British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Swindon 20th July 7.30pm

have you never heard of a meeting abandoned before then. This is not the first time it has ever happened

Course I ave you bleedin Muppet muppet..it was just a shame for the coachloads of fans that made that long trip from the wild west.

All this blame floating about, one thing seems to have been forgotten.

Once the referee is in attendance he/she is in sole charge of the meeting.

That being so I assume the referee thought the track race able, that work by Buster would improve conditions and the riders views were nonsense.

Or is the referee surplus to requirements ?

• Like 1

@Justinsedgmen

Thank you @RorySchlein3 glad some one cares about riders safety ! Wasn't right the way you where spoken to as well ! Feel for ya ! #disgrace

Everyone was peed off, money lost all round,cant help the rain though.

This is not the first time this has happened at Kings Lynn. Poole were there several years ago when havvy was riding for us. There was a rain shower at 5 pm in Lynn. Nothing too bad. Got to the stadium and then watched Buster in his tractor for 2 hours making clumps of dirt the size of footballs before it was called off.

This is not the first time this has happened at Kings Lynn. Poole were there several years ago when havvy was riding for us. There was a rain shower at 5 pm in Lynn. Nothing too bad. Got to the stadium and then watched Buster in his tractor for 2 hours making clumps of dirt the size of footballs before it was called off.

This wasn't just a rain shower Shovlar, it was a thunderstorm. And nothing like u describe. Don't forget the Poole hole in the track night last year before u start ....
  • Like 1

Busters words to Schlien were . I am fed up with your f cking whinging if you don't want to ride you can f ck off. Buster also had another rant at him later.

If these are the type of comments that Chapman is making to riders is he really the man to take Speedway forward in this Country ?

Judging by the way he treated the paying public last evening I am thinking he shouldn't be let anywhere near the thing.

The guy is a total embarrassment to the Sport. Or at least what is left of it.

• Like 2

It was so obvious to any one watching, the track was not racable. There were 4 races started, and in each one there were instances of the riders in trouble. The track was wet, inconsistent and very slippery. The shale that Buster uses don't appear to work that well in the wet and the track becomes unraceable. Years ago when it rained the track stood up better as the water drained away. Now there is nowhere for the water to run, the track gets sodden and with faster bikes, there always going to be issue with safety.

We need better tracks, slower bikes and covers to keep the tracks dry..... What we don't need is Promoters accusing Riders for not racing......

I'm with you Rory........

Totally with you on this...

Speedway now has high revving bikes, that spin out of control with the slightest bit of 'DAMP...not even wet...plus they also don't like deeper tracks.

Tracks seem to be using material that doesn't like any water at all.

Combine this with your normal British weather....it all doesn't add up.

The basics of this sport are now a farce.

We run bikes that can't be raced on anything it seems, other than slick and bone dry. We use track material that doesn't combine well or drain well with a shower of rain. We have a Sport that is notorious for rain off's because of the elements, yet have never in all the years tried to find a way of protecting the track.

Put all those ingredients together...and you have got a complete no go.

Why the people that run this sport can't see it, I don't know.

Also as a rider...why put up with it? All the travel and costs for all these rain offs....complete joke of a sport now tbh.

• Like 2

So do the FIM need to look into the engines used now and how they handle on difficult tracks?

The fans are powerless, it's down to the top brass.

So do the FIM need to look into the engines used now and how they handle on difficult tracks?

The fans are powerless, it's down to the top brass.

Tracks are not difficult...unless bone dry and slick. That's not going to happen consistently unless riding indoors.

These high revving bikes make the rear wheel spin to such an extent, that they just don't grip on anything that's damp.

It's very simple...produce tracks with material that is more resistant and easier to drain from water...like in years past, introduce track protection...they found money for air fences...they can do the same. Standardise engines to certain tolerances, that are condusive to racing on a surface that isn't always bone dry and slick...it's not rocket science...is it :-)

• Like 1

Just accept facts, Speedway is finished, just being propped up by a few people willing to go and waste their hard earned money.

With the farce at KL, and the farcical running of Leicester being swept under the table, if Speedway were an animal it would have to be put down.

• Like 3

The 'after all Rory's been through' comments are irrelevant. No rider, or any other employee for that matter, should be spoken to in that way, especially by the Chairman of the BSPA. Buster may well have had a point, I don't know, I wasn't there, but what I do know is that if the comments attributed to him are correct then in any other walk of life he would be up to his neck in the smelly stuff.

• Like 1

If these are the type of comments that Chapman is making to riders is he really the man to take Speedway forward in this Country ?Judging by the way he treated the paying public last evening I am thinking he shouldn't be let anywhere near the thing.The guy is a total embarrassment to the Sport. Or at least what is left of it.

How did Buster treat the public, it was the ref surely who wanted the meeting to go ahead, Buster just did what was asked of him?

I certainly don't condone the way he spoke to Rory though, let's hope they can 'make it up'!! The riders could be asking if something needs to change with the engines they use now though?

I wonder if Schlein will ride for Kings Lynn again after that.

Tracks are not difficult...unless bone dry and slick. That's not going to happen consistently unless riding indoors.

These high revving bikes make the rear wheel spin to such an extent, that they just don't grip on anything that's damp.

It's very simple...produce tracks with material that is more resistant and easier to drain from water...like in years past, introduce track protection...they found money for air fences...they can do the same. Standardise engines to certain tolerances, that are condusive to racing on a surface that isn't always bone dry and slick...it's not rocket science...is it :-)

Perhaps I should've said patchy tracks?