British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Changes At Poole

I didn't say he was poor just that he has been bad lately as his average has dropped back to what he started on as has Hans average.

To be fair to Hans his average now is still well above his season's starting average.

We were talking about Buckowski not Kasprzak. Neither started on an assessed average.

I know KK definitely did. I dont know about buzz though

Edited by mdmc82

No they didn't Buckowski's was from 2014 at Leicester.

They both started on assessed averages as they had established MAs from previous seasons.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/el16_issue_2.pdf

See the top right panel

Edited by NeilWatson

They both started on assessed averages as they had established MAs from previous seasons.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/el16_issue_2.pdf

See the top right panel

So the assessment is from a previously established MA , not really assessed as they used the average they finished on. If a rider starts the season on the same average he finished on in a previous season that isn't assessed, that is just using that previous season's average.

Edited by foreverblue

Certainly think Poole would be stronger with Brady at reserve & taking extra rides rather than a slow Bjarne who although is getting points generally hasn't the slowest race times.

So the assessment is from a previously established MA , not really assessed as they used the average they finished on. If a rider starts the season on the same average he finished on in a previous season that isn't assessed, that is just using that previous season's average.

They were assessed because they were not running off the rolling averages.

Their averages are purely 2016 figures.

They were assessed because they were not running off the rolling averages.

Their averages are purely 2016 figures.

Fair enough forgot about the rolling averages for a moment.

Certainly think Poole would be stronger with Brady at reserve & taking extra rides rather than a slow Bjarne who although is getting points generally hasn't the slowest race times.

Unfortunately it seems we have to stick with Bjarne at reserve.

..but only for the next 2 weeks. if this evenings scores are anything to go by.

Still, dropping to reserve is far better than being dropped altogether!!!

Bjarne certainly wasn't slow tonight... ;)

• Like 1

Bjarne certainly wasn't slow tonight... ;)

Yes as his team place was in jeopardy😀

Who did he beat, the Worralls, Jacobs, Newman, Ellis & Nicholls.

Hardly a great list of riders in there that he should always beat around Poole.

Edited by Crazy robin

Cant believe people are shocked Pedersen is scoring as he is.

He is way past his best but still scoring solidly enough , OK nothing special but lets be honest he hasnt been a genuine 9 pointer since about 2008 now. Long gone are the days of being a top rider but still steady enough at reserve.

As for people saying hes boring and always has been, i find that a myth just like i did when people said it about leigh lanham. I seen pedersen and paul fry have a few superb races at swindon in the pl and over the years have seen bjarne involved in some super races on the tv.

Hes been a great servant to UK speedway, time he hangs up his el boots after this season though. Would be nice to see him have one final season in the PL with newcastle where it all started, i am still pretty sure he could easily average 9 in the premier league.

• Like 3

Yep I would just keep Brady and Ellis and possibly Holder (not sure what the situation is with him?).