British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Swindon 20th July 7.30pm

KING’S Lynn can give their play-off push a major shot in the arm with a win against Swindon at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday (7.30).

The Roger Warnes Transport Stars have reignited their top four ambitions with back to back wins including a tremendous away triumph at Coventry.

They will now go in search of three more vital points to close the gap on fourth-placed Lakeside to just two points.

Team boss Rob Lyon knows they can ill-afford any more slip-ups on home shale – and he is backing them to claim another important win.

Said Lyon: “We go into the meeting with a fair bit of confidence in the camp after our two wins last week.

“I certainly hope that after those two results we can keep our chances of a play-off place alive, starting on Wednesday.

“This is a key match, probably more so for us than Swindon I would say, and we’re totally focused on winning the meeting.

“There’s a good feel about the team at the moment, but ultimately it comes down to results.”

The Stars have re-introduced German ace Kai Huckenbeck into their side for the meeting at the expense of Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen.

Huckenbeck slots into the No.2 spot, with Kyle Howarth guesting at reserve in place of the injured Simon Lambert.

Meanwhile, Swindon bring in Joe Jacobs to guest for Stefan Nielsen at reserve as they aim to bounce back from a crushing 62-30 defeat at Wolverhampton on Monday.

KING’S LYNN:

1. Niels-Kristian Iversen,
  2. Kai Huckenbeck,
  3. Rory Schlein,
  4. Troy Batchelor,
  5. Robert Lambert,
  6. Kyle Howarth,
  7. Lewis Rose.

SWINDON:

1. Jason Doyle,
  2. Rohan Tungate,
  3. Justin Sedgmen,
  4. Nick Morris,
  5. Josh Grajczonek,
  6. Charles Wright,
  7. Joe Jacobs

The wife and I will be in attendance, what better way to celebrate a wedding anniversary :D:blink:

• Like 2

A massive improvement needed after the debacle last night & Swindon's best chance of away points out of the 3 this week.

Home win by at least 8 points for me.

Yes, definitely a must-win for both teams. KL seem to be in a bit of form and the Robbins were shocking at Wolves, so it's a home win for me

The wife and I will be in attendance, what better way to celebrate a wedding anniversary :D:blink:

Sure hope all goes well and you have a enjoyable night...... :t:

• Like 1

Flowers Chocs a night on the first bend at Saddlebow. And they say the age of romance is dead. 😂 Enjoy your evening Baggy

• Like 1

If it weren't for speedway eh GB

Quite right, we'd not have met if it wasn't for the 2009 PLRC!

I thought we had seen the last of Kai Huckenbeck. Am disillusioned with this chap who appears uninterested, and rides with no passion at all. Started out the season OK but has gone from bad to worse ever since. The thinking of selecting him into the side in preference to Porsing is beyond me. He has done nothing for months now. Its been so long since he performed well, I can't remember when it happened. and yet he has been selected to ride again tonight....

I thought when Busk Jacobsen joined the team, it was a breath of fresh air. He was everything you want in a new rider. A fast gater who could mix it with whoever. He scored more points in one meeting than Huckenbeck had done all year. Huckenbeck was now just a distant memory. But apparently not.......

Whatever the reasons for using Huckenbeck, they are unacceptable. When we lost at home to Coventry, He was pathetic Not only last everytime, but showed no presence or interest in the proceedings at all. To expect the public to part with their hard earnt to watch him is wrong.

I thought our season had turned the corner and we were competitive again...but now I'm not so sure...... Terrible decision......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

Maybe it is a case of needs must GRW. I guess with the form that Rose is in and Howarth coming in gives us strength at 6 &7 for what maybe 9 rides between them. Is the other fellow unavailable tonight ?

Huckenbeck, I don't get. He started off the season ok and looked full of promise going forward, he still seems to be cutting the mustard on the Continent but for whatever reason is pants in The UK. Could it be down to something simple like machinery or is it more deep rooted than that ?

Edited by semion

Watching him in the euro championship on Saturday on Eurosport shows he has a lot of ability and can race, maybe it was down to machinery issues maybe he has informed Kingslynn he will be bringing over his German gear for tonight. He is still only young let's give him a chance as jackobsen has not pulled up any trees around AFA either. think he may surprise us tonight and get a few points fingers crossed

Think this could go either way tonight. Which Robins team will turn up? If its the motley crew that flopped so badly at Wolves on Monday then the Stars could probably leave NKI to beat them on his own.

As well as wanting to win for the team there are a number of Lynn riders with personal reasons for wanting to get one over Rosco; Batch, Lewis Rose and the guest for tonight Kyle Howarth will feel they have something to prove so no lack of motivation in the Star's team. Also Robert Lambert will want to impress in front of Rosco thinking of his Team GB place.

For the Robins I think it depends on whether Rosco can motivate them. Interestingly enough Rosco said in the local press after the Wolves meeting that the team "wouldn't listen" to him when he was trying to tell them where they were going wrong during the racing. It does make you wonder if there's something awry with Rosco's relationship with the team as there have been other incidences of the riders just doing their own thing. Perhaps its the "Team Australia" thing and they'd rather just listen to Jason instead?

I'm planning on going to this - if there are any KL fans who could provide an update on the weather forecast I'd be very grateful.

Good luck to both teams tonight and let's hope for a good, competitive and safe meeting.

I'm planning on going to this - if there are any KL fans who could provide an update on the weather forecast I'd be very grateful.

Good luck to both teams tonight and let's hope for a good, competitive and safe meeting.

9am ..At the moment mate, the sun is shining and a good day expected. The forecast thundery showers is not expected here, only in the north.....

Fingers crossed........

Disappointed not to be going tonight as the course dates i was on in Huntingdon have been switched to next week.

May be a blessing in disguise mind. Can only see a thumping win for the Stars.