British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Should Greg Hancock Ride For Usa?

No it wasn't.He remains unknown even now,as neither i nor scb can remember his name :rofl:

think we all know that John Cook rode in Sweden many years after he stopped riding in the UK except for a brief spell with KL but what do I know you are obviously the font of all knowledge

Must have been around 2006-ish

No it wasn't.He remains unknown even now,as neither i nor scb can remember his name :rofl:

Sure we do.I am obviously not talking about John Cook.The conversation was about newcomers coming to Europe and riding in leagues other than the British ones.Whatever the guys name was he rode i am fairly sure (as i have had this convo with Ghostie before)..... in about 2006 and wasn't a success.....

What about Slabon?He came over from Canada and started in Europe in Poland,as an example?

Edited by iris123

Sure we do.I am obviously not talking about John Cook.The conversation was about newcomers coming to Europe and riding in leagues other than the British ones.Whatever the guys name was he rode i am fairly sure (as i have had this convo with Ghostie before)..... in about 2006 and wasn't a success.....

What about Slabon?He came over from Canada and started in Europe in Poland,as an example?

probably because he had Polish roots, if he was just a random Canadian then no chance

What the FIM can do, and made perfectly clear on Friday and Saturday that they will, is come done very hard on individual riders and teams who blatantly attempt to "fix" a race in order to use/avoid a Joker ride. Team managers were warned that heavy fines and licence suspensions would be imposed for such behaviour.

Is there some sort of International Law that insists that Sports authority bodies are populated by total numbskulls?

In this case they actually made something up like Jokers that had not existed in our sport for its first seventy years.

And then they blame the riders and team managers for using the rules that they created.

If you write it into the rules.

How the hell can you complain when it produces entirely predictable outcomes.

If it doesn't work properly, then put right the error in the rules.

And even now, their best attempt is to threaten people for doing this 'blatantly'.

Of course as it is so difficult to police, so they will always allow those who can do it so well that it is less obvious.

How very sporting of them.

THEY create the rules that determine how their competitions work.

No one else

So noone else to blame, is there?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Matt Browne (?)

Could well be

Realistically the USA have achieved their objective, which was to qualify for the race-off and secure automatic qualification for next years semi-final.

That was their goal, they achieved it.

Tonight, they know they have next to no chance of finishing anything other than last given the level of competition. The idea is clearly to blood a couple of young riders in Broc Nicol and Luke Becker to give them a taste of a big event, show them the levels they have to reach and help them understand they can't sit back and rest and must continue to work to improve.

It's disappointing for the fans but there is a logic to it.

I am a fan of G H but this stinks. If he really wanted to give the youngsters a shot at glory he would have been in the pits with his mechanic making sure that the bikes were properly set up and telling the youngsters where and how to ride on a totally different track to their normal one. I suppose the money was not special enough

I am a fan of G H but this stinks. If he really wanted to give the youngsters a shot at glory he would have been in the pits with his mechanic making sure that the bikes were properly set up and telling the youngsters where and how to ride on a totally different track to their normal one. I suppose the money was not special enough

What I was thinking as well.

Hancock also has never ridden this Belle Vue this decision is madness to be honest.Does he not owe the other Nations that Germany would of qualified speedway at times is a complete joke does he get fined.??

When racing in a new SGP venue , he has never ridden the track before .... Warsaw / Horsens. etc

I admired Greg Hancock until last Saturday when that admiration swiftly disappeared ..... He let his British fans down enormously ,

A Penhall / White City moment where he undoubtedly lost a lot of fans ..

If he truly wanted to give the youngsters a chance then he should have ridden , then drop over the hill Janniro and put the two young riders in.

He could then have given the youngsters the benefit of his advice during the meeting .... then they might have learnt something as opposed to be just humiliated

Edited by KIRKYLANE
  • Like 2

Why are people shocked Hancock has let fans down? This is the man who walked out on Oxford on the day of the play-offs remember. And quit Reading mid-season. He never has give a rubbish about the fans.

Edited by SCB

To be fair, Greg never quit Reading mid-season. He was only signed to ride until May, BSI conveniently forgot to mention that though at the start of that fateful season they pulled the plug halfway through.

• Like 1

the fixing is slowing down for 1 point less . not getting excluded and losing 3 , and it's also subjective to who are are dropping points to .

It's rooted in the Elite League though, isn't it......

When a rider rides as the Tac Sub, if his team mate is ahead of him, he will slow to allow the Tac Sub rider to pass and therefore get more points..

That needs binning first....

probably because he had Polish roots, if he was just a random Canadian then no chance

Chris Slabon's father was Robert (who rode for Eastbourne in 1981?) and was Polish but emigrated to Canada.

It's rooted in the Elite League though, isn't it......

When a rider rides as the Tac Sub, if his team mate is ahead of him, he will slow to allow the Tac Sub rider to pass and therefore get more points..

That needs binning first....

You're really not thinking things through are you... you'd be binning team riding following that line of thinking.

If they really must insist on their silly Joker, they should at least make it programmed rides only.

At it is, you can gain 5 points by slowing to allow someone to pass, which could allow a double point TS in place of a rider who might score 0.

At least with a TS or Joker only, you are only making a maximum of 2 points so there is less to gain from dropping back.