British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Changes At Poole

Thats not what i said. Doyley is now realising his potential..

Now he's upped his game and is realising his potential.

Getting his collarbone sorted was the main reason he has kicked on as that held him back.

Watched him at Somerset & he was unbelievably quick & he has had kicked on from there.

He started that at Swindon in his first spell & then had a breakthrough at Birmingham & had improved every season since.

Also had grown up as could be difficult to deal with.

• Like 3

Getting his collarbone sorted was the main reason he has kicked on as that held him back.

Watched him at Somerset & he was unbelievably quick & he has had kicked on from there.

He started that at Swindon in his first spell & then had a breakthrough at Birmingham & had improved every season since.

Also had grown up as could be difficult to deal with.

Definately, his injury problems were his main bone of contention. If he doesn't get older and learn from his mistakes, you dont get respect or sponsors by not being un cooperative..

Edited by Starman2006

completly misunderstanding what I'm saying. The sheer ability and talent of these guys in a watered down elite league will always see the likes of Holder and Jonsson towards the top of the averages. They simply don't have their best stuff here or prepare properly for it. The year after Mark Loram was world champion he rode for Peterborough in the UK and I believe Luxo stars in Sweden and a big move to

Bydgoszcz in Poland. All 3 were new clubs. I can categorically tell you that he was on very big money in Poland almost treble that in the UK. If he didn't perform he wasn't paid or under threat of the sack. Sweden paid him more as well. 100% Mark had his best engines out in Poland. He was riding big tracks as a home club in the UK and Poland but he never used his Polish engines over here. His average in the UK went down and not through effort but through importance. It went on them and it goes on now

I am not quite sure of the point you are making then, apart from saying that your knowledge of what Mark Loram did or didn't do 15 years ago somehow applies to all riders today. We can discuss forever what is meant by "best " engines, but it's horses for courses. The best on one track and one type of material will not necessarily be best on other tracks. Most a average EL riders only have two engines and anyway. I remember Chris Louis saying that he had ridden Tony Rickardssons bike and it actually wasn't all that fast,but crucially it was set up in such a way that Tony could hang onto it and get the best out of it on UK tracks, and that really is the crucial thing, being able to get the best out of the bike according to conditions.

I think what gavan is saying is that riders will make sure their equipment abroad is bang up to scratch where as here they dont put as much effort into maintaining their gear.

Was told first hand from a former Danish world cup rider who has since retired that in poland some clubs go as far as insisting on riders engines are re-tuned every x amount of rides so their gear is in tip top condition at all times.

I am not quite sure of the point you are making then, apart from saying that your knowledge of what Mark Loram did or didn't do 15 years ago somehow applies to all riders today. We can discuss forever what is meant by "best " engines, but it's horses for courses. The best on one track and one type of material will not necessarily be best on other tracks. Most a average EL riders only have two engines and anyway. I remember Chris Louis saying that he had ridden Tony Rickardssons bike and it actually wasn't all that fast,but crucially it was set up in such a way that Tony could hang onto it and get the best out of it on UK tracks, and that really is the crucial thing, being able to get the best out of the bike according to conditions.

Mate when Tony rode for us he cited that Poole was not his favorite track, but he didn't do that bad on it..

Mate when Tony rode for us he cited that Poole was not his favorite track, but he didn't do that bad on it..

know he didn't but then he was world champion six time's

Definately, his injury problems were his main bone of contention.If he doesn't get older and learn from his mistakes, you dont get respect or sponsors by not being uun cooperative..

nice pun"bone of contention" even if it was not intended. bit worried about "if he doesn`t get older"fraid thats happening to all of us as we type

• Like 1

I think what gavan is saying is that riders will make sure their equipment abroad is bang up to scratch where as here they dont put as much effort into maintaining their gear.

No doubt that is what he is trying to say but he is making a sweeping generalisation without knowing all the facts. Unless he has been in all their pits and knows what is inside the engine he is in no position to make that statement of fact.

I did hear that Jason Doyle struggled financially in his first GP year and maybe he struggled a bit with his EL equipment at that time but that's just what I heard so I can't say from my own knowledge. I did see Emil Sayfutnovs bikes at close quarters when he rode for Coventry a few years back and belive me they were pretty much state of the art at that time. I've also seen the way AJ prepares at P&

P and talk to him and his mechanic a fair bit and I know everything he has is immaculate, and provided by a sponsor anyway. It always was the case that some top men cut corners on equipment, but you can't generalise.

No going through it all.Did'nt Hans ride after he's crash abroard

Edited by Bald Bloke

No, he didn't ride in the GP challenge.

Thought he rode before the GP challenge scoring 13.Before his comment that he wasn't badly hurt

Thought he rode before the GP challenge scoring 13.Before his comment that he wasn't badly hurt

No, not that I've seen. He was trying to get ready for GP challenge first.

He didnt crash abroad he crashed at leicester and hasnt ridden since Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1