British Speedway Forum

So today's the day the teddy bears have thier picnick. Can't wait to see if it actually happens this time. How many times have they promissed an outcome.

Lost count. We can ill afford to any more clubs. At any level of the sport, even more so the like of a team like the Bees. Thay have been buzzing around forever. Lets hope today produces so very good honey. If not honey some sweet words would go a long way to making a lot of fans happy.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Any sign of a statement yet ? No ..

That's not entirely correct though Robert, is it.....?

Many different factors... have conspired to Speedways fall from grace..

Most of those "factors" can be attributed to successive inept promotion(s) though.

So today's the day the teddy bears have thier picnick...

And if it's not today, then it might be tomorrow...or another day ending in a "y"

Maybe so, but there are still participants in full view of the fans possibly running etc. So something is happening.

Contrast that with speedway where the participants are in the pits mainly hidden from public view and fans have to look at a centre green/grey whilst listening to banal music and nothing else.

Star Lady, surely if you're counting football as 90 minutes, then you have to count the amount of time that speedway bikes are out on the track for a race. I reckon it's about 3 minutes most of the time. So that's 45 minutes, not 90.

All the best

Rob

with Horton at the helm you wont be getting and news or any resolution that makes you Bees happy...

The Horton brothers are wreckers of Speedway heritage..

• Like 3

Star Lady, surely if you're counting football as 90 minutes, then you have to count the amount of time that speedway bikes are out on the track for a race. I reckon it's about 3 minutes most of the time. So that's 45 minutes, not 90.

All the best

Rob

Fair comment but that still leaves about an hour and 15 minutes looking at nothing.

What's wrong with you? You can always look at the tractors going round and round. :lol:

• Like 2

Fair comment but that still leaves about an hour and 15 minutes looking at nothing.

I think some delay is inevitable - football doesn't need to have work on the pitch undertaken during the match, for example.

Having said that, two hours is the very maximum it should take to run and a norm should be 90 minutes. Every effort should be made to cut down unnecessary time lapses, intervals being the main one.

No fan likes them and there are many - including me - who can't stand them. We can only hope that at some point in the future promoters learn that what they take at food bars they lose at the turnstiles.

I went to a meeting at Birmingham last March. On an absolute freezing night, we had a 20 minute interval. That's just ridiculous.

• Like 2

Fair comment but that still leaves about an hour and 15 minutes looking at nothing.[/quote

Speedway may only be 15 minutes, but still better than 90 minutes of divas kicking a wind bag. Yawnnnnnn !!

• Like 4

I agree there seems little point in intervals these days, and the interminable delay between heats 14 and 15 on a freezing cold night is not fan friendly . In many cases I get the feeling that once you are in the Stadium little regard is given to those that have paid to come in.

Any sign of a statement yet ? No ..

Burning the midnight oil with fans forefront in their minds as always.

• Like 1

I agree there seems little point in intervals these days, and the interminable delay between heats 14 and 15 on a freezing cold night is not fan friendly . In many cases I get the feeling that once you are in the Stadium little regard is given to those that have paid to come in.

I think for clubs that rent their stadium the stadium owners probably insist on an interval to make some food and drink money.

• Like 1

I think for clubs that rent their stadium the stadium owners probably insist on an interval to make some food and drink money.

And to let track staff go and get a hot/cold drink, and loo break...

• Like 3

So today's the day the teddy bears have thier picnick. Can't wait to see if it actually happens this time. How many times have they promissed an outcome.

Lost count. We can ill afford to any more clubs. At any level of the sport, even more so the like of a team like the Bees. Thay have been buzzing around forever. Lets hope today produces so very good honey. If not honey some sweet words would go a long way to making a lot of fans happy.

To be fair they haven't promised a statement, just said they're having a meeting. :)

• Like 2

As far as I am aware, in many cases there is no obligation to do so but some do as a matter of good will.

On the other hand, tracks that own their stadiums - Eastbourne & King's Lynn come to mind - have them.

And to let track staff go and get a hot/cold drink, and loo break...

Bad enough putting riders interests over fans but track staff ????