British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Morrissey Fan, on 16 Jul 2016 - 7:50 PM, said:Morrissey Fan, on 16 Jul 2016 - 7:50 PM, said:

I want a cash refund, this is against trade descriptions act.

I'm going to writing to Martin Lewis you thieving promoters, let me guess: a £1 admin charge to process refunds haha!

Promoters hoping some people don't bother writing in, sums up the vulturous attitude that they have towards the paying public; hang your head in shame Hemsley.

If you are waiting in the car park & not paid to get in how can you be refunded money you aint spent ?? Is the track that wet ?

Edited by BANANAMAN
  • Like 3

Absolute shambles, I was in the car park waiting for this to start.

Every cloud as they say . now you have time to visit your Girlfriend , (check up that she really is in a coma not just faking it to get away from you ) with the money youv'e saved , take your mate out for a pint , at least you'll know he's not bonking your girlfriend . then back to yours for a shed cleaning party , tomorrow with the shed nicely cleaned and safe in the knowledge your girlfriend out out of reach of the clutches of your best mate . you can get stuck into the books and get the grades for uni . winner all round . the speedway would have been Shyt anyway so count your blessings

If you are waiting in the car park & not paid to get in how can you be refunded money you aint spent ?? Is the track that wet ?

I live 10 miles south of BP not seen a drop of rain here all day

• Like 3

It sounded like the Lynne riders just didn't want to race, if it was both sides then that is fine but when 1 team pulls out they should forfit the meeting. It sounded like the rain had stopped, track a bit wet in places, what do the riders want these days wrapping in cotton woll. A few hours rain and then they shake thier heads and go home. They did not even bother to get changed. So that says a lot. Should be a full refund, it is no wonders the crowds are getting worse at meetings all over the country. It was a terrible crowd the other night on SKy.

NL rider at No2 unfavourable tricky track conditions, great call to go again another time.

Still not forgetting with a heat to go at the AFA the Lions got the meeting abandoned while getting thrashed.

Maybe the management haven't forgotten

Every cloud as they say . now you have time to visit your Girlfriend , (check up that she really is in a coma not just faking it to get away from you ) with the money youv'e saved , take your mate out for a pint , at least you'll know he's not bonking your girlfriend . then back to yours for a shed cleaning party , tomorrow with the shed nicely cleaned and safe in the knowledge your girlfriend out out of reach of the clutches of your best mate . you can get stuck into the books and get the grades for uni . winner all round . the speedway would have been Shyt anyway so count your blessings

I live 10 miles south of BP not seen a drop of rain here all day

The track looked very wet & as Glynn went round on the JCB, even that was sliding when he went round the bends. I live about 5 miles from BP & we had a very heavy shower from about 5.00-5.30 pm, but the track normally takes water very well. Judging by how wet it was I wonder if it was watered earlier in the afternoon, maybe Glyn could come on & tell us. I think the forecast was for a light shower not the heavy one we had.

We've been lied to and decived by the Leicester promotion, and I hope that the BSPA as a body clarify matters.

Leicester Speedway have refused to refund any cash tonight, saying that we must use them for the reststaging or any of the next two meetings, as they only have three left. Alternatively, we can send them in for a cash refund. When asked David Darcy said to write to the stadium for a refund. Neil Machin then appeared on the scene, and the moment he was put on the spot, he took the cowards way out, and walked away, what a way to treat his paying public!! Fair play to Mr Darcy, he stayed to continue facing the many irate fans. But then what let him down was the fact he changed his story and said we must send our tickets to the BSPA office for a refund.

He was continually asked why we couldn't have a refund there and then, and all he would say was "terms and conditions".

It was pointed out to him that no terms and conditions were printed on the tickets or at the stadium entrance. Mr Darcy then said that terms and conditions were in the programme, of which you don't purchase until after you've entered the stadium, and not everyone buys a programme anyway.

The programme actually says you can use the tickets next season too, but not according to Mr Darcy!!!!

It was pointed out to him, and I know this to be true, that some clubs refund money as you leave, but he didn't or wouldn't believe us saying it was against the sports policy. He then disappeared into the night, leaving a few hundred people bewildered, not knowing what to do.

I've always been full of praise for Leicester Speedway on all my previous postings over the past couple of years, but they've let themselves and the sport they represent down, not least us the paying public, and they should be brought to task for tonight's behaviour.

• Like 1

The track looked very wet & as Glynn went round on the JCB, even that was sliding when he went round the bends. I live about 5 miles from BP & we had a very heavy shower from about 5.00-5.30 pm, but the track normally takes water very well. Judging by how wet it was I wonder if it was watered earlier in the afternoon, maybe Glyn could come on & tell us. I think the forecast was for a light shower not the heavy one we had.

I live 10 miles south .(Hinckley ) not sen a drop of rain here all day . we must have fell just short of the rain because I see Stoke was off as well

I am really pissed off with the Leicester promotion. I went in to the staduim at 6 20 pm and the track was a mess. It was no worse at 7 20 when the meeting was postponed. Why let everybody in to the staduim in the first place? I don't hold much hope of getting a refund for the 3 admission tickets I payed for.

• Like 1

I am really pissed off with the Leicester promotion. I went in to the staduim at 6 20 pm and the track was a mess. It was no worse at 7 20 when the meeting was postponed. Why let everybody in to the staduim in the first place? I don't hold much hope of getting a refund for the 3 admission tickets I payed for.

You won't but you will get the option of a future meeting. Same happens at every club.

Edited by Starman2006

NL rider at No2 unfavourable tricky track conditions, great call to go again another time.

Still not forgetting with a heat to go at the AFA the Lions got the meeting abandoned while getting thrashed.

Maybe the management haven't forgotten

As no riders were changed i think both sets of teams were happy.Afterall i see i'm presuming the ref take Schlein and Klindt to one side had a chat and it was then immediately called.

We've been lied to and decived by the Leicester promotion, and I hope that the BSPA as a body clarify matters.

Leicester Speedway have refused to refund any cash tonight, saying that we must use them for the reststaging or any of the next two meetings, as they only have three left. Alternatively, we can send them in for a cash refund. When asked David Darcy said to write to the stadium for a refund. Neil Machin then appeared on the scene, and the moment he was put on the spot, he took the cowards way out, and walked away, what a way to treat his paying public!! Fair play to Mr Darcy, he stayed to continue facing the many irate fans. But then what let him down was the fact he changed his story and said we must send our tickets to the BSPA office for a refund.

He was continually asked why we couldn't have a refund there and then, and all he would say was "terms and conditions".

It was pointed out to him that no terms and conditions were printed on the tickets or at the stadium entrance. Mr Darcy then said that terms and conditions were in the programme, of which you don't purchase until after you've entered the stadium, and not everyone buys a programme anyway.

The programme actually says you can use the tickets next season too, but not according to Mr Darcy!!!!

It was pointed out to him, and I know this to be true, that some clubs refund money as you leave, but he didn't or wouldn't believe us saying it was against the sports policy. He then disappeared into the night, leaving a few hundred people bewildered, not knowing what to do.

I've always been full of praise for Leicester Speedway on all my previous postings over the past couple of years, but they've let themselves and the sport they represent down, not least us the paying public, and they should be brought to task for tonight's behaviour.

Agree with everything,still dont know how to get a refund yet.Bloody farcical and i will be thinking twice about going back to Leicester again.Its about time all speedway clubs started refunding admission straight away to supporters who wants it.Feel sorry for the Aussies and couple of Danes who are going back to their homelands next week :mad:

• Like 1

One of the numerous reasons why I no longer spend any of my hard-earned on speedway. It is full of people who are more than happy to do things like this. They wouldn't get away with it in other sports. :nono::mad:

You won't but you will get the option of a future meeting. Same happens at every club.

No it don't.

100% agree with all of the above - questions I have was why was fans allowed in to the stadium when clearly the track was in a bad state the start line was in a hell of a mess once the tractor went round with the blade think we all knew it wasn't going to be on - but why open the gate of the stadium ? Can only guess they need the money - these promotors never look at the bigger picture all that's happened tonight is upset fans will they return ? The Lions have 3 meetings left 2 of which we can't attend the only one we can attend and want to attend is the Stars fixture but will it be on a Saturday ? If not we can't get to that eaither so I guess that's our ticket money down the drain . Speedway in general really has to start thinking hard about the fans because there soon won't be many of us left that's willing to right off there hard earned cash .
  • Like 1

While i think Morrissey fan is a plonker,you can buy your tickets early so maybe he is correct.Bought ours at 3pm but didnt go into the stadium until 7pm.The track looked awful in truth.

How do these averages work is it every two weeks? was so surprised Starke he would of been reserve tonight with Auty in the top five.

Not according to the programme

Very disappointed this meeting was off especially as rushed back work from work in Scotland straight from Luton to Leicester get there at 7:20 track looked wet but could have been made race able but riders especially KL ones shown no interest in riding tonight very poor attitude from them.

With regards to the refunds my understanding is tickets are valid for future meetings and then at individual clubs discretion whether to offer refunds i personally can't see why at 7:40 when cash still on site they could not offer this back.

I do wonder if any customers who brought tickets with a credit or debit card could raise a dispute with their card issuer as I did this before for a concert that got cancelled on the night due to power problems I couldnt attend the restaging so card issuer refunded as services not delivered as promised.