British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Should Greg Hancock Ride For Usa?

If it was always the plan for Hancock to drop out of the race off as reported by Pesrson on TV why did no one think to let the paying fans know.

Shows once again the esteem that riders/officials think of the fans ggggrrrrrrrrr

Depends if you believe that or not!

I don't believe more than 10% that comes out of his mouth....that just about covers which heat it is and he even gets that wrong!!!

Apparently Hancock has offered his support by Twitter , and people have a go at tai

• Like 1

Ok... so there seems to be some contradictory information going out here.... on TV Pearson claimed Lance King said it was the plan all along, yet at 6:04pm on Twitter the man himself said it was his late decision - https://twitter.com/GregHancock45/status/759072041345572864

I made a late decision to hand over my Team USA place in tonight's race off to one of our great…

Totally ridiculous decision.

If course it's understandable that the youngsters get some vital experience but it this REALLY the place to be doing it?

Makes the USA look like a joke team in all honesty.

In fairness Becker looks promising for the future.

• Like 3

Hancock is a grinning fraud, and always has been. I truly hope the USA get a serious ban now, the British fans deserve better than this..

• Like 5

If he genuinely wanted to let the kids , he should have been there to advise them , not sat at home in Sweden

• Like 6

well I bet the youngsters learnt a lot from that tonight!

I am pretty sure they did actually.

Luke Becker looks quite promising, he isn't that far off the pace.

I am pretty sure they did actually.

Luke Becker looks quite promising, he isn't that far off the pace.

I agree, they didn't seem totally out of place, but could they learn that much racing around at the back like that? I think everyone is off the same mind, if Greg really wanted them to learn why was he not there advising them in the pits.

• Like 3

As I explained earlier, Event 2 was the important one for the USA as by qualifying for the race-off they are already qualified for next years semi.

Had they lost to Germany, they would have to qualify.

Reaching the race-off was their goal, they have no chance of going further so this is an opportunity to give some riders experience.

I can see the reasoning, but personally I don't agree with it and think it undermines the tournament. Greg was a bit of a wildcard tonight, with whomever on the other teams could take pts of him playing a big factor.

I see the logic, but find it flawed.

It's like teams in football who fight to get into the Europa League and then play their reserves when they're in it.

At least it meant Monstrous Joe didn't have divided loyalties tonight and could spend the night rooting for the Aussies.

Whatever the reasons, the loss of Hancock and pedersen tonight definitely devalued the event. It's the fans that attended I feel sorry for.

• Like 4

I see the logic, but find it flawed.

It's like teams in football who fight to get into the Europa League and then play their reserves when they're in it.

At least it meant Monstrous Joe didn't have divided loyalties tonight and could spend the night rooting for the Aussies.

would I want to do business with Sapphire whatever .. definitely not

would I want to do business with Sapphire whatever .. definitely not

There's winners

And then there are losers...

The Australians tonight were winners..

Perhaps they could have taken your advice and been....

Whatever the reasons, the loss of Hancock and pedersen tonight definitely devalued the event. It's the fans that attended I feel sorry for.

Totally agree. The supporters who turn up are a secondary thought as far as some are concerned. Why we put up with being given two fingers by some of the riders does make you wonder. Still, no loyalty by most riders when it comes to the average punter, just taking the proverbial. Sad really and little wonder that numbers are dwindling when they show such contempt.

• Like 1