British Speedway Forum

Perhaps Horton will explain tonight at the NSCC

Let's hope so but expecting "discussions are on going".

Read in the star that Horton says that Sandu has been in discussions as have other interested parties .Does this mean Brandon estates are looking to sell or lease Horton also says parties other than myself are in discussions?

I do wonder if Brandon Estates think it's worth the bother especially as chances of houses in the near future are remote at best. I'm hopefuly we will hear a bit more tonight about the whole situation.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Horton as good as stated that there will be no Brandon return this season at tonight's NSSC meeting. The situation there is dead in the water, although he did mention that Brandon Estates may be willing to sell the land.

Needs 800 at Leicester to break even, although the season ticket offer will push that figure up. Sandhu isn't providing any financial support. Those two pieces of information alone tell you that it will be nigh on impossible to see the season out.

The evening descended into chaos to be honest, with quite a few people, understandably, emotional about the situation. Meeting didn't really serve any useful purpose and left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth for me.

Just come back from meeting at.Brandon club. MH confirmed that the initial agreement with Leicester if for 8 meetings. Little chance of return to Brandon this season As Sandhu and Brandon Estates are not talking and Brandon Estates refuse to co-operate with Sandhu at all. MH also told the audience that he is now aware would listen to offers to the sale of the Brandon Stadium, Sadlyl looks as though we are heading for exit. Very sad position and probably the low turn out of supporters at what is the most important meeting in this campaign My main point is that MH stresses Sandhu is still in love with Coventry Bees but sold it to Brandon Estates without an offer to MH or to someone who could have continued to pursue speedway and any other sporting activities. Sandhu sold it to Brandon Estates who MH said Sandhu knows. Nameless people who now who won't allow Sandhu access, strange???.

Edited by abbo

Made notes as best as I could......happy to be corrected if anybody who was there thinks I got something wrong.

Unless Brandon Estates sell the stadium there will be no return! They are willing to sell and have already had talks with two people/parties but Mick doesn't think these were successful.

Mick estimates getting Brandon up to scratch would cost £100,000 which he alone cannot afford.

Mick said Sandhu knows Brandon Estates but cannot comment any further and said there's been a breakdown in communication between them. Brandon Estates won't let Sandhu back in to stadium.

Speedway could not survive on its own without stock cars and/or other events or use of site/facilities.

Asked if he'd sell the club back to Sandhu he said, yes, he'd sell to anybody for the good of the club who had the best intentions.

Needs crowds of 800 to break even at Leicester. More than that if many take up the £100 for 8 meetings offer.

Confusion over whether the stadium was sold for £2.2m or £2.7m (immaterial) but Mick said it wasn't offered to him otherwise "he'd have snapped his hand off".

He said he wanted to speak during the last few months but was advised to keep quiet by Brandon Estates, Sandhu & Rugby Council.

The meeting did get a bit untidy at one point but everybody had a chance to ask their questions or make a point.

Edited by oleoleole

Confusion over whether the stadium was sold for £2.2m or £2.7m (immaterial) but Mick said it wasn't offered to him otherwise "he'd have snapped his hand off".

not interested in Mick Horton one way or another, but if he has that sort of money why weren't riders being paid?

• Like 1

Made notes as best as I could......happy to be corrected if anybody who was there thinks I got something wrong.

Unless Brandon Estates sell the stadium there will be no return! They are willing to sell and have already had talks with two people/parties but Mick doesn't think these were successful.

Mick estimates getting Brandon up to scratch would cost £100,000 which he alone cannot afford.

Mick said Sandhu knows Brandon Estates but cannot comment any further and said there's been a breakdown in communication between them. Brandon Estates won't let Sandhu back in to stadium.

Speedway could not survive on its own without stock cars and/or other events or use of site/facilities.

Asked if he'd sell the club back to Sandhu he said, yes, he'd sell to anybody for the good of the club who had the best intentions.

Needs crowds of 800 to break even at Leicester. More than that if many take up the £100 for 8 meetings offer.

He said he wanted to speak during the last few months but was advised to keep quiet by Brandon Estates, Sandhu & Rugby Council.

The meeting did get a bit untidy at one point but everybody had a chance to ask their questions or make a point.

So he can afford £2.2 million but not £100,000?
  • Like 4

Interesting that Brandon Estates seem willing to sell, Rugby Council suggested they could buy the land in the past. As for the break even figure is 800 achievable? It's going to be difficult but we would need to have a decent start of the season to get near that figure. It pretty much sums up what I thought regarding Sandhu and Brandon Estates, they don't get on and this is the reason we are where we are. 2 parties squabbling will close our club.

not interested in Mick Horton one way or another, but if he has that sort of money why weren't riders being paid?

I guess that was an emotional answer rather than an actual he could. He did say he couldn't afford the 100k for repairs on his own . Edited by woz01

So, pretty much what most people on here thought was the situation. No chance of a Brandon return this season - even if somebody put up the £100,000 to "refurbish" the stadium and taking action to do it now. Unless Leicester extend their offer of track sharing for the rest of the season where does that leave the Bees? Track sharing elsewhere? And how much will this news affect Coventry attendances at B.P.? Back in the many questions - few answers Sargasso Sea of speedway!

Anything about sponsorship?

800 to break even but we do have a match v Leicester which I'm sure will help get us close to averaging 800. Say each home meeting we get 500-700 (plausible?) then around 1,500-2,000 for the Leicester match would get us close ish to the 800 figure. Also have a Poole fixture in that.

Edited by woz01

So he can afford £2.2 million but not £100,000?

you do have to pea yourself laughing how people get taken in by his guff i'll never know

• Like 1

Very much looks like the end unfortunately. Track sharing at Leicester merely prolongs the death throes!!

So with the spite Sandhu showed by vandalising the stadium he has succeeded in bringing an end to Brandon stadium.

Words can't discribe what I think of him.

• Like 5