British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinht

Kings Lynn V Swindon 18/8

2 days away and no team news as normal?

Will NKI be there, Jacobsen or Huckenbeck and who is stepping in at reserve? To many unknowns to have a stab a score, but hoping weather will be better than last attempt.

No Lambert or Rose.

Thought King's Lynn came before Newcastle for those 2,or is it because it's a re-arranged fixture.

Thought King's Lynn came before Newcastle for those 2,or is it because it's a re-arranged fixture.

We moan about missing riders to overseas fixtures, and yet the Elite and Premier Leagues cannot get their own houses in order fixture wise!!

You couldn't make it up.......!!!!

• Like 3

Yep, let's hope we have some good replacements. How we need a win ....

Rearranged meeting so Newcaslte take priority.

So really apart from Schlein and Troy, no one else is guaranteed!

Rearranged meeting so Newcaslte take priority.

So really apart from Schlein and Troy, no one else is guaranteed!

If it rains, there's no guarantee they will turn up either!

• Like 1

Yep, let's hope we have some good replacements. How we need a win ....

I would go with Kerr and Starke as EDRs,and no doubt Nicholls may get a call.I would prefer Nicholls to R/R anyway.

Definitely Nicholls would be a good call. We are too weak to use R/R.

At times, the BSPA is beyond belief. Surely, it should be irrelevant who fixture was arranged first, Lambert and Rose are Lynn riders, riding on their proper race night and the Elite league club cant use their own riders.

2 questions come into play here; 1, Why has the PL club got first call on a double up riders on our race day, 2,If that be the case why re-arranged a fixture knowing these riders will be missing...

Not only are Lambert and Rose two big crowd draws at the AFA, but also their points scoring is imperative for success.. It will be impossible to replace them like for like plus any home advantage we may have, will be nullified by the inclusion of replacement guests... With attendances down and people losing interest, can you blame them when this sort of decisions are made....

People, with any thoughts that this league is run on a professional basic are simply deluded.......Would this sort of thing happen in Poland ?? or maybe Sweden? I doubt it.

• Like 1

A Micky mouse league with so much wrong with it, what has happened to the days of having a regular 1/7.Tonight Swindon have to win end of otherwise it is curtains for the rest of the season.Would rather beat a full strength Stars team but again the fans are treated with contempt.If i was a Stars fan i would be half tempted not to bother tonight we only have 1 fixture every fortnight and even then we cant have full strength teams.

• Like 2

At times, the BSPA is beyond belief. Surely, it should be irrelevant who fixture was arranged first, Lambert and Rose are Lynn riders, riding on their proper race night and the Elite league club cant use their own riders.

2 questions come into play here; 1, Why has the PL club got first call on a double up riders on our race day, 2,If that be the case why re-arranged a fixture knowing these riders will be missing...

Not only are Lambert and Rose two big crowd draws at the AFA, but also their points scoring is imperative for success.. It will be impossible to replace them like for like plus any home advantage we may have, will be nullified by the inclusion of replacement guests... With attendances down and people losing interest, can you blame them when this sort of decisions are made....

People, with any thoughts that this league is run on a professional basic are simply deluded.......Would this sort of thing happen in Poland ?? or maybe Sweden? I doubt it.

Point 2 is about the only thing I agree with, the Redcar Newcastle PL fixture is an original fixture so takes president over this re-arranged one, so it might be worth asking those at Kings Lynn why agree to a Thursday night fixture knowing full well they would be without two of their riders.

And no this wouldn't happen on Poland or Sweden, as they run squad systems in the most part.

• Like 1

Not sure Nicholls would be a good choice as guest as he has quite a nasty looking am injury from grass tracking at the weekend

No doubt that the club are on the ball they'll run with R/R for Lambert giving Iversen everyone in the top 4 an extra ride.

Kerr maybe the guest for Rose

Possible line-up

1. Iversen

2. Starke

3. R/R

4. Schlein

5. Batchelor

6. Jakobsen

7. Kerr

I think double uppers should ride in the higher standard league where there is a clash but in the case of rearrangement the original fixture should always take precedence, it's not even a debate. Awful decision by Lynn I'm afraid.

• Like 1

R/R would be a nightmare I think. Ok Batchelor has looked sharper just lately , but it's bad enough Rory taking 4 rides , let alone 5 , so potentially looking at 5 or 6 points maybe 7 if guest at2 picks up a point.