British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Edinburgh Monarchs ( P L) - Sunday, July 17th (6.30pm)

Fantastic meeting... with Edinburgh having all the luck. The racing was simply brilliant, one of the best meetings this year, just a shame it ended like it did.

Would've been a different result had the ref rightly called heat 12, no way did clegg win that... and Fisher should've been excluded from heat 10, racing incident yes, he didn't deliberately mean to rear up, however it was dangerous, it impeded Ryan Douglas.. if it wasn't for Ryans awareness it would of resulted in a massive off for both riders.

That said, congrats to both teams, was one hell of a meeting.

Scunny rode under protest with regards to Mitchell Daveys inclusion... so we'll have to wait and see the outcome of that.

I thought Kerr won that one too but my view wasn't perfect so I asked someone at the tapes at the end. They said Clegg got it.

I, too, thought Fisher should have been excluded. He was at 45 degrees across the track and it shouldn't take a crash for a rider to be disqualified.

I also thought that Douglas caused Kerr to fall in heat 15 and he should have gone rather than Kerr.

Mitchell Davey is declared in Coventry's NL team. As far as I can see he is an NL guest.

I thought Kerr won that one too but my view wasn't perfect so I asked someone at the tapes at the end. They said Clegg got it.

I, too, thought Fisher should have been excluded. He was at 45 degrees across the track and it shouldn't take a crash for a rider to be disqualified.

I also thought that Douglas caused Kerr to fall in heat 15 and he should have gone rather than Kerr.

Mitchell Davey is declared in Coventry's NL team. As far as I can see he is an NL guest.

There's a rule where if a NL rider ever achieved a 4 PL average he is not allowed to guest in the PL?!?!

EDIT- Just checked and that rule is that you are not allowed to guest as a NL only guest in PL if you have ever achieved more than a 4, I don't think Davey ever has anyways

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

There's a rule where if a NL rider ever achieved a 4 PL average he is not allowed to guest in the PL?!?!

EDIT- Just checked and that rule is that you are not allowed to guest as a NL only guest in PL if you have ever achieved more than a 4, I don't think Davey ever has anyways

You mean this one:

18.10 FACILITIES

a1) Absent #1: G or RR

a2) Absent D-U or EDR (if riding for the “other” team) G or RR

b ) 1 Absent rider (2 – 5): RR

c) More than 1 Absent rider (1 - 5) 1 x RR facility and G for all others

d) Absent #6 or #7: G

e) “No Facility”: NL G*

NL G*: a rider eligible for a NL Team who has never achieved an actual PL MA of 4.00 or above

A quick check of the BSPA website shows that Mitchell Davey's average has gone above 4.00 in the past. For example, I spotted that his GSA for October 2009 was 4.23.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

You mean this one:

18.10 FACILITIES

a1) Absent #1: G or RR

a2) Absent D-U or EDR (if riding for the other team) G or RR

b ) 1 Absent rider (2 5): RR

c) More than 1 Absent rider (1 - 5) 1 x RR facility and G for all others

d) Absent #6 or #7: G

e) No Facility: NL G*

NL G*: a rider eligible for a NL Team who has never achieved an actual PL MA of 4.00 or above

A quick check of the BSPA website shows that Mitchell Davey's average has gone above 4.00 in the past. For example, I spotted that his GSA for October 2009 was 4.23.

All the best

Rob

What facility was granted for them though, wouldn't it of been D and not E

And Davey is also a UK Passport Holder, whose last PL GSA was 3.00, and is not in any other PL team's declared 1 - 7.

If it was somehow ruled that only Dan Bewley was eligible to ride at Scunny today, then would that mean that Bewley's 13 for BV Colts at Buxton this afternoon would also be annulled?

Edited by cyclone

Let the mitch-hunt recommence! Would've been funnier if he'd ridden for Ipswich!

Probably not, given that the missing rider is one of the development ones.

Edinburgh opted through choice not to use Bewley today, so E applies.

You don't get a facility if you choose not to use a rider.

Ironically, I think Davey is eligible to ride at No 7, but not to guest for someone else under 18.10 e)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Monarchs manipulating the rules nothing wrong with that apparently!

Monarchs manipulating the rules nothing wrong with that apparently!

Lewy, difference between manipulating them and breaking them. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Did Tom Perry not average over 4 in the PL on the past?

I was in the box, had a great view of it... Kerr got it by a tyre width... Unfortunately the ref chose otherwise.

• Like 1

Did Tom Perry not average over 4 in the PL on the past?

It doesn't matter, because he's not a guest!

Mitchell Davey's average was 4.23 at one point during 2009, as this reveals:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/premierleagueteams09

Might have gone even higher than that at some point - I'm sure some Glasgow fans might have a full month-by-month summary of his averages. ;)

All the nest

Rob