British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Belle Vue V Leicester 15.07.16.

Think you can have r/r for a draft rider when they're in the 1-5. Starke is currently our number 4, whereas bates and Newman are both currently number 7. When there's no one lower than you in the averages, there's no one to replace the rides! Starkes rides can be covered by auty, mpt and skidmore I think. Not that I think they'll adequately cover starkes rides (he looked impressive in the British final)!

Could be a cricket score this meeting

Think you can have r/r for a draft rider when they're in the 1-5. Starke is currently our number 4, whereas bates and Newman are both currently number 7. When there's no one lower than you in the averages, there's no one to replace the rides! Starkes rides can be covered by auty, mpt and skidmore I think. Not that I think they'll adequately cover starkes rides (he looked impressive in the British final)!

Skidmore can be in for either Summers or Starke, right? Only difference is that if he is in for Starke than Wozniak can get extra ride. If he replaces Summers than only Skidmore, Toft and Auty can cover.

Bates & Newman were in the top 5 at the time

Enjoyed that :approve:

Not quite the hammering some predicted, though :D

There were a few reasons for that : Leicester's reserves attacked a wet track far more that their opposites from Belle Vue; ultra reliable Max Fricke had all sorts of bikes problems; Scott Nicholls had a poor night; there was a very impressive performance from Patrick Hougaard.

Some decent racing, though - in particular heat 11, when Wozniak and Worrall went wheel to wheel for best part of 3 laps.

Quick word for the track staff : when I arrived the surface was like a swamp. An hour or so later we had a good racing track - good enough for Matej Zagar to equal the track record, anyway.

Only one complaint : charging full price for an insert is a rip off :angry:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

I nearly didn't go, but I really enjoyed the meeting. A credit to the new track, that was derided at the start of the season, but is now proving it's worth.

Brilliant meeting. Zagar is a different rider when the track is grippy, so good to watch. Leicester really deserved their point and M P-T was outstanding.

Echo everything that has been said, great meeting, great races, great track.

Enjoyed that :approve:

Not quite the hammering some predicted, though :D

There were a few reasons for that : Leicester's reserves attacked a wet track far more that their opposites from Belle Vue; ultra reliable Max Fricke had all sorts of bikes problems; Scott Nicholls had a poor night; there was a very impressive performance from Patrick Hougaard.

Some decent racing, though - in particular heat 11, when Wozniak and Worrall went wheel to wheel for best part of 3 laps.

Quick word for the track staff : when I arrived the surface was like a swamp. An hour or so later we had a good racing track - good enough for Matej Zagar to equal the track record, anyway.

Only one complaint : charging full price for an insert is a rip off :angry:

Well I didn't expect that outcome driving down to Belle Vue tonight. An under-strength Leicester side written off by most, on paper looked a 30 point win for the Aces, surely a formality? Fortunately speedway's not raced on paper & Lions fans should be proud of their team's efforts tonight, they really got stuck in.

Palm-Toft was outstanding & battled all night, Hougaard looked like the Paddy of his early days in Aces colours, Auty & Wozniak were always in the mix too. As HT says, heat 11 was a cracker (hopefully the Speedway GB website will show it) between Worrall & Wozniak - hard fought & (just about) ended with a handshake.

A bad night for the Aces skipper lacking speed & Max Fricke with rare bike frustrations in an otherwise breakthrough season for him. Matej Zagar can & does frustrate speedway fans at times, but on other occasions makes the sport look ridiculously easy, even in tricky conditions like tonight. Valuable EL points for the Aces, Lions well worth their point tonight too.

Big week for the Aces on the road coming up, at Swindon on Thurs, then Cov on Friday. With still little obvious home track advantage, away points are absolutely vital.

• Like 2

Really shows when Palm-Toft top scores in an Elite league match how poor the standard really is!!

Michael Palm Toft rode well for Leicester in the reserve position which gives protection from the heat leaders in the programmed rides.

He rode well for us at the Greyhound track... apparently his average did not fit re taking him on the next year...... he was popular with the crowd.

On the same night Bjarne Pedersen got 13 + 1 for Poole from the reserve berth since his average is conveniently on 4.49

For exactly the same reason , heat leader averages are suppressed in this format due to the fact that they meet the other heat leaders far more often compared to the PL format.

Looks like the present EL format will die a death this winter anyway.

Leicester rode well and deserved their league point.

The track staff did a marvelous job with the track considering it was saturated at 6 PM..A really good match with plenty of passing and some hard fought battles between various riders during the night.