1

You boys must be looking forward to Thursday. As I have said before our confidence must be smashed to pieces, and in theory we are ripe pickings for any side coming to foxhall.

You never know which Ipswich side will turn up. I'm certainly not confident.

• Like 1