British Speedway Forum

Stadium looks pretty much like Hyde Road when Stuart Bamforth had finished with it.

Wash your mouth out, friend.

We don't want that man's name mentioned around these parts.

:mad:

One can only imagine what the Coventry riders are thinking... :neutral:

• Like 1

Disappointed with BBC Coventry and Warwickshire. Jeremy Heaver was providing a detailed and eloquent explanation of the situation until the presenter rudely cut him off to go to the travel and to play a 50 odd year old pop song.

Unbelievable.

I think he got the message across despite the interruption :lol: .For those who were prepared to listen and digest of course.

I understand that but it's still robbed the fans of their sport (I can't see any way back).

I don't agree, Heaver sounded pretty sincere & believable.

Horton has been stalling & changing agreements.

The crux of it all is Horton couldn't afford to run speedway alone at £350,000 a season.

Horton is the problem here

• Like 3

One can only imagine what the Coventry riders are thinking... :neutral:

It's staggering isn't it?!

This is how low they are prepared to stoop... :mad:

• Like 2

They had no choice to do that. Tomorrow is their last day as lease holders.

If they didn't get their property removed by then Horton gets the lot for free, that isn't right or fair

They didn't have to rip out the seats then smash them to bits or rip out the bar fitting and put them in a skip. They did though.

<p>

So Jeremy Heaver states:

• Sandhu was a major part in Horton getting the lease at a reduced cost of just £50,000 per year
  • Sandhu was an integral part of getting the sponsorship packages agreed for next season
  • Stox have been trying to agree a deal for 16 weeks but Horton keeps changing the position
  • Horton was warned that if a deal isn't agreed with Stox the fixture & fitting will be removed by 30th November
  • These fixture & fittings were set aside to be used as & when a new stadium could be found
  • The running costs of the stadium per year is £300,000 to which Sandhu is prepared to underwrite
  • If a deal can be reached by tonight between the Bees & Stox Sandhu will replace everything at his own cost

Then why doesn't Sandhu want the lease if he's prepared to do all that?

• Like 2

They didn't have to rip out the seats then smash them to bits or rip out the bar fitting and put them in a skip. They did though.

Then why doesn't Sandhu want the lease if he's prepared to do all that?

And what caused then to do that though? Looks to me like Horton started this ball rolling.

They were never going to walk away and leave anything that that hadn't been sold with the stadium.

If Horton signs an agreement tonight he will get all new seats and bar fittings. Sounds like a deal to me. :D

The day Sandhu bought Coventry I thought they were done I didn't think for one moment a Malay business man would have any interest in Running a Speedway team. However the first few years he was there he improved the stadium a lot (as great as the Ochiltree family were they left the stadium to rot) provided great teams, 3 league titles I believe and it wasnt till his fall out with the BSPA there were any problems. Find it hard to believe he is at fault here. He's probably just had enough of dealing with idiots.

• Like 2

First attended a Speedway meeting at Belle Vue around 1973 / 74 , it was against the Coventry Bees led by Booey in his famous blue leathers , and donning the equally famous 'fighting bee' race jacket , sincerely hope this isnt the end for the Bees , .

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

The day Sandhu bought Coventry I thought they were done I didn't think for one moment a Malay business man would have any interest in Running a Speedway team. However the first few years he was there he improved the stadium a lot (as great as the Ochiltree family were they left the stadium to rot) provided great teams, 3 league titles I believe and it wasnt till his fall out with the BSPA there were any problems. Find it hard to believe he is at fault here. He's probably just had enough of dealing with idiots.

Agree, the source of all this is winter of discontent when Matt Ford was seeking retribution for Coventry winning the league.

• Like 6

Sandhu has never denied buying it for redevelopment...in fact he said it on live tv ... a greyhound meeting on Eurosport from Brandon

• Like 1

Season ticket prices set for Coventry Bees 2017, Adults £5000 Children under 2 £1000 teenagers 3-14 £ 2500 concessions over 65,s £10,000 , take advantage of these discounted loyalty prices before christmas 2016, send your applications to Kcim Notroh dodgy offshore bank account Jersey ASAP.

Was there the night Tatum was riding, wanted the Meeting called off, as he was Captain of Lakeside, got the Ref down a couple of times, threw his toys out of the pram, Sandhu calmly says to the Ref, if you call it off, there will never be another lap raced on the track, Meeting resumed, Bees won.Sandhu genuinely loved the Bees, then the vultures shafted him and the rest is history.

• Like 1

Was there the night Tatum was riding, wanted the Meeting called off, as he was Captain of Lakeside, got the Ref down a couple of times, threw his toys out of the pram, Sandhu calmly says to the Ref, if you call it off, there will never be another lap raced on the track, Meeting resumed, Bees won.Sandhu genuinely loved the Bees, then the vultures shafted him and the rest is history.

Yup, a real shame.