British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

High Noon. Belle Vue V Poole Ela. 29/08/16.

That's the best page in the MEN, everybody reads the personal ads.

Bank holiday usually gets a big crowd anyway and with Aces fans being able to smell blood now that Poole are in decline I think we shall have a decent turnout.

Let's hope some Pirate's fans get get up early enough to get here. They're not used to being up at 6am when the factory sirens wake us up in time to get our clogs and flat caps on ready for a 12 hour shift up at Mill.

• Like 3

That's the best page in the MEN, everybody reads the personal ads.

Bank holiday usually gets a big crowd anyway and with Aces fans being able to smell blood now that Poole are in decline I think we shall have a decent turnout.

Let's hope some Pirate's fans get get up early enough to get here. They're not used to being up at 6am when the factory sirens wake us up in time to get our clogs and flat caps on ready for a 12 hour shift up at Mill.

Does that leave you enough time to feed the pigeons and take the whippet for a walk.

• Like 1

Does that leave you enough time to feed the pigeons and take the whippet for a walk.

Plenty o'time...

Also gives t'mill owner plenty o'time to beat us within an inch of our lives.....

Tell that t'southern nancies an they'll never believe a bloody word of it...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Aces by 10

Don't think your far off there Steve.Unless Poole pull something out of the bag.Surely it must happen soon.

• Like 1

I would never trust the weather in Manchester, having spent a few years watching Sale Sharks. It seems grim no end. For Poole to win they the twins to have an off night. Kurtz, Monster Energy Has Been & the Byawne mobile Chicane will struggle. Lets face it unless Newman & Ellis don't come up with some poor scores they won't get a team place next year and the I cannot imagine Anderson will perform.

Yes I am a cynical human being :)

Plenty o'time...

Also gives t'mill owner plenty o'time to beat us within an inch of our lives.....

Tell that t'southern nancies an they'll never believe a bloody word of it...

Well you know what they say -

the beatings will continue until morale improves.

I think that must be right because I seem to remember it was in the Tory manifesto at the last election and politicians never lie.

:t:

I would never trust the weather in Manchester, having spent a few years watching Sale Sharks. It seems grim no end.

Col, my friend, thank you for your words of wisdom.

I can understand your depression - even the best of us would be depressed if we had to watch Sale Sharks for years!

The reason it appears so GRIM up here in Mancunia is because we are surrounded by dark, satanic mills which cast gloomy shadows onto the heads of the poor peasant folk below.

But hey, you will not hear complaints from the stout-hearted fellow who is the Mancunian. No, he will soldier on, shoulder to the wheel, nose to the grindstone whilst tugging his forelock and doffing Keir Hardie's cap as he strives to further increase the wealth pile of his beloved masters in Londinium and Beijing.

Col, if you are coming up for the meeting, I was going to advise you to allow a little bit of extra time for your journey, as I am sure that you will remember that the motorways up here are cobbled.

But I note, that your escape from the grimness of Manchester only got you as far as Wolverhampton, so a couple of day's brisk walking should get you here in plenty of time.

On a more serious note - it will be an easy win for the Aces as Poole are yesterday's news.

On a more serious note - it will be an easy win for Poole as the Aces are yesterday's news.

I'll certainly be tooting my horn for the Belle Vue Crew (in the privacy of my own home, obviously).

Just my opinion, for what it might be worth.

:t:

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1

Belle Vue by 6 over the Pirates.

Unless Newman starts to score better and Eliis , Buck and Kurtz struggling it seems the title favourites are slowly imploding

Seems people are starting to realise what I said weeks and weeks ago. Poole are not favourites for the title. I don't think we ever have been but for the bookies who made the odds based on Poole's reputation and not a lot more. And some on here who lack speedway knowledge.

Poole are one of the better teams but I said months ago we have journeymen who are happy with their 7 points in Poland, 7 points in Sweden, 8 points in the UK. Adds up to a tidy sum at the end of every month and by riding safe without too many risks its a nice little earner.

But its funny how people on here's attutude changes because we were turned over on Monday. I called it before a wheel had turned yet quite a few were still saying Poole by ten!

Think we will do OK on Monday with a loss and a win which will give us second in the league at the time the playoffs start. Which means a trip to Wolves and probably the end of our season. Not because Wolves are a better team than Poole but because their home advantage is massive and our boys nearly always struggle around this track. Wolves could be through before the second leg is run.

Back to Monday and I think Poole will do better than they did at Swindon.

• Like 1

Seems people are starting to realise what I said weeks and weeks ago. Poole are not favourites for the title. I don't think we ever have been but for the bookies who made the odds based on Poole's reputation and not a lot more. And some on here who lack speedway knowledge.

Poole are one of the better teams but I said months ago we have journeymen who are happy with their 7 points in Poland, 7 points in Sweden, 8 points in the UK. Adds up to a tidy sum at the end of every month and by riding safe without too many risks its a nice little earner.

But its funny how people on here's attutude changes because we were turned over on Monday. I called it before a wheel had turned yet quite a few were still saying Poole by ten!

Think we will do OK on Monday with a loss and a win which will give us second in the league at the time the playoffs start. Which means a trip to Wolves and probably the end of our season. Not because Wolves are a better team than Poole but because their home advantage is massive and our boys nearly always struggle around this track. Wolves could be through before the second leg is run.

I think we will do better too but some riders need to sort themselves and their equipment out prior to the meeting or they will not be at Poole much longer

Yep thats exactly how bookies compile there odds based on reputation lol. Are you for real????

Poole had the strongest 1-7 at the start and were quite rightly favourites and odds on favourites as well.

They still have the strongest 1-7 and the fact they are not top is that riders are underperforming

Newman is struggling

Ellis although ok at home is lost as a second string away from home

Buck is out of form

Kurtz has been average

Not sure if the management are having issues with motivation , as on Monday night Rosco had a much lesser team up for the fight and the Poole boys just werent up for it.

The fact remains Poole have a reserve pairing that in heats 2 and 12 of most meetings will get 5-1 or 4-2 and that helps.

'They still have the strongest 1-7 .........riders are underperforming'!! Surely that means Poole don't have the strongest 1-7?!