British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Coventry Bees, Sat 6th Aug 16 @ 19.30

Forget the rules the public are the ones who suffer.Many more incidents like tonight you might not have a sport to support soon.

Then Coventry shouldn't agree to the fixture!
  • Like 2

What's wrong with Tuesdays in the UK, can't remember the last top flight club to race on a Tuesday??

Inless it was us at Blackbird Rd in the old days? Why is it not used these days?

Forget the rules the public are the ones who suffer.Many more incidents like tonight you might not have a sport to support soon.

So Leicester haven`t a fixture next Saturday- run it then Guest for Harris on GP duty. Everyone`s happy(apart from Harris who misses a pay day !!)

• Like 2

What's wrong with Tuesdays in the UK, can't remember the last top flight club to race on a Tuesday??

Inless it was us at Blackbird Rd in the old days? Why is it not used these days?

tuesday is the top flight race night in Sweden.

Sidney the robin, on 06 Aug 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

So you believe these crazy rules are more important than the speedway fan is that right?.16/17 quid to watch a team without there no 1 a disgrace to be honest taking the p... out of the hard-core fan.

Some supporters will vote with there feet ..its the 16/17 quid to watch 9 premier league riders which a few fellow fans don't like . If its a good meeting & your entertained who cares whose riding ?? Anything can happen on the night 60-30 or 30-60 !

The rules are not crazy- 3 riders in Euro`s who ride Elite- Kasprzak, Andersen and Kylmakorpi. bit more forsight by the fixture planners( and Coventry) could have avoided this clash.

This fixture was arranged last January. KK's qualifying round for the Euro finals did not take place until May.

as long as you get to see some decent speedway ( says that with tongue firmly in cheek ,considering the venue ) , what does it matter ,neither team has a snowballs of the playoffs ,so the result is pretty much Immaterial

• Like 2

I'll be happy if the racing is half as good as last night. It confirmed my opinion that Speedway riders are all mad because there was some pretty scary stuff. :lol:

Then Coventry shouldn't agree to the fixture!

Is winning all you worry about "lisa? for me tonight is a rip off to the public.I dont care that much who wins speedway is a ENTERTAINMENT that always comes first in my book.
  • Like 1

Is winning all you worry about "lisa? for me tonight is a rip off to the public.I dont care that much who wins speedway is a ENTERTAINMENT that always comes first in my book.

But if Horton was as bothered as you are he wouldn't have agreed to the fixture in the first place. It could have been avoided, the rules aren't the problem (for once!)

But if Horton was as bothered as you are he wouldn't have agreed to the fixture in the first place. It could have been avoided, the rules aren't the problem (for once!)

How was Horton meant to know? The EL fixture are usually in place just after Xmas whilst the qualifiers for the SEC don't even start until April.

I can see why Leicester wouldn't want fixture moved. However can see it affecting the attendance and the excitement of the meeting.

The rules however could be a big help for Lakeside as they are due to race us home & away with no KK or facility so will be 7pts towards their play off push which puts pressure on Swindon and Poole

How was Horton meant to know? The EL fixture are usually in place just after Xmas whilst the qualifiers for the SEC don't even start until April.

I can see why Leicester wouldn't want fixture moved. However can see it affecting the attendance and the excitement of the meeting.

The rules however could be a big help for Lakeside as they are due to race us home & away with no KK or facility so will be 7pts towards their play off push which puts pressure on Swindon and Poole

Sorry how does this put pressure on Poole?

This fixture was arranged last January. KK's qualifying round for the Euro finals did not take place until May.

Why agree to a date that there was a chance one of your guys could be missing? Or did we just assume KK would have a bad season and not make the Euros?

It's poor planning, nothing else. The rules are fine but the Coventrys managements inability to plan anything is the problem here.

Sorry how does this put pressure on Poole?

As Wolves have more home meetings to come whilst Poole need points away and haven't been very good so far away from home.

• Like 1