British Speedway Forum

Did you know you won't be popular for saying what you have above but there are those who will fully agree.

You had your chance at Cardiff and 40,000 put you in your place.

• Like 1

I'm no Tai fan but blimey, is it that much of a big deal? Speedway needs big personalities, thank god for Tai, NickI, Darcy etc..

He swore, so what, move on.

• Like 4

Maybe you missed it but the GPs are thriving, British Speedway is not. Woffy is in the GPs, he's not in the British league. That suggests he IS working.

Great, not!
  • Like 1

Anything shouldn't go Wackie, anarchy will reign!

here we, here we, here we fcking go!

• Like 2

I like many others on hear did,nt see or hear the interview but from what I gather he used foul language , this being the case then he needs to take a good look in the mirror,this is a family sporting event and he was bang out of order , he will loose the respect of many people if this continues and personally I think I he should apologise to all fans of all ages .

I'm no Tai fan but blimey, is it that much of a big deal? Speedway needs big personalities, thank god for Tai, NickI, Darcy etc..

He swore, so what, move on.

They can be big personalities on track without being idiot twats off it.

They can be big personalities on track without being idiot twats off it.

Clearly the forum doesn't like the word either, it 'filtered' the word out.

The thing with this uproar here is that the swearing is just the latest thing following that he can't be arsed to ride for a British team and support speedway in his own country, supposedly due to the travelling though others seem to manage it after all he is only 25. At that age most feel as though they're indestructible and can do anything. Then we have the fact that he then couldn't be arsed to ride and support his own national championship which I believe would have been two meetings, that quite frankly is pathetic. He's turned his back on British fans it would seem, oh sorry he did manage the travelling to show up at Cardiff but then again that was for himself. He's obviously going to be riding for Team GB in the world cup but thats because he can't get there any other way as he's always been a wannabe Aussie. I wouldn't pick him even though it weakens us because if he can't support the sport in his own country any other time don't bother now so give someone else a go. I was pleased when he started racing for GB but now I have no respect for him and his childish petulant way in which he conducts himself. I felt sorry for Lindback on saturday as he'd just won the biggest GP on the circuit and that childish moron wouldn't get himself of the track so Lindback could take the plaudits he deserved. I for one was absolutely delighted he didn't win not that anyone would have thought it from his behaviour. Even the sky interviewer couldn't get a word in edgeways with Woffinden running his motormouth off. Great rider, unfortunately also a complete Tosser who needs to show more respect for the sport and fans that put him where he is now.

• Like 6

The thing with this uproar here is that the swearing is just the latest thing following that he can't be arsed to ride for a British team and support speedway in his own country, supposedly due to the travelling though others seem to manage it after all he is only 25. At that age most feel as though they're indestructible and can do anything. Then we have the fact that he then couldn't be arsed to ride and support his own national championship which I believe would have been two meetings, that quite frankly is pathetic. He's turned his back on British fans it would seem, oh sorry he did manage the travelling to show up at Cardiff but then again that was for himself. He's obviously going to be riding for Team GB in the world cup but thats because he can't get there any other way as he's always been a wannabe Aussie. I wouldn't pick him even though it weakens us because if he can't support the sport in his own country any other time don't bother now so give someone else a go. I was pleased when he started racing for GB but now I have no respect for him and his childish petulant way in which he conducts himself. I felt sorry for Lindback on saturday as he'd just won the biggest GP on the circuit and that childish moron wouldn't get himself of the track so Lindback could take the plaudits he deserved. I for one was absolutely delighted he didn't win not that anyone would have thought it from his behaviour. Even the sky interviewer couldn't get a word in edgeways with Woffinden running his motormouth off. Great rider, unfortunately also a complete Tosser who needs to show more respect for the sport and fans that put him where he is now.

Top Post but expect abuse for saying the truth

• Like 1

Well said. I wonder if it is any coincidence that the 2 meetings in GB that Tai will compete in this season are both sponsored by his sponsor.

• Like 1

Top Post but expect abuse for saying the truth

Why do you keep posting this one line.

The only person that attracts abuse is yourself.

I can accept differing views from the likes of Star Lady, Trees and others even though their views are different to mine, because they actually bring something to the table.

You don't bring anything to table except a wooden spoon to stir people up and wind them up then cry victim.

I don't believe your were a rider.

If you were you would have revealed who you are.

I don't believe you were at Cardiff.

And don't believe you will be at Manchester.

Either bring something to the table for discussion, and stop playing the victim and L might have a bit of respect for you, but as things stand I pity for you as you come across as a very bitter and twisted individual.

• Like 3

Well said. I wonder if it is any coincidence that the 2 meetings in GB that Tai will compete in this season are both sponsored by his sponsor.

Or perhaps that one is a Grand Prix round (as a part of the world individual championship) and one is the World cup (the most prestigious team competition). I'd venture that any rider with world class aspirations would ride in those regardless of who was the sponsor.

For what it's worth:

I was at Cardiff and didn't hear the comment live. I have subsequently seen the interview. I don't think Tai was wise to swear, and I would expect that BSI / FIM might well have given him a warning. Am I offended - not really - but I'd prefer he didn't do it again. I was at Cardiff with family including early teen relations. Given the music they listen to I suspect they wouldn't have even noticed - which perhaps says something about the society we live in.

Should the BSPA have Tai as team captain? Again, I would expect that they might tell him the standards they expect. I would be more worried that the captain can lead by example on track and motivate and inspire his team. I have no idea how his team mates feel about him, but I would bet that they would rather have him in the team than not.

Why do you keep posting this one line.

The only person that attracts abuse is yourself.

I can accept differing views from the likes of Star Lady, Trees and others even though their views are different to mine, because they actually bring something to the table.

You don't bring anything to table except a wooden spoon to stir people up and wind them up then cry victim.

I don't believe your were a rider.

If you were you would have revealed who you are.

I don't believe you were at Cardiff.

And don't believe you will be at Manchester.

Either bring something to the table for discussion, and stop playing the victim and L might have a bit of respect for you, but as things stand I pity for you as you come across as a very bitter and twisted individual.

What a silly post.

​Exactly, A world champion should behave with dignity. Clearly the word dignity is not in Tai Woffinden's dictionary! :unsure:

Strange viewpoint from someone who say's one of his speedway idols was Jack Parker.The same Jack Parker who threatened to kill a young Ronnie Moore if he got in his way on track.Guess that sort of behaviour is nothing against a swear word though.Or is it ok to threaten such things because Parker wasn't a world champion?

It's a funny thing but no-one here can post the word Tai used.

Hmmmmm, now I wonder why that is.........

• Like 6