British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

In what respect? And character of who?

I know for a fact that dazzafl is a personal friend of Tai, so you can't be referring to him.

It's not as simple as starman made out and I didn't mention Wolves so why he mentioned them in response to me is anyone's guess...but we all know (too much) about his character so it can't be him.

robert72 continues to post tripe about Tai, so it's not him.

And the irony comment is spot on IMO, so that's 4 out of 4.

Speaking of trolls, you seem to be following me about rather a lot recently missy poos :P:D:lol:

I think it's more the fact that it's been touted the reason why Tai has decided against riding for Team GB next year rather than an equal split being factually correct.

So I'm a troll now?? Ha, ha brilliant! :D I'm just debating this thread topic with you, cos I struggle to understand the logic of your POV.

• Like 4

Probably because he is the best Speedway Rider THIS COUNTRY has produced in many years. He represents the Sport and Great Britain mostly very well. He cocks up from time to time - who doesn't?

As far as which Meetings he rides - that is surely up to him. As long as he is winning World Championships for Great Britain - "frankly orion I couldn't give a damn".

(to paraphrase Rhett Butler).

In the context in which I made the comment - I stand by it one hundred percent.

I was paraphrasing Rhett Butler - a fictional character in 'Gone with the Wind'.

Strong words for someone who " Couldn't give a damn "

I used the Quote to emphasise my point.

I would like you to quote where I said that, and on what subject please.

You may be right - but I don't remember saying that, nor the context.

Thank you for Posting this as requested.

This post

I Posted a light hearted comment - obviously I must be more careful with my Quotes in future. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So I'm a troll now?? Ha, ha brilliant! :D I'm just debating this thread topic with you, cos I struggle to understand the logic of your POV.

Tongue in cheek Lisa...the emoji's were a subtle (well pretty obvious really!) clue. DOH! lol.

Woffinden has a habit of saying things to suit him. Look at the article in the Sun where he said he rode for nothing. Even Darcy Ward called him out on that rubbish.

My source is correct, regardless of what is being denied. And it proves he is no team player by wanting more than 25% of the prize money. There is no I in team. There certainly is no Tai in team. But there is a me.

Woffinden has bought it all on himself. A real shame.

You keep believing what you've been told, I have a different opinion from a more reliable source than some one that can't be named (and shamed).

Oh and as for the supposedly Darcy Ward Facebook post :rofl: If you really believe it was Darcy then any credibility you did have has gone...dear oh dear oh dear.

The one poster on here who knows Tai personally just defends him relentlessly , so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, you only get the good news stories. Maybe his decision to retire from this topic and join Tai in the shadows tells its own story. If Tai Woffinden did have a genuine issue with the BSPA's running of Team GB during the World Cup then it would be out by now. I think most people around Tai Woffinden just want this story to go away

The reason he does that is because he's a loyal friend and that's what friends do. I know the reasons why he's 'retired' from this forum, however I can't say who my source is :rofl:

Edited by chris4gillian

So, based on what's been said on here, Alex Hales got a bigger payday in the 4th one day international against Pakistan the other day, because he scored over twice as many runs than any other team member!!

I cannot believe that anyone would think that the prize money in the speedway world cup would be divided any other way than an equal percentage for each team member, and perhaps a reduced payment for a non riding reserve....

Well, actually Alex Hales was probably paid less than some other members of thethe team as he is on an incremental contract http://www.thepca.co.uk/england_contracts.html

The key thing is it is transparent. I find it hard to believe that there wasn't clarity beforehand,and it is a sad indictment of speedway compared to other top level sport if the competitors didn't know (or if they were concerned, didn't ask) what the financial agreement and other terms were before the event.

Lets be fair as soon as his best mate came on and argued for riders to be paid per point then it pretty much confirmed that story.

• Like 6

Oh and as for the supposedly Darcy Ward Facebook post :rofl: If you really believe it was Darcy then any credibility you did have has gone...dear oh dear oh dear.

Did you even bother to look at the post......it was evidently posted from his profile.

Did you even bother to look at the post......it was evidently posted from his profile.

Yes I did and again if you really believe it was Darcy himself then that's your prerogative, I however don't believe it was...which is my prerogative.

Yes I did and again if you really believe it was Darcy himself then that's your prerogative, I however don't believe it was...which is my prerogative.

It was a post that was written and posted via his Facebook page, to suggest it was him hardly removes someone’s credibility….

Of course it was written by Darcy. Does someone actually believe his facebook account was hacked so someone could just make a post against Woffinden? Darcy was just peed off with all the bullcrap Woffinden was sprouting. Even Batchelor came on that thread and liked one of the replies.

I know my post about the points money is 100% correct and true. Even Woffindens pal has argued that is the way it should be next year, which as Savalascloutingu21champ has pointed out it more or less confirms my info.

I cannot divulge my source which leaves the nay sayers with ammunition to dismiss what I have said. But for those that wanted to know one of the main reasons, well that's been cleaned up.

FWIW I prefer to believe the word of people I have known (on and off the net) for quite a number of years rather than people I have never met and know only from some rants on BSF. We all have to make our own minds up as to who we believe.

For the record I've never met Gavan, Chris4gillian, Robert72 or Dazzafl :wink:, doesn't mean I don't believe some of what they say, simply that I put more credence into what's said by folk I know.

Edited by Star Lady

Not seen anywhere Darcy denying the comment so it's clear he said it.

Time to accept it.

I know for a fact that what you've been told SS is simply not true, maybe you (unlike robert72) might have the balls to ask Tai yourself face to face the next time Wolves are at Wimborne Road...possibly during the play offs should we be facing them? Or are you going to Monmore next Monday? If so, you can speak to him then. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see you shot down in flames :lol: My source is a personal friend of Tai's, yours is a 'fictitious' somebody who you won't name but are happy to quote. Utterly and completely laughable.

Oh and I don't accept something I know isn't true robert72. Like the fact I don't accept you are an ex-rider who lined up against ex-world champions...something else that simply isn't true.

As for 'Darcygate' you guys believe what you wish, just Iike I myself do.

As for 'Darcygate' you guys believe what you wish, just Iike I myself do.

:lol:

That’s mental, there is no “Darcygate”

:lol:

That’s mental, there is no “Darcygate”

Nope, but there is a good chance there is Darcy 'messing around' which he and Tai have been known to do to each other before..