British Speedway Forum

And to let track staff go and get a hot/cold drink, and loo break...

Well if they got on with the meeting the staff wouldn't need a loo break or a drink. :P I travel from Leicester to Coventry, watch the match and 2nd half if there is one then drive back again all without any urgent need to visit the loo.

Well if they got on with the meeting the staff wouldn't need a loo break or a drink. :P I travel from Leicester to Coventry, watch the match and 2nd half if there is one then drive back again all without any urgent need to visit the loo.

Arn't you lucky..

Bad enough putting riders interests over fans but track staff ????

Your point is ?

In the meantime, we still await a statement..

Edited by Starman2006

And to let track staff go and get a hot/cold drink, and loo break...

This little light hearted exchange shows the divergence in opinions. IMO number 1 priority is riders safety and number 2 is the paying public.

To be fair they haven't promised a statement, just said they're having a meeting. :)

Agree, and I would rather they still keep talking when there is hope, rather a confirmation that a speedway has closed. Some on here would seem to rather hear the bad news instead of good news. Strange fans, those that seem to care, but don't go to meetings.

• Like 4

Agree, and I would rather they still keep talking when there is hope, rather a confirmation that a speedway has closed. Some on here would seem to rather hear the bad news instead of good news. Strange fans, those that seem to care, but don't go to meetings.

You do get that feel, having said that, if no aggreement has been made, nothing wrong with a brief statement saying

"Negotiations are still in progress"

That's all that's needed to inform the fans that they haven't been forgotten about!

That's all.....

sport on CW radio reported Wayne Roberts as saying the meeting still on hope to be able to report later?

What we do not know is whom the meeting is between, or what it is about for that matter !!. Could be about continued use of Brandon or move to Leicester.

• Like 1

Nope, don't have any interest in watching Wobblers, I was brought up on Bruce, Erik & Jan O. Bit of a come down #speedwaysnob

I don't often post on these matters but may I just say. No problem with #speedwaysnobs but, you were only able to watch Bruce Pennall, Jan O and Erik Gundersen at their best because someone was prepared to pay to watch them wobble .............in their home countries.

Good Luck to Coventry

Edited by TMW

What we do not know is whom the meeting is between, or what it is about for that matter !!. Could be about continued use of Brandon or move to Leicester.

Hence the reason why thy can't say who is in the discussions so as to what the option might be. Far better keep it behind doors when the resolution is viable and acceptable, and the deal that can be achieved for the fans and the continuation of speedway in the area. No News is good news.

• Like 1

and if a statement came out saying they were still in discussions you'd still get people moan saying they already know that and why don't they give a proper statement!

and if a statement came out saying they were still in discussions you'd still get people moan saying they already know that and why don't they give a proper statement!

And people would have every right to moan. This has dragged on long enough..

Urine a minority

• Like 4

Ah, yes, but you are a woman, you're trained for this at your mother's knee. We blokes can always go behind a bush, so our bladders have never had to learn restraint.

Regarding track staff, aren't they mostly volunteer? If so, they'd come above both riders and spectators in my pecking order (P**ing order??).

• Like 2

Ah, yes, but you are a woman, you're trained for this at your mother's knee. We blokes can always go behind a bush, so our bladders have never had to learn restraint.

Regarding track staff, aren't they mostly volunteer? If so, they'd come above both riders and spectators in my pecking order (P**ing order??).

Without them nothing would get done mate, so there would be no speedway.

Bad enough putting riders interests over fans but track staff ????

Without whom you wouldn't have a meeting remember, and most if not all come straight to the track from work and get stuck in, shame you have to begrudge them a loo break or/and a drink!!

• Like 1