British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Swindon 20th July 7.30pm

The 'after all Rory's been through' comments are irrelevant. No rider, or any other employee for that matter, should be spoken to in that way, especially by the Chairman of the BSPA. Buster may well have had a point, I don't know, I wasn't there, but what I do know is that if the comments attributed to him are correct then in any other walk of life he would be up to his neck in the smelly stuff.

Sport can get heated... the words allegedly used, is nothing compared to what I've heard pretty much at every Professional football training session I've attended. It's common day practice. And when I used to be in the pits, the air was often blue and arguments and insults flying everywhere...you need to be pumped up to do these sports, it's like going to war.

People are way too easily offended these days...it's a mans sport, they need to grow some, if they can't deal with 'in the moment, stressed heated comments'.

It's often said in the heat of the moment...and then blown out of proportion.

Perhaps I should've said patchy tracks?

No , you were right mate, I got your drift, all good :-)

• Like 1

Anyone hear what Buster had to say on Radio Norfolk this morning, around 8.30ish??

to hear on here what the chairman said to one of his own riders is downright pathetic and immature.

I would certainly applaud Rory if he walked away from Kings Lynn after that.

How old is Chapman... speaking like he did?

It sounds like it should have been called off straight away.

• Like 3

Sport can get heated... the words allegedly used, is nothing compared to what I've heard pretty much at every Professional football training session I've attended. It's common day practice. And when I used to be in the pits, the air was often blue and arguments and insults flying everywhere...you need to be pumped up to do these sports, it's like going to war.

People are way too easily offended these days...it's a mans sport, they need to grow some, if they can't deal with 'in the moment, stressed heated comments'.

It's often said in the heat of the moment...and then blown out of proportion.

No , you were right mate, I got your drift, all good :-)

When I was in work if my boss had spoken to me I would have returned it in kind, and often did. Nowadays it's a no no whether we like it or not. The fact that it's sport, is irrelevant.

• Like 1

All in all last night was a total shambles from start to finnish it reflects badly on Kinigs Lynn speedway and I'm sad to say the BSPA chairman.

When will promoters learn that fans are voting with there feet time to put the paying customers first and rider safety .

• Like 2

I'd love to hear what Chapman has to say today.. would he be wriggling around feeling a little uncomfortable.. or.... denying he was in the wrong..

Now what would have been funny is if Rory planted one on him... now that would have made me laugh.

• Like 3

Have the Aces management team issued an official statement along the lines that this is nothing to do with them, but actually all down to Kings Lynn and the BSPA Chairman's organisation and planning?😁

Think it might be appropriate.....😋

When I was in work if my boss had spoken to me I would have returned it in kind, and often did. Nowadays it's a no no whether we like it or not. The fact that it's sport, is irrelevant.

A 'no no' from who?

Too many soft liberal types, feeling offended for other people... no one knows the build up to the words said...for all we know the rider could have said worse before hand, which led up to the heated comment.

What are you going to do... carry on saying it's a 'no no' every time you see a team member swear at another team member ( employee ) in sport?

Can see it now...

Alex Ferguson to Rooney... ' get out there and put some 'f**kin effort in and stop whining about being played out of position, or you can 'f**k off right now'.

Rooney to Ferguson... 'I've consulted the British Speedway forum... I know my rights, you can't speak to me like this, I'm offended...I will be consulting my solicitor hence with and speaking to Tai woffinden about how it should be done'....strops off with tail between his legs.

Give me strength...for a sport that's participated by hard men, it seems to be followed by a band of easily offended soft liberal types, that screwed up this country long ago....all full of opinion, quick to criticise and feel easily offended for others.

At the way this is going...the Army will be being prosecuted for being at war and killing people and swearing at them....as it goes against their human rights...oh hang on a minute...Doh! Palm to face multiple times ;-)

• Like 2

Since when is Buster the Team manager. I wonder how many times Delia has told any player at Norwich To F off ?

Well she's done a 'Tai Woffinden' and sworn at 40 000 supporters over the mic...so I wouldn't put it past her.

I know she's sworn at Players Agents when being involved in deals...'along the lines of 'don't be so f**ckin stupid'...

However much people don't like it, Professional sport is still run in a very aggressive and often 'offensive' manner...that's if you are easily offended by swearing.

I get the impression many fans on here, would be swooning out of their leather chesterfields with light heads and heart palpitations if they heard the amount of swearing that went on in Sport, from Board room level down...it happens...Been there, done it, see it.

People are so easily offended these days...

• Like 1

And still I can see no criticism of the referee who according to the rules is in sole charge of the meeting?

I'm not making excuses for anyone else but surely the buck stops with the referee, both at Lynn and at Leicester or do we just have a rule book for fun?

I wonder if Schlein will ride for Kings Lynn again after that.

He would be pretty handy at Blunsdon if not and then you can get Mads back :wink:

• Like 1

He would be pretty handy at Blunsdon if not and then you can get Mads back :wink:

He could always return to Brandon instead of our young Polish rider ......

• Like 1

Under no circumstances should a promoter force riders to race on a dangerous track, even one as important as the bspa chairman.

Totally agree with that.

I assume the ref thought the track race able. Buster also thought so. The riders (or at least some of them) thought otherwise. Now we have heard Busters view, we can guess from Twitter etc what some riders thought, surely the paying public should hear from the person that ultimately decides whether the meeting goes ahead or not.

• Like 1

Riders were complaining the track was too deep going into turn 3. Surely it was like it when they done there track walk.